Vince Dooley discusses UGA/UT schedule change

And you are stuck in fantasy land.

No one cares who we play other than a fan base stuck in the past holding onto rivalries.

All the country sees is wins or losses.

I'm not stuck anywhere IHTB.... You're the one bishing and moaning about not being able to beat Alabama when we can't even fawking beat Vandy. 3 years dude. Ass whoopings from Vandy, Missouri and WV and you're crying about Alabama and calling others stupid? Derp.

Lol, you're okay with rotating Bama...well, I guess that's good.

Arkansas plays Auburn, Alabama, LSU and A&M every year. Wanna trade with'um?

Auburn plays Alabama, Georgia, LSU and A&M every year. Wanna trade with them?

I'm fine. Pruitt gets things going like we hope and all the crying will stop and nobody will care about big ole Bama.

@NEOCON Did you miss this one? Would you trade with them?

@NEOCON Did you miss this one? Would you trade with them?

Didn’t realize AM was ever a threat to win it all like Fl has multiple times since the 90s.
LSU is good but equal to GA.

So we are slightly ahead of those.

Now go pull GA schedule, Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky and don’t cherry pick.

GA schedule is a joke.
Out of conference game is always Georgia tech....yeah the tech even we beat during our worst year ever!

Honest question....why input IHTB?
I get you know that but does it matter?

No reason other than I call others by their original names too.

I guess it matters to you.

As far as the other post, with Jimbo at A&M now, I believe they'll be in the conversation soon.

You never answered my question but I don't even care anymore. I think your opinion on this is stupid and you think mine is.

As far as the other post, with Jimbo at A&M now, I believe they'll be in the conversation soon.

You never answered my question but I don't even care anymore. I think your opinion on this is stupid and you think mine is.

I agree that Am is about to be a load and I don’t think your personal opinion is dumb.

I think am replaces bama soon so maybe u were taking future not past.

Not sure you other question so I must have missed it. What was it?

Really?

Lulz.

I think you personally are a smart guy who believes in tradition and bama falls under tradition with you.

There are people on here who believe in playing the toughest teams possible just to say we did....that is dumb.

There is a slight difference.

I am for a 9 game SEC schedule because the UTAD has abused fans with soft OOC schedules for way too many years. I have a zero confidence they would play a more competitive schedule without being forced to.

As far as Alabama is concerned, how can you call that a rivalry? TSIO is not as significant as Auburn-Alabama, Georgia-Florida, LSU-Bama, or the Egg Bowl. I have been watching UT football since the late 60’s and can not remember a single TSIO that had any impact on the championship of the SEC. Either one team or the other is good and the other is not. UT and Bama are in different divisions in the conference but not once in the 26 years of the SEC championship game has the two faced each other. And it has not even been close to happening.

I think that the reason that we as UT fans value tradition is because during the last 10 years that is all we have.

The level of stupid on this site is crazy high.
The portion of the fan base who prides itself on getting its teeth kicked in year after year because thry love playing the hardest teams possible is just idiotic.

Ohio state schedules cupcakes and constantly gets into the playoffs or a major bowl. There is a reason there are so many big ten teams still in the top 15 at year end who are trash...because they play no one.

You keep swinging your manhood card over there and let us run the gauntlet and barely make a bowl game while other teams figured out the system and actually schedule wisely.

This isn’t the NCAAM.
No one cares about your strength of schedule.
Notre Dam proves that.
Is Ohio State scared of playing Michigan every year? Nope, they aren't cowards. To be the best you gotta beat the best. Taking the easy way shows a major lack of character.

What is IHTB?

Reactions: Boca Vol
This isn’t the NCAAM.
No one cares about your strength of schedule.
Notre Dam proves that.

I hate ND more than anyone you know. But short of the traditional Navy game, they play a legit schedule. Not a good data point for your argument.

Bama is not the problem. Vols football has sucked since half time of the 2001 SECCG.

I know because I have seen too many of the loses in person.

I hate ND more than anyone you know. But short of the traditional Navy game, they play a legit schedule. Not a good data point for your argument.

Bama is not the problem. Vols football has sucked since half time of the 2001 SECCG.

I know because I have seen too many of the loses in person.

According to bill connelly Notre dame strength of schedule last year was 61.

Clemson 79

The Vols....SECOND!!!!

Bama was 35.

Georgia had second weakest strength of schedule in the Sec.

According to bill connelly Notre dame strength of schedule last year was 61.

Clemson 79

The Vols....SECOND!!!!

Bama was 35.

Georgia had second weakest strength of schedule in the Sec.

Good recruiting point for us. “Want to play against the best come to UT!”

I guess me saying the same thing 2-3 times already isn't good enough.

There you go everybody, the gator has spoken and the bammer liked it. Get a dawg in here to agree and close the thread.
I gave it a like for the hat-trick! :)

Mornin' Behr! It's a chilly morning in Sarasota!

Reactions: Behr
I gave it a like for the hat-trick! :)

Mornin' Behr! It's a chilly morning in Sarasota!

Mornin. 49 here. I'm loving it though. 90+ and 100% humidity erryday for 7 months is right around the corner. Yay.

The rub seems to be centered around revenue. SEC members want 4 OOC games in order to host more games. Yes, some member schools schedule home & away with P5 opponents. Others schedule neutral site games, but the option remains to fill the schedule with four opponents willing to play one-offs at the host schools. Butts in seats for bucks is of interest to every member school.

So, how to best organize an eight-game schedule for a 14 team conference split into two divisions? A six-plus-rotating-two will provide for every member school to play every other member school at least once within a four-year span. What of traditional cross-divisional rivalries, Auburn-UGA and Tennessee-Alabama? In those years that the SEC doesn't schedule them to play one another, they may elect to use one of their OOC slots to continue their annual rivalries. SEC schedulers could accommodate this, assuring that the rivals have parallel open dates on which to play each other. Any of the other member schools forced into manufactured annual rivalries by the 6-1-1 scheduling who wish to continue meeting annually may elect to utilize an OOC date to do so. Problem solved.

This makes too much sense to ever be adopted by the SEC. I'm sure a few of you will express objections as well.

You're assuming that's what TV wants. It's not. Moving to 9 conference games would eliminate 7 TV games from the schedule for the season. Doesn't matter that most of those would be cake games, the SEC Network sells a per-game package and that's 7 less games that would be a part of it. Less total revenue.

Confused as to how this would eliminate 7 TV games from the schedule. There would be the name number of games. They would just be better games.

It would also lessen the incentive for a second quality non-conference or neutral site game. Think about Georgia or SC that has a permanent ACC rival. Currently, they play an 8-game SEC schedule, 1 game against the ACC and then typically another Power 5 opponent and two cupcakes. Spoiler alert: If one of the four non-SEC games becomes a conference game, it's not going to be a cupcake that's eliminated to make room.

Why do I care if Georgia schedules another good OOC team when they could play a Bama or LSU instead? I'd rather watch an extra conference game as opposed to UGA/WV. If they want to schedule a weak 11th opponent go for it.

For one, I like that Tennessee schedules home & away with P5 schools. Oregon fans found us to be terrific hosts and guests. The entire city of Eugene loved us. They're not alone. We travel well and have a fine reputation. Enlightened P5 schools and their local chambers of commerce want to schedule home & aways with Tennessee.

VN Store

Back