The Golf Thread

Only after "backlash." Brah, you won nearly $1.3 mil, 10% ain't a thing*

*I get they had an agreement for up to Top 10, probably should have added something for a win. But why be a d*** and go uber cheap besides being an a**?

Kuchar to apologize to caddie, pay him full $50K
Agree .......
Its not the first time I’ve heard about his “stinginess.” First time it’s gone public.

images

Craziness. At least he's paying the 50k now.

Finally dried out enough here to get a decent round in, still a bit mushy in places but overall not too bad considering the rainfall we had this month. I love 60+ degree days in February ! Game and swing need work, probably should have spent a couple of hours on the range before, but was itching to play. Whole foursome was in agreement, fall out of the car and tee it up.

Hit balls today and had to hit off a mat on the driving range. First swing, I stuck it in the ground and it felt like my right wrist was going to explode. Man, I hate those things.

I would rather not hit than hit off a mat. The range I usually go to has Zoysia for turfgrass, and they put down sand during the year. Even when it's dormant, it doesn't get muddy. The root system is really dense. Another one I go to has Bermuda, but they overseed with rye in the Winter. It gets really soft, mushy, and muddy when it rains like it has lately. I hate hitting one fat off that, and splatter mud in my eyes.

I would rather not hit than hit off a mat. The range I usually go to has Zoysia for turfgrass, and they put down sand during the year. Even when it's dormant, it doesn't get muddy. The root system is really dense. Another one I go to has Bermuda, but they overseed with rye in the Winter. It gets really soft, mushy, and muddy when it rains like it has lately. I hate hitting one fat off that, and splatter mud in my eyes.
Zoysia range......don’t see many of those. Gets beat up and doesn’t recover as quickly. Love hitting long irons and fairway woods off it. Hate hitting short irons though.

Zoysia range......don’t see many of those. Gets beat up and doesn’t recover as quickly. Love hitting long irons and fairway woods off it. Hate hitting short irons though.
It's at The Crossings, near Jonesboro. They have 2 levels of tees that they rotate , and each is probably 18-20 feet front to back, and 150-175 feet across. Plenty of room, and not a lot of use.

Reactions: peaygolf
I catch flyers like a mofo off zoysia.

The “rules of golf” are getting ridiculous. Alex Cejka dq’d for his “greens book” being too big.

I saw that. The new drop is stupid, the flagstick in looks stupid.........
I don't know why they don't just eliminate the drop and allow the ball to be placed.

And the flag thing is just goofy. I get eliminating the penalty. I don't get leaving the stick in from 10 feet.

I saw that. The new drop is stupid, the flagstick in looks stupid.........
I don't know why they don't just eliminate the drop and allow the ball to be placed.

And the flag thing is just goofy. I get eliminating the penalty. I don't get leaving the stick in from 10 feet.
It is hard to get used to, but keeping the stick in does help (allowed until the 50’s) The drop from the knees is just stupid. They were going to allow you to drop from just inches originally.

Thank goodness the OB rule isn’t used on tour. They should ban the “greens books” as well.

VN Store

Back