Jack Daniels Tasters' Selection High Angel's Share Review

Yeah me too. You ever notice the black stuff on trees and buildings around there? I have a buddy that’s contracted thru JD that washes the black fungus off some of the buildings there. Unfortunately for distillery towns that black stuff is on almost everything.

I have not noticed it. Like I said I don't get there often. But if I'm passing through and have time I try to stop by. I'll try to be more observant next time I get down that way. I'm curious, being a fungus is it worse during the summer? What contributes to its growth. Possibly the sugars or something in the vapors?

Anybody else a TN Squire? Been one for decades, and from time to time I get letters from Jack Daniels telling me about my deeded property there, and who's been trespassing and such. They used to send me calendars... have not heard much from them lately. Jack on the rocks, saweeeet!

Yep, been a squire for years. I try to get by and see Goose and the guys every chance I get, yesterday was Goose's birthday by the way. Give the squire house a call make sure they have your current information, 931-759-6185.

Reactions: AirVol
I have not noticed it. Like I said I don't get there often. But if I'm passing through and have time I try to stop by. I'll try to be more observant next time I get down that way. I'm curious, being a fungus is it worse during the summer? What contributes to its growth. Possibly the sugars or something in the vapors?

I've been told what causes it but I can't remember. It occurs around distillation. Revenuers used to look for it when hunting for moonshiners.

I’ve been invited to their December events but declined. Something about camping out in December just turns me off.

Busters is where I go to find the harder to find stuff including Blantons. Will have to check Doc’s expanded footprint which is a closer trip for me. My local liquor store does a similar event, but their selection isn’t very rare stuff.

I’ve been invited to their December events but declined. Something about camping out in December just turns me off.

Busters is where I go to find the harder to find stuff including Blantons. Will have to check Doc’s expanded footprint which is a closer trip for me. My local liquor store does a similar event, but their selection isn’t very rare stuff.
Meh. I love bourbon but there’s no way in hell im going to those kind of lengths. I have read it’s good though

Midwinters night dram from High West. I haven’t seen any in a while but came across some tonight. Very enjoyable

Reactions: CAVPUT
Midwinters night dram from High West. I haven’t seen any in a while but came across some tonight. Very enjoyable

Anyone seen The Legend of Buster Scruggs? This scene made me think of Yippee Ki-Yay whiskey from High West.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-10.03.09-AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol737

It does seem to be hard to locate. Their Rendezvous Rye is a good one.

Just stocked up on all the Japanese Whiskey I can fit in the home bar. Gonna sit on them for a few years and sell/trade up.

VN Store

Back