'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

We need to win recruiting battles. Doesn't matter whether it's instate or out. We could win the instate recruiting battle every single year and still be behind on talent versus our peers. Tennessee has to be a better regional recruiter year in and out to be successful. That starts with giving proof on the field of play that we're headed in the right direction.

We need to win recruiting battles. Doesn't matter whether it's instate or out. We could win the instate recruiting battle every single year and still be behind on talent versus our peers. Tennessee has to be a better regional recruiter year in and out to be successful. That starts with giving proof on the field of play that we're headed in the right direction.
To'oto'o Defensive POTY in Cali.
Morris was best player in Georgia before committing to us, then the proverbial drop.
Eric Gray only 3 time Mr. Football in TN ever.

We Aight. Just got to beat out Clemson for a few top guys we are in on.

Have good confidence we are going to win 7+ this year plus bowl game win.

I guess. In places like Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, it’s called a waste of time, though.

Apples to oranges. LA and MS do have more loyalty than TN and that's because they don't have much else going but their instate colleges and not many transplants. TN has professional basketball, football and hockey teams and most people in Nashville aren't from TN, it's a melting pot of people from elsewhere without ties to UT. And oh by the way the Vols have sucked for a decade. And during that sucky decade powerful programs like OSU, Clemson and others have decided to set up shop in TN to recruit.

Bottom line is until we start winning again it's going to be a fight to keep the majority of top "instate" kids and even then it'll still be a fight. But as long as we keep bringing in top talent from other states like GA, NC and elsewhere I honestly don't care if some top TN talent goes out of state. Part of the recruiting game.

We lose a couple kids from TN but gain a few from GA? Cool.

Also on Texas, the other UT isn't getting the top kids anymore like they used to. I took a quick look at rivals and in 2019 the top 3 kids in TX went to A&M, OU and LSU. 2018 TX had 2 5stars, one did go to Texas but the other went to Bama. And in 2017 the top 3 all left the state; FSU, Stanford and OSU. The burnt orange is having to fight like crazy to keep their best in Austin just like the real UT in Knoxville.

Apples to oranges. LA and MS do have more loyalty than TN and that's because they don't have much else going but their instate colleges and not many transplants. TN has professional basketball, football and hockey teams and most people in Nashville aren't from TN, it's a melting pot of people from elsewhere without ties to UT. And oh by the way the Vols have sucked for a decade. And during that sucky decade powerful programs like OSU, Clemson and others have decided to set up shop in TN to recruit.

Bottom line is until we start winning again it's going to be a fight to keep the majority of top "instate" kids and even then it'll still be a fight. But as long as we keep bringing in top talent from other states like GA, NC and elsewhere I honestly don't care if some top TN talent goes out of state. Part of the recruiting game.

Also on Texas, the other UT isn't getting the top kids anymore like they used to. I took a quick look at rivals and in 2019 the top 3 kids in TX went to A&M, OU and LSU. 2018 TX had 2 5stars, one did go to Texas but the other went to Bama. And in 2017 the top 3 all left the state; FSU, Stanford and OSU. The burnt orange is having to fight like crazy to keep their best in Austin just like the real UT in Knoxville.
I was mostly kidding, but you made the point in greater detail, and I don’t disagree with anything you said. It just sucks that we don’t have more loyalty in state. And I know we have sucked for 10+ years, but we have struggled for that kind of loyalty in our best times as well.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
I guess. In places like Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, it’s called a waste of time, though.
Last cycle, in Mississippi, 6 of the top 10 went out of state...in Louisiana, 7 of the top 15 went out of state...and, in Texas, 5 of the top 10, and 7 of the top 15 went out of state.

Last edited:
Last cycle, in Mississippi, 6 of the top 10 went out of state...in Louisiana, 7 of the top 15 went out of state...and, in Texas, 5 of the top 10, and 7 of the top 15 went out of state.

but fences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do these kids not have loyalty to a university that just so happens to be in the same state they went to high school in? Is this what anarchy looks like? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but fences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do these kids not have loyalty to a university that just so happens to be in the same state they went to high school in? Is this what anarchy looks like? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody get Newt a Xanax

Need to win some Fkn games

Exactly. Win more games, and it’s going to be less of a fight to get good instate kids.

This staff is still fighting an uphill battle trying to sell 5-7. Meanwhile, you have schools like Clemson calling. What program is going to be more attractive to TN HS kids who haven’t even seen UT be successful in their lifetimes?

Doesn’t matter. TSSAA football is hot garbage. These kids wouldn’t be rated if they were from Ga, Fla, NC, or Tx anyway......
Right?;):rolleyes:

Doesn’t matter. TSSAA football is hot garbage. These kids wouldn’t be rated if they were from Ga, Fla, NC, or Tx anyway......

This

No one in their right damn mind moves to Mississippi.

To'oto'o Defensive POTY in Cali.
Morris was best player in Georgia before committing to us, then the proverbial drop.
Eric Gray only 3 time Mr. Football in TN ever.

We Aight. Just got to beat out Clemson for a few top guys we are in on.

Have good confidence we are going to win 7+ this year plus bowl game win.
Pruitt and his staff have done a great job so far but that will only get so much mileage. I wasn't saying we lose all the recruiting battles BUT we could win a lot more if we start winning on field. I think we're saying mostly the same thing but in different ways.

Well opportunity to rate a few TSSAA players is tempting when the history of HS football has not been very good. It may take a while for the "raters" to fine tune their evaluations of Tennessee HS football . I would like to see more interstate games between the higher rated Tennessee teams with teams from GA, NC, etc. Might present a better idea of just how good or bad Tennessee HS football really is.

Well opportunity to rate a few TSSAA players is tempting when the history of HS football has not been very good. It may take a while for the "raters" to fine tune their evaluations of Tennessee HS football . I would like to see more interstate games between the higher rated Tennessee teams with teams from GA, NC, etc. Might present a better idea of just how good or bad Tennessee HS football really is.
#1 it’s expensive for high schools to travel out of state unless your BA or Ensworth
#2 my post was sarcastic (note the wink). Some on here think all TN Hs kids suck.

Reactions: VolsVFL

VN Store

Back