2019 Projected S&P, Vols #21

I know everyone is going to say "POST SEASON RANKINGS" are all I care about, etc but hey, its the offseason and hope springs eternal (or at least still Sept). Considering our absolutely historically horrible last 2 years, the idea that we are ranked #21 is a very cheering sign that Pruitt has us going in the right direction.

Yikes, SCAR #18 & Miss St #10? 2019 schedule looking harder & harder. 5 of our opponents are in the Top 25.

I like where I think we're headed. Long story short, a friend and I were talking yesterday and he asked me if I would trade situations with USCw. Then several others. I wouldn't. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it looks promising from my eyes.

My eyes second that motion. I’m anxious to see what the team identity is in 2019 since Most of the team has been with Pruitt for over a year now. You gotta think we see a nasty group of guys out on the field this year!

Reactions: Behr
The bad part is we play 6 total teams ranked ahead of us, #1 and #2 overall, plus 2 more of the Top 10. That's life in the SEC though.

I like where I think we're headed. Long story short, a friend and I were talking yesterday and he asked me if I would trade situations with USCw. Then several others. I wouldn't. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it looks promising from my eyes.

Thank you, I feel better knowing that. Go Vols!!

I know I promised to behave in 2019 but I couldn't help myself...OK starting now, I'll behave.

I don't think we'll be 21, probably more like 35-40. Hope I'm wrong and we're in the top 10. Either way, I'll be supporting the program. Go Vols!

Reactions: Catbone
The S&P Rankings are purely talent based. These do not take schedule (nor recruiting class attrition) into account.

Reactions: Nashvol2
Its usual offseason stuff that comes out but hey,at least we aren't in the bottom half now. Gotta crawl before we can walk with the hole we've been in. It's not where we want to be(for now) but it will better.

The S&P Rankings are purely talent based. These do not take schedule (nor recruiting class attrition) into account.
Pardon me, but considering we were No. 79 in the same rankings last year, I'll take this No. 21 ranking as a positive sign. I also think there is a good chance we end up 6-6 as this ranking projects. Hopefully a little better.

VN Store

Back