'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

We've been talking in recent weeks about prospect rankings, and what BS they are; especially Rivals (I have said before, I was done with Rivals the day they TRIED telling me that Trey Smith was a 4*, and the #4 prospect in the state). Well...the 247 composite...

Checking out his rankings history, Henry T peaked during his Jr season at #13 overall (and what I'm assuming was a 5th star(?)); and had fallen to #44 overall by the time he signed. And what did he do to suffer such a tumble (31 spots), you may ask? All he did was go out his Sr season and win Defensive Player of the Year in the entire state of California is all. 🤔 What bullsh*t, is all I can say.

Done with stars and rankings and Rivals and 247 and whatever else...I roll with Pruitt and company. If they want Jarrod Means or Kenny Solomon or Elijah Simmons...or Roman Harrison...I want those guys, as well; damn the stars, damn the rankings...and, Brent Hubbs and Jesse Simonton (Gator, never forget it) and Austin Price and Ryan Callahan and company can continue on grasping at straws in the dark.
I posted this in the To'oto'o thread a couple of days after signing day; felt it was appropriate here and now. The history I am talking about is Henry T's composite; but, his 247 ranking history follows pretty much the same path as his composite. He peaked after his JR yr, and steadily started falling going into his SR yr...a year he won the Defensive Player of the Year in the entire state of California.

I mean, who in their right mind is still worrying about these recruiting rankings?!?! If you are, you're just looking for something to moan and groan about; and yes, I'm well aware that some of you would kill over if you don't have that on a daily basis. But, come on! Did Rivals ranking a kid, WHO DOESN'T EXIST!!!, not do it for you? Did that not show you, all that these guys don't know?

All the quarterbacks ahead of Bailey had better junior seasons from a production standpoint along with most of them being more mobile

Another tidbit from Charles Power

Another tidbit from Charles Power

But did they really? 8 games before injury. The game he got injured in before half he had 170 yds and 3 tds. He averaged over 300 yds a game while his team played the 7th hardest schedule in the country per max preps. No other QB can say that not even there so called number 1 guy!
So how good is he? Well with him on the field they took the number 4 recruited up team in the country SJC out of D.C area to the wire and should have won that game.
Without him they lost in first round of playoffs to a 3-7 team that shouldn’t have been in the playoffs!

So you go figure

He is constantly under pressure in his games, but he moves in the pocket well. He usually steps up and makes the big throws. Watch his film or Keytons and you will see how much pressure he is under. He is so much better than Justin Fields who played about 5 miles over, playing against better competition.

this a million times over....the best qb ive watched in 7a ball here in Georgia the last 4 years...not even close

If i was to have a concern would be the same thing with my nephew...has had injuries a couple years starting. HB with the right mindset has the ability to start as a freshman.

247Sports updated their rankings today.

Bailey fell 71 spots to No. 156 overall.

What the ****

I got jumped on for it...when I said he's reminecent of Keller C.

He's a good QB.
But some of y'all think he's a sure fire 5 STAR that's already underrated as a high 4 star. That's just not the reality Imo...

I would say most of you all are banking on this kid being the QB that turns out fortunes around. I have my doubts...let's just say that.

1) Because Brian Maurer is heck of a prospect.

2) Brian Maurer is going to start as a true freshman. At some point.

He's a good QB.
But some of y'all think he's a sure fire 5 STAR that's already underrated as a high 4 star. That's just not the reality Imo...

I would say most of you all are banking on this kid being the QB that turns out fortunes around. I have my doubts...let's just say that.

You'll keep getting jumped on for it. I have not seen him play, but you're already comparing him to Chryst, before he has even taken snap here. Come on.

Hmm it sounds like it would be good to start a recruiting service that shows the kids stats along with competition and offers. Instead of making them pay for ratings through camps. And just because they dont do an interview with me I should drop them. So if you you guys want to pony up a start up I am open to lead this. Need a job and I actually like recruiting and scouting. Just a thought.

Reactions: swchandler1988
But did they really? 8 games before injury. The game he got injured in before half he had 170 yds and 3 tds. He averaged over 300 yds a game while his team played the 7th hardest schedule in the country per max preps. No other QB can say that not even there so called number 1 guy!
So how good is he? Well with him on the field they took the number 4 recruited up team in the country SJC out of D.C area to the wire and should have won that game.
Without him they lost in first round of playoffs to a 3-7 team that shouldn’t have been in the playoffs!

So you go figure
On top of losing his #1 target Keyton after like the 4th game of the season

He's a good QB.

Maurer is decent but come on lets stop pretending he's a elite talent. His conference he competed in was subpar, and he finally put together a nice season his senior year. I like him, but to pretend he is a capable of holding off a kid like Bailey who is only a year behind him is laughable. Chryst had a noodle arm, Bailey can fit any pass anywhere on the field. They are the same size and thats where the comparison starts and ends

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
It’s a fools errand to DECLARE anything for certain for ANY of these kids. Whether we’re patient or not, the coaches will evaluate them on an even platform and judge accordingly. This includes JG and Shrout.

He's a good QB.

You dont think Bailey is a heck of a prospect? Which QB plays the much tougher competition? Which QB has the much better offer list? I like Maurer but if you dont think Bailey is not a sure fire 5* then you are crazy. The dude is absolutely legit.

Oh and the only way Maurer starts this year imo, is if JG and Shrout get injured.

You dont think Bailey is a heck of a prospect? Which QB plays the much tougher competition? Which QB has the much better offer list? I like Maurer but if you dont think Bailey is not a sure fire 5* then you are crazy. The dude is absolutely legit.

Oh and the only way Maurer starts this year imo, is if JG and Shrout get injured.

Respectfully, BOT, I do not think he is a 5 star. And...I think he's maxed out in a lot of areas.
His throwing mechanics don't utilize his size well enough. Kind of a low trajectory...
He looks like he should be able to throw it 70 yards, but his arm is just "good".

He can read defenses, has good accuracy.

Maurer is tapping into his talent at the right time and under the right guidance. Chaney will turn him into a stud these next 8 months.

How about we visit this thread 6 more weeks? Spring ball will be concluding and we should know a lot more about Maurer, with SEC Wrs to throw too.

Respectfully, BOT, I do not think he is a 5 star. And...I think he's maxed out in a lot of areas.
His throwing mechanics don't utilize his size well enough. Kind of a low trajectory...
He looks like he should be able to throw it 70 yards, but his arm is just "good".

Maurer is tapping into his talent at the right time and under the right guidance. Chaney will turn him into a stud these next 8 months.

How about we visit this thread 6 more weeks? Spring ball will be concluding and we should know a lot more about Maurer, with SEC Wrs to throw too.

Well great because he can throw the ball 70 yards case settled😎

His arm isn’t just good. He made a throw his FR year against Wheeler down the sideline that I have never seen any other QB in GA do, and I have been going to high school games pretty much every week for 35 years. He was probably 14 at the time. Come watch him in person and don’t listen to the scouting reports. He is one of the most talented QBs the state has ever produced.

He's a good QB.

Well no wonder you got jumped for it, because I think it's a pretty dumb take too. At least regarding Bailey.

He's a good QB.

🤦🏼‍♂️

it's February.

Reactions: drvenner

VN Store

Back