Is Ansley the best DB coach in the country?

Doesn't need to be as long as we have Pruitt. Just being a pretty good DB coach is sufficient, but we really need him to be as good a recruiter as advertised. I don't follow things as I used to and I don't really remember him when he was at UT last time. Based on other comments, it appears he's pretty decent at recruiting, too?

Reactions: SCRocket
Doesn't need to be as long as we have Pruitt. Just being a pretty good DB coach is sufficient, but we really need him to be as good a recruiter as advertised. I don't follow things as I used to and I don't really remember him when he was at UT last time. Based on other comments, it appears he's pretty decent at recruiting, too?
He was the number 15 recruiter of the year (#4 SEC) his last year in college - 2017. But being in the NFL usually lifts even previously high recruiting chops. Recruits love NFL ties.

Also, heavily praised by coaches as a DB coach. Should be an outstanding hire.

Haha, so true.

And I don't think we're a dumpster fire right now, a dumpster fire is like really bad, come on. I think we're still smoking and there are some hot coals on the very bottom and if its not carefully watched it could flare back up, but IMO, the fire is out.

We have the big question obviously - Pruitt's in game head coaching decisions.
Everything else has me impressed.
1. The staff being assembled is crazy good.
2. The players being brought in (entirety) are a different level than what we've seen in a long time.
3. The cohesion in the entire athletic department is clicking liking clockwork.
4. The fb program is being invested in financially at a pace we've been missing for years.

We have the best opportunity in a really long time to turn this around. Really need Pruitt to answer that final but huge question mark.
Need signs this coming season of the answer and our new top notch talent to show out in 2020. 🤞

We have the big question obviously - Pruitt's in game head coaching decisions.
Everything else has me impressed.
1. The staff being assembled is crazy good.
2. The players being brought in (entirety) are a different level than what we've seen in a long time.
3. The cohesion in the entire athletic department is clicking liking clockwork.
4. The fb program is being invested in financially at a pace we've been missing for years.

We have the best opportunity in a really long time to turn this around. Really need Pruitt to answer that final but huge question mark.
Need signs this coming season of the answer and our new top notch talent to show out in 2020. 🤞
Please give some examples of the ones you question the most...

Reactions: SCRocket
He’s just being realistic. We’ve been disappointed so many times you can’t live in fairy land like some do.

I don't live in fairy land, never even visited, and I'm not sure what is going to happen next year or the next, but i do think things are headed in the right direction. And if some don't want to see that they can stay in idiot land. Or where every they stay.

Corey Raymond

Are we talking combo teaching/recruiting or which parameter?

I think Raymond fills both those, seems like he gets one 5 star each year, Ansley has never snagged one, but think he is very solid at both. New UF coach would be on my list, Torrian Gray recruited at elite level at VT and coached them up. Very good hire by them.

Measure of a great coach is he is great at every stop. Did this thread exist asking this question when Ansley was the DB coach at TN before, anyone remember who he recruited to TN the first time around?

That said, think he did a great job at Ky, and think the recruiting dynamics at TN have changed since his first stop in Knoxville, wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him get his first 5 star this year, actually kind of expect it. Definitely a homerun hire, not sure I’d put him as the best yet.

Ok I heard that his salary will be $1 million... did I make that up(which there is a good chance) how much is our defensive coordinator being paid?? Why would he go from the NFL to college for the same job? He could have gotten any job in the NFL if he wanted to leave Oakland. Anyone with the inside scoop. I love CJP but come one did he have blackmail pictures or something. I also love the vols, but I would think if he had a chance to go to bama to win another natty he would.

Ok I heard that his salary will be $1 million... did I make that up(which there is a good chance) how much is our defensive coordinator being paid?? Why would he go from the NFL to college for the same job? He could have gotten any job in the NFL if he wanted to leave Oakland. Anyone with the inside scoop. I love CJP but come one did he have blackmail pictures or something. I also love the vols, but I would think if he had a chance to go to bama to win another natty he would.
Appears he tried the NFL and realized he preferred college football. Little difference in money these days.

Anybody hear any rumors about why Ansley left Oakland? Was it strictly money, didn't enjoy working for Gruden or wanted to get back into college coaching?

1) $1m a year
2) Cost of living is a fraction of the bay area, so it's like he's getting 5 years worth of pay.

Haha, so true.

And I don't think we're a dumpster fire right now, a dumpster fire is like really bad, come on. I think we're still smoking and there are some hot coals on the very bottom and if its not carefully watched it could flare back up, but IMO, the fire is out.
Makes no sense. Where there is smoke (and especially hot coals) there is fire.

1) $1m a year
2) Cost of living is a fraction of the bay area, so it's like he's getting 5 years worth of pay.
I was about to say cost of living is very steep on the west coast in comparison to here.

I think there's definitely a preference for the college game for some coaches. Maybe he realized that's what he preferred as well.

I was about to say cost of living is very steep on the west coast in comparison to here.

I think there's definitely a preference for the college game for some coaches. Maybe he realized that's what he preferred as well.

So I used my work's salary calculator for funsies to look into this. Filing married, but no allowances or dependents, no 401k or health plan (so this is basic), his take home pay on $1,000,000 a year in California would be about $466,944. At a Gross pay of approximately $38,461 a paycheck, he would be paying $19,002 in taxes between fed tax, state tax, fica, medicare, and sdi. Very oversimplified, but still... ouch. For the record it would be about $4,000 in state taxes a paycheck.

So I used my work's salary calculator for funsies to look into this. Filing married, but no allowances or dependents, no 401k or health plan (so this is basic), his take home pay on $1,000,000 a year in California would be about $466,944. At a Gross pay of approximately $38,461 a paycheck, he would be paying $19,002 in taxes between fed tax, state tax, fica, medicare, and sdi. Very oversimplified, but still... ouch. For the record it would be about $4,000 in state taxes a paycheck.
Ouch is right. Add in real estate cost there and that's painful.

VN Store

Back