'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

Sure we would have. Chryst wasnt very good. JG was a much better QB. Pruitt would have started KC if he was better. We saw how good he was when he started against Missouri.

Much different being named the starter at the beginning of the year,Verses coming off the bench and being named the starter.Pruitt has been on the record saying that JG would be the starter because he knew the playbook better through and through.

Much different being named the starter at the beginning of the year,Verses coming off the bench and being named the starter.Pruitt has been on the record saying that JG would be the starter because he knew the playbook better through and through.

JG was better than Chryst and thats a fact. Sorry.

JG was better than Chryst and thats a fact. Sorry.

Lol.ok. On 10 yard passes or less I’ll take that bet for sure! Just because a QB isn’t as mobile as JG doesn’t mean he isn’t as good or better especially with our problems at OL you’ll never know if he was or wasnt officially neither one had time to throw.Chryst didn’t get a fair shake at all because of how late he came in and JG knew the playbook that was the difference.

Lol.ok. On 10 yard passes or less I’ll take that bet for sure! Just because a QB isn’t as mobile as JG doesn’t mean he isn’t as good or better especially with our problems at OL you’ll never know if he was or wasnt officially neither one had time to throw.Chryst didn’t get a fair shake at all because of how late he came in and JG knew the playbook that was the difference.

Chryst completed 45% of his passes for a 130 QBR last year (as a 5th year player)...lifetime 129 QBR quarterback, mostly while playing for a really good team and OL. Doesn't hold a candle to JG playing for a terrible team and OL. There's really no comparison.

And all his "15-2 as a starter" BS was blown up last year as he struggled on a bad team (shocker). All that "he's a winner/has intangibles" mythology was to put to bed...again. Stats tell the truth, not mythical, non-empirical intangibles.

Chryst completed 45% of his passes for a 130 QBR last year (as a 5th year player)...lifetime 129 QBR quarterback, mostly while playing for a really good team and OL. Doesn't hold a candle to JG playing for a terrible team and OL. There's really no comparison.

And all his "15-2 as a starter" BS was blown up last year as he struggled on a bad team (shocker). All that "he's a winner/has intangibles" mythology was to put to bed...again. Stats tell the truth, not mythical, non-empirical intangibles.
Stats are a tool, but intangibles are not a useless myth.

Reactions: miket4god
Brian Maurer Elite 11 Finalist

If you don't know much about him. Watch this video. start at 2:47 You can tell Trent Dilfer is emotionally invested into this kid. AND he was probably the best pure competitor out there.

Really emotional back story on Brian, and he clearly elevates the play of his teammates. I'm telling you all we have a future star already on campus. Dude is a fireball!

Really think Maurer has a special sort of edge to his game. Will be tough for Bailey or anyone else to unseat him from the starter’s role if he takes it.

And I think he will. People on here assume that I think Bailey is overrated. It's not that.

It's the situation of it all.

In 2008? Tim Tebow was a sophomore, and right behind him was a guy named Cam Newton. A freshman. 5 star just like Tebow.
A future Heisman winner himself and stud NFL QB.

Is there any argument NOW as to who the better QB is? Cam Newton all day.

Yet, would ANY of you see ANY QB EVER, taking Tebow's job while at Florida?? Heck no!!

Truth of the matter is, Maurer is here first. And he also has a strong arm AND he will have a SR laiden WR corps to throw to.
This scenario is contingent on him actually being able to take the job for himself away from a battled tested RS JR.

Potential downside to his game right now is his personality. He's a very emotional kid, and he was raised in a home with only women. So it derives from that nature mostly.That's tough. As a young man, he's probably not had enough of the right kind of male influence. But you can tell he WANTS to be the right kind of man. And that is going to carry him a long way.

He has very strong leadrship qualities having to be the stand in man of his household from boyhood age. You can tell that in the way he communicates his feelings. I loved how Dilfer would always embrace him, reenforcing appropriate positive male mentorship.

And now he's getting to learn under Pruitt and Weinke, and all these other hardworking self-made men. Sky is the limit for this kid.

And I think he will. People on here assume that I think Bailey is overrated. It's not that.

It's the situation of it all.

In 2008? Tim Tebow was a sophomore, and right behind him was a guy named Cam Newton. A freshman. 5 star just like Tebow.
A future Heisman winner himself and stud NFL QB.

Is there any argument NOW as to who the better QB is? Cam Newton all day.

Yet, would ANY of you see ANY QB EVER, taking Tebow's job while at Florida?? Heck no!!

Truth of the matter is, Maurer is here first. And he also has a strong arm AND he will have a SR laiden WR corps to throw to.
This scenario is contingent on him actually being able to take the job for himself away from a battled tested RS JR.

Potential downside to his game right now is his personality. He's a very emotional kid, and he was raised in a home with only women. So it derives from that nature mostly.That's tough. As a young man, he's probably not had enough of the right kind of male influence. But you can tell he WANTS to be the right kind of man. And that is going to carry him a long way.

He has very strong leadrship qualities having to be the stand in man of his household from boyhood age. You can tell that in the way he communicates his feelings. I loved how Dilfer would always embrace him, reenforcing appropriate positive male mentorship.

And now he's getting to learn under Pruitt and Weinke, and all these other hardworking self-made men. Sky is the limit for this kid.
Tebow had a two season head start and played extensively as a true freshman before locking the starting job down as a sophomore. Unless injuries intervene, Maurer’s going up against Bailey as a redshirt freshman...nowhere near the situation as Tebow and Newton.

Tebow had a two season head start and played extensively as a true freshman before locking the starting job down as a sophomore. Unless injuries intervene, Maurer’s going up against Bailey as a redshirt freshman...nowhere near the situation as Tebow and Newton.

Are you sure about that? I thought Cam was right behind him.

I don't think Maurer redshirts. Even if JG does hold on to the spot.

Are you sure about that? I thought Cam was right behind him.

I don't think Maurer redshirts. Even if JG does hold on to the spot.
You were right about the years but not the situation. Tebow was a major reason the Gators won the NC in his freshman season and Cam Newton beat out Brantley as the backup but was no threat to unseat Tebow...and it wasn’t seniority. The totality of Tebow’s COLLEGE career was insurmountable in Urban’s offense. If injuries aren’t a factor, Maurer redshirts.

You were right about the years but not the situation. Tebow was a major reason the Gators won the NC in his freshman season and Cam Newton beat out Brantley as the backup but was no threat to unseat Tebow...and it wasn’t seniority. The totality of Tebow’s COLLEGE career was insurmountable in Urban’s offense. If injuries aren’t a factor, Maurer redshirts.
Since Tebow had just won the Heisman Trophy I'd say you're probably right.

VN will be calling for Shrout.
Depends on how Spring and Camp go, IMO.

If Maurer wins the backup job outright and it never seems all that close, then I doubt too many will calling for him if JG went down. All 3 of our QBs do have fans who will beat their drums no matter what, though.

Depends on how Spring and Camp go, IMO.

If Maurer wins the backup job outright and it never seems all that close, then I doubt too many will calling for him if JG went down. All 3 of our QBs do have fans who will beat their drums no matter what, though.

Ill check back in October.

VN Store

Back