Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have thought about Dean Lockwood and how he would do as the head coach. I have been on both sides of the fence....head coach and assistant coach. As the head coach I tried to get my assistants involved in every phase of the program. I had a defensive coordinator and a special team coordinator. The defensive coach call out the defense he wanted and put in his philosophy as far as guarding the post, how we were going to handle ball-screen action, etc. The special teams coordinator called out of bounds plays, side out of bounds and any set off FT's they wanted to and I, as the head coach called the offensive plays. Not every head coach is comfortable doing that. Most coaches like to micro manage instead of allowing assistants to do their job. One thing you have to keep in mind, alot of coaches want "YES" men /women. When I was an assistant, what I suggested to the coach and what I really wanted to say were 2 totally different things. I said what I thought he wanted to hear instead of if I was the head coach what I would have done. I would suggest a simple solution and he would say we can't do that but we would have 5 different ways to handle a ball screen for one game.
If I was the AD and was really considering him for the job I would go to practice and see how he coaches/works/interacts with his position group and team, check on his recruiting abilities, and sit him down when the time comes and ask him what a Dean Lockwood coached team would look like. You might be surprised how different assistant coaches would be when they get the reigns of their own team.
I know if I was a VP at a company and applying for a job and I would not want to be judged on the way the President runs the company if things were not going well. I am not for or against, just throwing in my 2 cents.

If I do a crappy job at my work, I will eventually get fired for failing to meet expectations year after year. Why, pray tell, should Holly get a promotion and a raise because she has done a crappy job and failed to meet expectations year after year? The LVs should be in the E8 or at least the S16 every single year, without fail. Holly should be fired and we should bring in someone that can get the job done. Plain and simple.

Sorry if I @'ed you. I just get ticked off, when, in this country, we feel like we can't fire someone because of who or what they are.

Don't @ me snowflakes.
Ashevolle is confused by this post

Reactions: Glitch
If I do a crappy job at my work, I will eventually get fired for failing to meet expectations year after year. Why, pray tell, should Holly get a promotion and a raise because she has done a crappy job and failed to meet expectations year after year? The LVs should be in the E8 or at least the S16 every single year, without fail. Holly should be fired and we should bring in someone that can get the job done. Plain and simple.

Sorry if I @'ed you. I just get ticked off, when, in this country, we feel like we can't fire someone because of who or what they are.

Don't @ me snowflakes.
The Peter Principle

Nothing like eating Mexican in Jackson

giphy.gif
???

Don't @ me snowflakes.

Getting fired for poor performance is extremely rare. You have to really give a lousy effort to be fired. Holly is trying her best, and she truly cares about the team and the legacy. I think we should continue to support her.

Getting fired for poor performance is extremely rare. You have to really give a lousy effort to be fired. Holly is trying her best, and she truly cares about the team and the legacy. I think we should continue to support her.

Has to be trolling because this may be the worst logic I have ever seen.

city of Knoxville needs to do something about the pot holes on I 40 ASAP.

that's freaking ridiculous......i've been on smoother gravel roads.

Must be in cahoots with the tire suppliers. lol. Dozens of blown tires daily on I-40 due to it according to a close friend that works in TDOT's emergency response department.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Do you think that’s fair though?...I mean holly is the head coach.

Dean works with the players at practice and we continue to see poor fundamentals, poor play and an underachieving team of AAs. The players change, but the problems remain. The common denominator-- Holly and Dean. If Dean has the answer, he isn't sharing it.

Good for you.But Harlanites are not your typical locals. My brother is a special agent for the ATF and told me about 10 years ago that Harlan was the one of the last lawless cities left in America. 😀😀
I've said it here before...Harlan county, and pretty much all of eastern Kentucky for that matter, is a strage mix of Mayberry and Deliveranceville. It really is a fascinating place.

And he is right, but as the population decreases it is helping Law Enforcement cover things better, but still, to give a better idea of the problem, Harlan county is about 50 miles long and 20ish miles wide and completely mountainous, and honeycombed with innumerable hollers, and the mountains themselves are unoccupied forestland, crisscrossed with thousands of old mine and logging roads. Everybody lives piled up in these steep sided valleys going to the mountain crests, or as they are called "hollers", the widest of them are less than a half mile at the most. There are 25,000ish people living here, and roughly 50-60% do not have jobs according to a local chamber of commerce guy...so you have all the problems associated with poverty.

And on any given day there are only 5 assigned state troopers, and 2 sherrifs deputies to cover all that area..

Reactions: T Dog

Don't @ me snowflakes.

@Glitch

We need Harlan stories
A few years ago, the mayor of Evarts was tortured to death by 3 druggies trying to extract the combination to his home safe from him...They thought, as was heavily rumored, that the guy (also a slumlord who rented property all over the county) kept his millions in his home safe because, as was heavily rumored, he did not trust the banks, and was hiding the true amount of his wealth from the IRS...

After burning his feet with a blowtorch, amongst other gruesone tortures, he gave them his combination, and upon finding only 40,000$ they promptly beat the man to death.

This was told me by two clients, one the former mayors sister, and the best friend of the guy behind the attack.

I don't know the details of how they were caught.

A few years ago, the mayor of Evarts was tortured to death by 3 druggies trying to extract the combination to his home safe from him...They thought, as was heavily rumored, that the guy (also a slumlord who rented property all over the county) kept his millions in his home safe because, as was heavily rumored, he did not trust the banks, and was hiding the true amount of his wealth from the IRS...

After burning his feet with a blowtorch, amongst other gruesone tortures, he gave them his combination, and upon finding only 40,000$ they promptly beat the man to death.

This was told me by two clients, one the former mayors sister, and the best friend of the guy behind the attack.

I don't know the details of how they were caught.
Drugs should be legalized so druggies have a legal reason to do this?

The cow thing is the stupidest thing the eco-nuts talk about. Billions of animals in the cow family have walked the face of this earth..just fartin in the wind..but now it's a problem...idiots.

And I consider myself a conservationist.
This look at the relative amounts of methane released from cows vs volcanos and other natural vents. Cow farts are not an issue

I need some good recommendations for dinner in Nashville or surrounding areas. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: This weekend is my anniversary and looking for something nice.

Don't @ me snowflakes.

You're better than this Glitch.

So do you kick every soldier out who failed to do a job well, or do you try to find one they can do better? If they also happened to be a solid soldier who characterized what it meant to serve your country, but just couldn't handle XYZ, would you try to help them succeed even more so?

Holly is a failed head coach. She was also a successful player, assistant coach, and representative of UT. We shouldn't do to her what it took two decades to fix after what was done to Fulmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back