'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

I know it’s not in Pruitt’s character, because the guy is an alpha and is gonna swing for the fences every time, but there was no chance in hell we were getting Eboigbe and Norton was definitely a long shot. I know on the early signing day there was “buzz” around Eboigbe flipping to us, but I don’t buy it. We should’ve just taken Anderson. I guess time will tell, but give me Anderson over any of our bottom 3 ranked commits.

I agree with this...I hope I’m wrong but I’m worried Middleton has JUCO bust written all over him...I think taking him instead of Anderson was a mistake

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I agree with this...I hope I’m wrong but I’m worried Middleton has JUCO bust written all over him...I think taking him instead of Anderson was a mistake
It wasn’t an “instead of”. Middleton is a 3-4 DE. Anderson an edge player. You could say we chose Roman Harrison OVER him...and maybe Crouch. Ok with that.

It wasn’t an “instead of”. Middleton is a 3-4 DE. Anderson an edge player. You could say we chose Roman Harrison OVER him...and maybe Crouch. Ok with that.

He's not an edge player. He's a DE ALL DAY in a 3-4 scheme. Anderson is 6'4 270-280lbs right now.

He's not an edge player. He's a DE ALL DAY in a 3-4 scheme. Anderson is 6'4 270-280lbs right now.
Did Anderson ever camp for the staff. I think that is why we did not try harder, because the staff did not know enough about him. I could be wrong tho.

I’m not sure I see the comparison...Harrison and Crouch are 3-4 LBs...Anderson and Middleton are 3-4 WDE and SDE, respectively...sure they’re likely at different end positions but they’re ends all the same...

If we had let Anderson commit we’d currently have a high 4* EE at a position of need on campus going through spring practice...instead at the same (or at least similar) position we have a JUCO with questionable grades and work ethic who we’re hoping will be here by the summer

I’m not sure I see the comparison...Harrison and Crouch are 3-4 LBs...Anderson and Middleton are 3-4 WDE and SDE, respectively...sure they’re likely at different end positions but they’re ends all the same...

If we had let Anderson commit we’d currently have a high 4* EE at a position of need on campus going through spring practice...instead at the same (or at least similar) position we have a JUCO with questionable grades and work ethic who we’re hoping will be here by the summer
Anderson’s a 4-3 DE. 3-4 OLB. That help? Middleton’s a gamble but we didn’t exactly load up at his position...so it was warranted.

Anderson’s a 4-3 DE. 3-4 OLB. That help? Middleton’s a gamble but we didn’t exactly load up at his position...so it was warranted.

I understand the differences between the positions...I just don’t agree with you that he’s a 4-3 WDE like Darrell Taylor...IMO he’s 4-3 SDE like Kyle Phillips

I understand the differences between the positions...I just don’t agree with you that he’s a 4-3 WDE like Darrell Taylor...IMO he’s 4-3 SDE like Kyle Phillips
Kyle Phillips never had a fit in the 4-3. Showed strides as a 3-4 DE...so I don’t see the comparison. Anderson always seemed smallish but not explosive enough for the jack. Opposite side OLB in the 3-4 but prolly better as either side DE in the 4-3. He picked the right system at SC. Would’ve been lost and recruited over in Knoxville imo.

It’s funny how some get bent out of shape on in state recruiting. I went to 247 looked back starting at 2010.So who is Tennessee missing out on in state that I missed starting at 2010 that went to a different school and is making or made a difference at that school.

2010 - No names stick out
2011 - No names stick out
2012 - Jay Guillermo had a good career at Clemson
2013 - Jalen Ramsey and Corn Elder
2014 - No names stick out
2015 - Van Jefferson(maybe). Ke’Shawn Vaughn had a good year last year.
2016 - Joejuan Williams had a good year and Tyrel Dodson
2017 - Tee Higgins,Jacob Phillips,and Amari Rodgers.
2018 - Cade Mays and Max Wray(maybe)
2019 - Have to wait and see.

Von Bell

He may of lived in TN but played in Georgia not a in state recruit.
He played just across the state line, and only because his Mom worked for that school system. He was a Chattanooga kid all the way and a major whiff

Middleton is more of the player comparison to Joe Anderson than Roman or Crouch. Joe is a 3-4 or 4-3 DE not an edge guy at all.

Reactions: LittleVol
Middleton will play the 3 technique tackle spot and Joe Anderson would have played the end spot which usually lines up heads up on the tackle (4 tech) or outside shade on the tackle (5 tech).

So, ideally Anderson would have some pass rush ability.

Harrison Smith too. But hey anyway there's this kid named Keshawn Lawrence. Probably our biggest want out of the mid-state area. Somebody should really make a thread.
Harrison was always going to ND due to family religious preference. There was no way we could overcome that.

WDE is an OLB in the 3-4. 3-4 DE’s are quicker, longer 4-3 DT’s.

Thats exactly what he was saying...and exactly what I was saying when I compared Anderson to Kyle Phillips...you’re clearly going the route of blatant obtusity just for the sake of being disagreeable...have fun with that

Thats exactly what he was saying...and exactly what I was saying when I compared Anderson to Kyle Phillips...you’re clearly going the route of blatant obtusity just for the sake of being disagreeable...have fun with that
No...I have my own take. And I will. 😎

Kyle Phillips always translated better to a 3-4 DE. Dejauan said he was closer to Kyle Phillips than Darrell Taylor. Don’t necessarily disagree with that. Anderson’s not explosive on that side. So I see him better at the other OLB in the 3-4 and on the strongside DE in the 4-3. Just a fit thing. Derek Barnett didn’t fit the 3-4 either...but was the beast he is in the 4-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back