Jack Daniels Tasters' Selection High Angel's Share Review

I suspect your house popular on football Saturdays. Let me know if you start selling tickets.

If you like Blade and Bow which I do I hope you get a chance to try Blade and Bow 22YO sometime. They release limited quantities just every now and then. I don't remember the last time I saw a bottle. Me and a couple of friends split a bottle a few years ago during what I believe was their first release. It went for $150 then and in no time at all it shot up to $250. I'm glad I got to try it but that's a bit too pricy. If you can find a bottle I don't even know what it goes for now.

What did you think of the Blood Oath? I've only tried it one time and wasn't overwhelmed but it seems to have a loyal following. If I understand correctly no two releases will be the same.

Would love to try the 22 yr BnB. I think Regular BnB on its own is excellent. One of my favorites. Stitzel-Weller knows what they’re doing. Same here on the Blood Oath. It’s good, but doesn’t knock my socks off. I’ve found wine to be the same way. Lots of good ones at various price points. You don’t have to break the bank to find 4-5 solid ones.

I love bourbon, and like scotch, but I do not like Irish whiskey. At all.

Bushmills Blackbush is really good for Irish. I was at a pub, and wanted to try some good Scotch, but they were all $20 and up per shot. I just couldn't do that. so the guy recommended Black Bush. Liked it quite well.

The only JD I drink is Single Barrel Select. It's as solid of a bourbon as there is. My cabinet now consist of:

Weller 12
Weller 107
Col. EH Taylor SB
Eagle Rare
Blantons
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Woodford Reserve
Blade & Bow
John J Bowman
Angel's Envy
Russell's Reserve 10 year
Buffalo Trace
JD SBS
McKenna 10 yr
Bird Dog 10 yr
Blood Oath
Calumet Farms 10 yr Black
Rock Hill Farms

Planning on picking up some Four Roses SB as I too have heard many people sing it's praises. Time to reload on some Jefferson's, it's been a while. Had a chance to pick up some High West Yippee-Ki-Yay Rye and passed. Bad mistake I'm told.

High West is hit or miss (they really need to stick to their strengths and cut down the variety) but their allocated Midwinter Night's Dram is awesome.

Reactions: Vol737
Would love to try the 22 yr BnB. I think Regular BnB on its own is excellent. One of my favorites. Stitzel-Weller knows what they’re doing. Same here on the Blood Oath. It’s good, but doesn’t knock my socks off. I’ve found wine to be the same way. Lots of good ones at various price points. You don’t have to break the bank to find 4-5 solid ones.

As I stated above I've been a bourbon drinker for over 45 years almost exclusively. I just cannot acquire a taste for wine. I've tried some that were suppose to be good but the most I can say is the best wine I ever drank was not much better than the worst wine I ever drank. I know many people love wine for the same reasons I love bourbon so I'm not knocking it. I think I'm just too sensitive to the tannins or something. I like beer with food occasionally but I've never been a big beer drinker either.

As I stated above I've been a bourbon drinker for over 45 years almost exclusively. I just cannot acquire a taste for wine. I've tried some that were suppose to be good but the most I can say is the best wine I ever drank was not much better than the worst wine I ever drank. I know many people love wine for the same reasons I love bourbon so I'm not knocking it. I think I'm just too sensitive to the tannins or something. I like beer with food occasionally but I've never been a big beer drinker either.

Steak aside, I almost never drink bourbon or whiskey with food. On the other hand, I can't recall the last glass of wine I had a la carte. I almost always have wine with my dinner. Beer is what I usually drink at bars unless I'm at a cocktail joint.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Going to the liquor store at lunch time. So much more informed after reading this thread, and I'll share what I end up purchasing.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
I have recently switched to Store Pick Elijah Craig for my everyday sipping and it surprised the hell outta me.

Steak aside, I almost never drink bourbon or whiskey with food. On the other hand, I can't recall the last glass of wine I had a la carte. I almost always have wine with my dinner. Beer is what I usually drink at bars unless I'm at a cocktail joint.

Ditto. Usually start with a bourbon pre-dinner, wine throughout and maybe another small pour of bourbon at the end of the night.

I don't drink whiskey with food either. I'm more of an after dinner drinker. I seldom drink during the day except for occasional cookouts and of course college football Saturdays. I drink often. I have a drink or two four of five nights a week but you will very rarely see me drunk. I learned a long long time ago when enough is enough and I hate hangovers. I drink purely to enjoy and explore the spirits and share the experience with a friend or two when I can.

I should actually be thankful that I have hangovers. If I didn't I'd probably be alcoholic. Have you ever noticed that the people who don't suffer hangover are often the ones who end up with a problem. I noticed when I was a young man that the guy who partied hard on Saturday night and drank beers on Sunday was usually the one headed for trouble. Back in the day if I got drunk I didn't want to even see alcohol for a while.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
My plan early on was to not drink alone and not drink at home. I always figured that it's basically impossible to be an alcoholic without doing those things

Events coordinator, lots of perks and gives private tours to celebs. She’s in commercials and on calendars a lot too.

I don't get there often but I love to go to Lynchburg. It's amazing how you can smell whiskey in the air around town.

That’s sour mash you smell. But yeah, it’s a cool town.
Anybody else a TN Squire? Been one for decades, and from time to time I get letters from Jack Daniels telling me about my deeded property there, and who's been trespassing and such. They used to send me calendars... have not heard much from them lately. Jack on the rocks, saweeeet!

Anybody else a TN Squire? Been one for decades, and from time to time I get letters from Jack Daniels telling me about my deeded property there, and who's been trespassing and such. They used to send me calendars... have not heard much from them lately. Jack on the rocks, saweeeet!

Squire here. You didn’t get the 2019 calendar?

Squire here. You didn’t get the 2019 calendar?
No... trying to think of the last time they sent me anything, been over a year or so. I used to get a kick out of the letters regarding the goings on and issues they are dealing with. Someone there had a sense of humor.

Ended up going with the Jim Beam Black. Should be a good addition for the cabinet.

You know, I shoot JB when I get stupid at bars every now and again, but their double oak and black just didn't do it for me. I feel like Woodford's Double Oak and Bulleit's 12 are just categorically superior.

Thank you. I never knew for sure where the smell was coming from. I sure like it though.
Yeah me too. You ever notice the black stuff on trees and buildings around there? I have a buddy that’s contracted thru JD that washes the black fungus off some of the buildings there. Unfortunately for distillery towns that black stuff is on almost everything.

No... trying to think of the last time they sent me anything, been over a year or so. I used to get a kick out of the letters regarding the goings on and issues they are dealing with. Someone there had a sense of humor.
No calendar or 2019 Squire shot glass? Damn son, I got mine back in Dec. Helps to live nearby, just stop in and grab and go.

I've never heard of the Squires before. Had to google it to find out what you were talking about. Looks like I'll never be one but very cool indeed.

VN Store

Back