CBB Coaching Carousel (Updated List 4/24)

UCLA is going to be interesting. They have had a long time to pick their next coach. Alford was a reach. I would think the UCLA boosters want a proven commodity this time, and not a re-tread or project hire.

UCLA is a tougher job than many think. Its tough to win nationally out there cause kids dont want their games to air on TV at 11pm on the east coast. Youre restricted to basically west coast kids yet west coast kids are accepting offers east all of the time. This is a reason PAC12 football has fallen so far also.

He’s not a good coach and he hasn’t recruited well sans Stansbury. They had 3 NBA-level players last year. He’s always had excuses. He’s had 8 years. This year was more the norm. It was time to go. He’s had a sub-.500 record in conference in a generally weak SEC (in the time he’s been here).

Of course he hasn't recruited well without Stansbury. Surprised Stansbury's name hasn't come up in the investigations. He is known for pushing the envelope.

Reactions: kxtop
Whoever gets the job at A&M will be walking into a prime recruiting area and state.
Yea......same recruiting area and state as every other A&M coach has walked into. Still have never done anything though. A&M should have hired Rick Stansbury.

ESPN reporting that William and Mary coach is out.
William and Mary has never been to the NCAA Tournament. Not once in like 70 years. Shaver has been there forever, so it's kinda odd. The Tribe is always somewhat competitive in the CAA, but just never win it all.

Also, as an ODU alum (which started as a W&M charter school), screw the Tribe.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
William and Mary has never been to the NCAA Tournament. Not once in like 70 years. Shaver has been there forever, so it's kinda odd. The Tribe is always somewhat competitive in the CAA, but just never win it all.

Also, as an ODU alum (which started as a W&M charter school), screw the Tribe.
My mom is still p'd that I didn't go there.........30 yrs later.
Screw W&M.;)

Tech is still paying Paul Hewitt from 7 years ago, just got done paying Brian Gregory and just took on the buyout for Paul Johnson. Might as well replace the Ramblin Wreck with a dead money ATM machine.

Why would they owe Paul Johnson a buyout? He retired.

Though, still an expensive transition, since they had to pay $2.5 million for Collins' buyout from Temple.

Why would they owe Paul Johnson a buyout? He retired.
I know, but there has to be some sort of exit arrangement. He was extended to 2022 and due to make $3 million next year. No way he left without a negotiated settlement.

VN Store

Back