This team doesn't come out ready to play in 2nd half

This team sometimes just lacks the stomp the crap out an inferior team and dominate like they should. Its going to bite them in the butt if they don't quit sleep walking once they get a lead.

I agree with your last part, not really the first part. Good teams don’t always get it done...... Virginia first half today, UNC the same, Duke the same.

Tennessee has dog stomped some teams...... they just haven’t over the past 3 games.

It really just feels like you're waiting for the next loss to end the season so as to validate your opinion that we have underachieved in some way.
Not in the least, sorry some of you cannot handle constructive criticism. I want them to win as much as anyone, I can still call it like I see it. Sorry if you don’t like it.

Not in the least, sorry some of you cannot handle constructive criticism. I want them to win as much as anyone, I can still call it like I see it. Sorry if you don’t like it.
No you’re not. This is your whole purpose in life. If they win you have to dwell on you...which can’t be a picnic. 😉

The guy who was 0-4 with 2 TOs in the first half? I see your point, but I guess an equally compelling argument could be made that we win handily if he plays since we took a 12-pt lead into halftime with him on the court and he was clearly struggling before the contact issue. It was with him out that Colgate made a game out of it.

I wish he’d taken a few shots instead of their little guard who was hitting everything.

In hindsight...I think the game went pretty well for us. We needed an easy victory here that didn’t require us to dig too deep. We’ve seen the toll a emotionally taxing game like ky can do. That being said we’ve seen this team a number of times come out on fire and then cool off. I’d like to see Barnes use his timeouts more strategically to break the other teams momentum. But that’s why he gets paid the big bucks and we don’t. I hope he knows what he’s doing

Reactions: RollerVol
That's just it, though. There is nothing constructive about it. You only tell half the story, the overly negative half. And you aren't sorry if I don't like it. In fact, you prefer that I not like it because it's your shtick; edgy new poster who "keeps it 100". If you want to see Tennessee win, you have an odd way of showing it. It seems like the Vols could win it all and you'd find a way to "constructively" criticize it.

Probably not one of the best coaching jobs by Barnes & staff. How do you let one small player like that dominate the game?
Tough to guard a guy much better on some of the shots he hit. He hit shots with a hand, literally, in his face, shots from 3-5 ft behind the arc, and to top it all off, banks in his last shot from 25 feet. He was just on.

That's just it, though. There is nothing constructive about it. You only tell half the story, the overly negative half. And you aren't sorry if I don't like it. In fact, you prefer that I not like it because it's your shtick; edgy new poster who "keeps it 100". If you want to see Tennessee win, you have an odd way of showing it. It seems like the Vols could win it all and you'd find a way to "constructively" criticize it.
What isnt constructive about it? Breaking down the fact we haven’t been playing well very often as of late? No I’m not pointing to facts but then again neither are you... let me try this and see if it meets your liking. Hooray we beat a team I’ve never heard of by 7 on some clutch shooting by us late after getting throttled the game before this one by a mediocre team!!! I see nothing wrong with this team and we will probably win it all!!! Is that better rainbow farter? I’m a vol fan but there isn’t anything wrong with constructive criticism, your happy with how we have played lately? Good for you, I’m not going around calling you out, why do some of you have to act like the damn gustapo around here if anyone says anything that isn’t blindly optimistic?

What isnt constructive about it? Breaking down the fact we haven’t been playing well very often as of late? No I’m not pointing to facts but then again neither are you... let me try this and see if it meets your liking. Hooray we beat a team I’ve never heard of by 7 on some clutch shooting by us late after getting throttled the game before this one by a mediocre team!!! I see nothing wrong with this team and we will probably win it all!!! Is that better rainbow farter? I’m a vol fan but there isn’t anything wrong with constructive criticism, your happy with how we have played lately? Good for you, I’m not going around calling you out, why do some of you have to act like the damn gustapo around here if anyone says anything that isn’t blindly optimistic?
You are clearly triggered by people who don't like your opinion if it evokes this type of dramatic response.

Also, it is you're and Gestapo, and your last statement is a run-on sentence. I'm just constructively criticizing the poor spelling and grammar in your emotional manifesto. Don't take it personally. I was being constructive.

Gustapo? Is that the Chilean Secret Police in which Fring was an officer? And “blindly optimistic” shouldn’t be the polar opposite of your troll game if you’re attempting to garner sympathy conspiracy votes.

Better start recruiting some shooters instead of these long, lanky project types.

Same problem as last year and in our recent loses. If teams pack it in, we can’t shoot well enough to win. Need some shooters.

Same problem as last year and in our recent loses. If teams pack it in, we can’t shoot well enough to win. Need some shooters.
We still need to play inside out, even against the zone. Bowden and Turner are shooting much better and Bone can hit the three as well. Schofield showed once again he is clutch. The first game in the tourney is typically a dogfight . My biggest concern is Alexander. He just seems to have regressed the last half of this season. Fulky playing as good or better. I think they'll play better on Sunday and will win as long as they keep turnovers to a minimum. Iowa will play smart fundamental basketball so as long as we don't beat ourselves, it's on to the Sweet 16.

Reactions: RollerVol
Haven't done it several games recently.
A win is a win at tourney time. That said, the thing that concerns me is that we are terrible at defending the 3. Colgate is one of best 3 point shooting teams in country. There big man goes out hurt, yet we’re still giving enough space for Colgate to get off good looks. Same thing with Auburn game. Whether it’s our coaching or players refusing to pressure the ball, we need to get better quickly.

He has won a NC. Barnes has crapped the bed in the tourney with probably one of the greatest players of all time, huge difference between the two
How long did Roy “crap the bed” at Kansas? With some extremely talented NBA players on the roster? Dean Smith was at UNC almost 20 years before the first of his TWO. And it took a not “probably” greatest ever player in Michael Jordan to achieve that. Not a huge difference.

Not being critical of the season at all but allowing a 22-6 run will get you eliminated from this point on.
Yeah I agree. Tennessee is in a weird spot right now. On one hand we should consider this a fantastic season. On the other it seems like a major disappointment if they dont win it all. Weird. I wish they had won the seccg. Then if you go to 16 or 8, that would be a very good ending.

VN Store

Back