CBB Coaching Carousel (Updated List 4/24)

A&M is definitely open. Buzz will be their first choice based on everything we (Aggies) are hearing. Also allegedly looking at Sampson from UH. Hopefully, we don’t go the bargain basement route.
Heard a rumour that y'all may be interested in Raider Rash coach Chris Beard . He played for Turnaround Tommy (Penders) at that school in Austin and seems some of that turnaround magic rubbed off.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Heard a rumour that y'all may be interested in Raider Rash coach Chris Beard . He played for Turnaround Tommy (Penders) at that school in Austin and seems some of that turnaround magic rubbed off.

I don’t know why he’d leave for A&M. The Big 12 is a better basketball conference and Texas Tech to A&M would be a lateral to a move down in my opinion.

I don’t know why he’d leave for A&M. The Big 12 is a better basketball conference and Texas Tech to A&M would be a lateral to a move down in my opinion.
He's a Woodlands kid (closer to home) plus y'all money whipped Jimbo.

Source telling me that Bill Self is dunzo after this season. Fleeing the scene before sanctions hit to take the Bulls HC job. Kansas targeting Jerod Haase, former KU standout and current Stanford coach.

This is all very speculative at this point, but the source is a good one.

220px-Carnac.jpg

• UMKC has been moving quickly with their search. I have heard that Nevada special assistant (and former San Francisco and Florida Atlantic head coach) Rex Walters is in the mix here as well as a big-time D2 head coach. This has already been narrowed down to a very small group (DHR running the search).
  • Loyola associate head coach Bryan Mullins is the leader at Southern Illinois. He has been on Porter Moser’s staff for the past five seasons, and played collegiately at Southern Illinois (2005-09).
  • A few search firm updates: I’ve heard Parker has George Washington and Appalachian State, Fogler has UNLV, and Ventura has Washington State.
  • I mentioned JTIII at William & Mary last week – his name has really heated up there over the past few days…
  • Starting to hear some buzz surrounding UTRGV’s Lew Hill at Tulane. He’s done a really good job building the program at UTRGV, and obviously Tulane needs someone to come in and get that thing going.
  • Phone interviews at DIII Hampden-Sydney wrapped up last week. On campus interviews start this week – Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I’ve heard that one DI assistant and a DIII head coach are still in the mix.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The word going around Georgia Tech message boards is Josh Pastner will hang around as head basketball coach for another 2 seasons and that will reduce his payout from 8 million to 4 million then they will fire him. Georgia Tech will probably have losing seasons in 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 so that sounds about right.

William and Mary has never been to the NCAA Tournament. Not once in like 70 years. Shaver has been there forever, so it's kinda odd. The Tribe is always somewhat competitive in the CAA, but just never win it all.

Also, as an ODU alum (which started as a W&M charter school), screw the Tribe.
As Lou Holtz said about his coaching time at W&M..." I had too many Marys and not enough Williams."

VN Store

Back