Former Vols in the AAF

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Did anyone watch this over the weekend?

Pig Howard (Memphis) caught four passes for 33 yards and ran it once for four yards.

Rajion Neal (Memphis) had three carries for four yards and caught three passes for 12 yards.

Corey Vereen (Memphis) played had three tackles and two qb hits.

Montori Hughes (Memphis) had one tackle.

Dallas Thomas started at right guard for Memphis.

Colton Jumper (Memphis) and Justin Martin (Memphis) apparently played but did not record any stats.

Matt Sims was 15-28 for 126 yards for Atlanta.

Last edited:
I missed the football this past weekend but I plan to watch in the future. Glad to see these young men get an opportunity to play.

There should be some pretty good football in this league.

Alot of talented guys out there who, for whatever reason, did not make it to the NFL.

Plus they were smart NOT to try and compete for time against the NFL or College!

Pig Howard (Memphis) caught four passes for 33 yards and ran it once for four yards.

Rajion Neal (Memphis) had three carries for four yards and caught three passes for 12 yards.

Colton Jumper (Memphis) and Justin Martin (Memphis) apparently played but did not record any stats.

And he's lucky he's not dead. Did you see some of the shots he took? I think he was only sacked 3 times, but man he got hit a ton!

Alot of talented guys out there who, for whatever reason, did not make it to the NFL.

Plus they were smart NOT to try and compete for time against the NFL or College!

I did not see many talented guys out there. Logan Woodside and Matt Simms are not talented guys. Neither were good enough to hold down starting jobs for Power 5 college teams.

Comparisons to the NFL are not warranted. My question is this: Are they even good enough for Power 5 college football? I'd take Clemson or Alabama and give you 7 pts against what I saw on the field last weekend

One of Vereen’s qb hits was flat out nasty, he straight up laid the wood to the bham qb. Pig Howard looked good as well, you can definitely tell he’s packed on some size and muscle to his frame. Vereen stood out to me the most though.

Reactions: OneVolNation

reason is they weren't talented enough. :D

Atlanta is garbage...

Reactions: UTwild82
I did not see many talented guys out there. Logan Woodside and Matt Simms are not talented guys. Neither were good enough to hold down starting jobs for Power 5 college teams.

Comparisons to the NFL are not warranted. My question is this: Are they even good enough for Power 5 college football? I'd take Clemson or Alabama and give you 7 pts against what I saw on the field last weekend
They had only about 2 or 3 months of practice time as a team. Most teams will look better as the season progresses. There is some talent out there. The Birmingham QB is good, and it appears that Arizona has a good team as well.

Reactions: norrislakevol
They had only about 2 or 3 months of practice time as a team. Most teams will look better as the season progresses. There is some talent out there. The Birmingham QB is good, and it appears that Arizona has a good team as well.

I'll check back on 'em as the yr progresses but it's the athleticism that's inferior to what we see in the SEC, let alone the NFL.

VN Store

Back