This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

In hindsight...I think the game went pretty well for us. We needed an easy victory here that didn’t require us to dig too deep. We’ve seen the toll a emotionally taxing game like ky can do. That being said we’ve seen this team a number of times come out on fire and then cool off. I’d like to see Barnes use his timeouts more strategically to break the other teams momentum. But that’s why he gets paid the big bucks and we don’t. I hope he knows what he’s doing
Times outs are mandatory at certain points in these games. Coaches won't waste theirs when they know one's coming up in 30 seconds. People forget about this factor.

The negativity on here is utterly insane. This is an 80 percent win. Iowa is not in our league.

People saying we need to play great or this is a sure loss are wrong. An average performance will very likely equal a win. We are better than them in almost every respect and people refuse to stop talking themselves into us being in real trouble.

Folks are saying we haven't played well in over a month. Sure...unless you ignore the second Kentucky game and the first Mississippi State game and the third Mississippi State game and the third Kentucky game. Throw all of those out the window (which featured our two best performances of the year) and yeah, we haven't had a decent game in over a month.

What's gonna happen here is that everyone will be super negative until we get to the Elite Eight, at which point everyone will be super all-in again and be expecting a win against the first team we will play all tournament long who will be favored against us. If we lose that game (which on paper we should), everyone will freak out again and a significant number of people will post, "I'm just asking...Is it time to move on from Barnes?"

This place is absurd beyond all measure.

Is this a reference to Durant? If so, do some ****ing research. Seriously, I am tired of explaining the Durant season.
Oh, he was referencing Durant? Thought he was talking about Williams and our loss to Loyola Chicago last year. Durant angle makes more sense now that I think about it.

The negativity on here is utterly insane. This is an 80 percent win. Iowa is not in our league.

People saying we need to play great or this is a sure loss are wrong. An average performance will very likely equal a win. We are better than them in almost every respect and people refuse to stop talking themselves into us being in real trouble.

Folks are saying we haven't played well in over a month. Sure...unless you ignore the second Kentucky game and the first Mississippi State game and the third Mississippi State game and the third Kentucky game. Throw all of those out the window (which featured our two best performances of the year) and yeah, we haven't had a decent game in over a month.

What's gonna happen here is that everyone will be super negative until we get to the Elite Eight, at which point everyone will be super all-in again and be expecting a win against the first team we will play all tournament long who will be favored against us. If we lose that game (which on paper we should), everyone will freak out again and a significant number of people will post, "I'm just asking...Is it time to move on from Barnes?"

This place is absurd beyond all measure.
Good post. Might as well accept it, though, there will be people who complain and exercise negativity if we lose to Duke by 2 in the title game.

Oh, he was referencing Durant? Thought he was talking about Williams and our loss to Loyola Chicago last year. Durant angle makes more sense now that I think about it.

Never implied Barnes wasn’t a good coach, his tournament record is not very good that cannot be ignored.

Never implied Barnes wasn’t a good coach, his tournament record is not very good that cannot be ignored.
Was never about that. I thought you were implying Grant Williams was one of the greatest players of all time. Realize now you were talking about Durant.

This is why Barnes was fired at Texas.
This is a collapse of epic proportions. Embarrassing.
24 point lead gone. Has it ever even happened?

VN Store

Back