'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

Completed passes to 9 different receivers. No turnovers, over 320 yds, 20/30 which 2 where jump balls, ( unless it fits your agenda then they would have been back shoulder throws), everybody’s SEC player of the week (except yours) all this on the road but he didn’t look good to you...daaamn!
Don't talk down to me to fit your narrative bud. Never said anything about him looking good or bad. I said two words, and you had a lot to say about that. Tell it to the haters. I'm not in the business of cutting players down, or others for that matter. 🙄

Ugh....hard NO to that take. Dude threw lasers.

Marino threw lazers, but the ball often arrived high, and he left it to the receiver to beat the defenders by jumping for the ball. Duper and Clayton were particularly good at doing that. A pass does not have to be a long, arching bomb to require the receiver to go up for it. I was particularly stunned to see Marino throwing jump balls when watching him at the stadium, but you could see it on tv.

Marino threw lazers, but the ball often arrived high, and he left it to the receiver to beat the defenders by jumping for the ball. Duper and Clayton were particularly good at doing that. A pass does not have to be a long, arching bomb to require the receiver to go up for it. I was particularly stunned to see Marino throwing jump balls when watching him at the stadium, but you could see it on tv.
I saw him a bunch live as well and don’t recall many jump balls.......

Reactions: butchna
I saw him a bunch live as well and don’t recall many jump balls.......

OK. I didn't mean it like peep usually think of jump balls. I heard Marino talking about it after he retired, and he gave a lot of credit to D&C going after hard catches. They were amazing to watch.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back