Vols Spring Practice No. 4 Updates 3.13

That pic of Crouch and Peterson is pretty telling in terms of size and attitude. I hope I’m reading too much into it.
Coming out of high school Peterson was praised for his business approach and being a work out warrior. I really don't understand what happened hopefully he is ready.

Coming out of high school Peterson was praised for his business approach and being a work out warrior. I really don't understand what happened hopefully he is ready.

It certainly isn't true of every case, but this is why I take a wait and see approach with guys with grade issues and/or juco players. I'm feeling much the same way about Davis in this class. Hope both turn out to be all SEC players at UT, but I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't put money on either one.

Skeert to do it on your own?
I honestly think it’s the coach. I just don’t think he’s going to get it done. Mike Leach would have been entertaining, even if we never did better than 8-4.

I honestly think it’s the coach. I just don’t think he’s going to get it done. Mike Leach would have been entertaining, even if we never did better than 8-4.

Mike Leach ain't an option, you might want to get over that. Like I told Jack a while back, No one had Pruitt on their list, we all wanted someone else, but he's here now and you don't have to glad or happy about, but I am. And if I have to deal with your and others whining about it, you all are gonna have to deal with my whining about your whining.

OR, we could all just enjoy the ride and not act like this is a quest to cure cancer.

It is a bit striking....thought JJ was a DB at first until I realized it was him. Hoping it was just the angle. QC looks like a full growed man...JJ, still trying to get in shape. Hope I’m reading too much into it too.

Been watching practice highlights and have seen what we would expect......until yesterday. One player shocked me so much that I had to watch it a couple of more times. Pruitt was working with the linebackers on a drill that required punching a sled, then scraping down the line and tackling a person. It was ho hum until one guy exploded into the sled, then flew horizontally to violently wrap up the person. Extreme quickness! The player was violent and had incredible speed and agility. It was #6.....Peterson. Made my day.

You’re correct about the angle in that picture. When standing side by side, Peterson looks 2-3 inches taller than Crouch.

Good to see JG make a couple of really good deep throws yesterday. I also noticed that Maurer’s release is at least a full second faster than the other 2 guys.

Last edited:
If you run Windows and periodically see the below display on screen, in case you don't know there's a fix. Simply right click your mouse on the image. A menu will pop up, select Play Video, problem solved.

1552564935128.png

Reactions: tennvols77
He'll be worth his weight in gold if he can work his magic on JG.

NB4 dumb fat joke.

Your OC is so Fat, I took his picture last Christmas and it's still Printing!!! ;)

Just kidding, don't Taze me Bro!!

1509311426707.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackCreekVol
Knowing Butch got 9 wins/ I feel better already.
At this point, I can’t say one guy is better than the other. They both had very similar 1st seasons. Butch just had so much talent in Barnett, Kamara, Hurd, Dobbs, Evan Berry, etc...A good coach could have had us winning the SEC. I don’t know what Pruitt is capable of, but to this point he just makes me feel uneasy about Tennessee football.

Reactions: griffdog14
Oh good grief, so you've come up with this 4 practices into the spring?? Maybe you should visit the other teams forums and just stay there this year. Anyone who can't see what Pruitt is building obviously doesn't know the game very well. Don't get me wrong Leach is who I wanted from the get go of the search because of his entertainment and how he coaches but I don't think he would've had the success Pruitt will. If everyone will remain patient as most did with Barnes we'll reap the rewards in football as well

Oh good grief, so you've come up with this 4 practices into the spring?? Maybe you should visit the other teams forums and just stay there this year. Anyone who can't see what Pruitt is building obviously doesn't know the game very well. Don't get me wrong Leach is who I wanted from the get go of the search because of his entertainment and how he coaches but I don't think he would've had the success Pruitt will. If everyone will remain patient as most did with Barnes we'll reap the rewards in football as well
Well, 4 practices and the entire 2018 season...

Well, 4 practices and the entire 2018 season...
So Pruitt takes over for a coach who was fired for a horrible season, who was known for relying on god given talent instead of developing players, so what exactly was you expecting last year? Last year wasn't what anyone wanted but what most expected however breaking the losing streak against sec west teams was very nice. When you put in new systems on both sides of the ball it takes time not just 8 months. Pruitt is hard to please when it comes to football so he will always have more negative comments than positive. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but trust me when I say good times are coming, this year won't always be great but I believe more people will be able to see the change that's coming.

VN Store

Back