Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snopes is wrong. My son knew exactly who momo was when we asked. He had not seen the "task" video but did see it pop up in a roblox video and stopped it.

And for those who have kids who watch YT kids and didn't know they did add a restricted mode a few months ago that locks it to only let them see what you want. You can pick the channels and or videos that you are ok with and they cant only see that content and unable to search or be recommended similar.
YT pays people for views, they need to be careful here because it could end in a lawsuit if they are allowing suicide instructions on a kids app. If I were them, I'd take a very aggressive emphasis on this and make it very public like Apple does with their apps for the iPhone and iPad.

If I was apple, I might review the approval status of YT until it's fixed. I dont care what's available on the internet as a whole but if you design and market something for children and it possesses inappropriate material, you need to be held accountable.

Are you saying there are actual LV supporters that want Holly to stay, and will be upset if she is moved?

Thanks for the information. Do you know how many LV movers and shakers (if that's the right term) still believe in Holly? I just don't see how anyone with half a brain believes she can turn it around.

She still has some support among older fans and long-time ticket holders. Some former players and coaches are loyal, too. Support has dwindled significantly, but Fulmer is in an uncomfortable spot.

Reactions: OrangenSC
YT pays people for views, they need to be careful here because it could end in a lawsuit if they are allowing suicide instructions on a kids app. If I were them, I'd take a very aggressive emphasis on this and make it very public like Apple does with their apps for the iPhone and iPad.

If I was apple, I might review the approval status of YT until it's fixed. I dont care what's available on the internet as a whole but if you design and market something for children and it possesses inappropriate material, you need to be held accountable.
Deleted the YouTube app on my daughter's iPad a few days before this came out because my wife heard something about this (she works in an elementary school)

tenor.gif

Reported☺️😂

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yes. It does. We arent winning out. Id like a 2 seed. The more the teams in front of us lose the better.
We will have at least a #2..We need to worry about the team regaining their chemistry at this point for the tournament run. That is really all that matters.

Does anybody remember that Villanova lost 10 games:and lost to Georgetown twice the year they beat Georgetown in the finals?

Does anybody besides us remember that we beat UF twice that one year they won it all?

NOPE...

I just want them to get their act together. This is not a bad time for this slump to happen...the tournament is.

I’m amazed at how many of your kids have iPads.

My oldest daughter has to have one for school. All of her books are digital. It stays in a drawer in the kitchen. None of our kids are allowed to be on electronic devices anywhere except the kitchen or living room unless my wife or I are with them. There is so much filth and overall horrible crap on the internet.

Here is an example:
The University of Alabama

Halfway kidding with the link, but there truly is a plethora of filth on the internet.

We will have at least a #2..We need to worry about the team regaining their chemistry at this point for the tournament run. That is really all that matters.

Does anybody remember that Villanova lost 10 games:and lost to Georgetown twice the year they beat Georgetown in the finals?

Does anybody besides us remember that we beat UF twice that one year they won it all?

NOPE...

I just want them to get their act together. This is not a bad time for this slump to happen...the tournament is.
I agree all teams go thru the ups and downs during a season. I am glad ours is happening now and not in a couple of more weeks. Our guys will be ok .

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
She still has some support among older fans and long-time ticket holders. Some former players and coaches are loyal, too. Support has dwindled significantly, but Fulmer is in an uncomfortable spot.

Agree with what you posted and the situation, however, Phil wanted the AD job. The buck needs to stop at his office. He has to do what is right for UT. Was his hiring and the firing of Majors the right thing to do at the time? He can't play both sides unless he agrees he should not have been named HC at that time. Majors was even building the program up when fired, unlike Holly who is destroying it.

If LV donors or former players go away because of it then they are not really fans of the program. I would imagine they would return when winning is prioritized again.

We just need to improve our on ball defense and hold our own on the boards.We are not the most talented team but I fear playing no one either.
We are a very talented team, but like I said before the season, we have obvious flaws also. When the very good talent we do have complements each other well, we are as good as anybody in the country...anybody, but when the talent we have gets discombobulated, when people play to their weakness, instead of their strengths...we look a little rough.

Ultimately I think we have a much better team than I personally thought before the season. I believe we can beat anybody, and when we are playing our game, we will be a tough out for anybody given fair officiating.

I hope that the kinks get worked out, and we lay a whuppin on UK at home. would be an excellent place to start turning it around.

Reactions: tn4elvis
We are a very talented team, but like I said before the season, we have obvious flaws also. When the very good talent we do have complements each other well, we are as good as anybody in the country...anybody, but when the talent we have gets discombobulated, when people play to their weakness, instead of their strengths...we look a little rough.

Ultimately I think we have a much better team than I personally thought before the season. I believe we can beat anybody, and when we are playing our game, we will be a tough out for anybody given fair officiating.

I hope that the kinks get worked out, and we lay a whuppin on UK at home. would be an excellent place to start turning it around.
Be careful they might lynch you up in Harlan for saying that. 😁😁😀😀

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So you think Jay Graham was a contingency plan if someone left?
I think it's possible. There was quite a bit of smoke out there, even VQ mods talked about JG as a possibility if more movement occurred. My guess is that David Johnson didn't get the job he wanted (LSU) and preferred to stay in Knoxville, and Pruitt didn't want to fire him, so JG didn't have a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back