2019 O-Line Depth Chart

Helton1

A bit early, but what are your projections on the offensive line for the 2 deep in 2019?

Reactions: pjof
LT- Tatum, Morris
LG- Jahmir Johnson, Locklear
C- Kennedy, Ry. Johnson
RG- Carvin, Lampley
RT- Neihaus , Wright

While I think several of the freshmen will see some playing time, i don’t think they are day 1 starters. Morris could take RT if he shows out but with Wright not being an EE and not appearing to be in as good of shape as Morris coming in I see him getting in 4 games and redshirting. Lampley comes from a high school with a strong support program so I expect him to be more game ready even though he is a summer enrollee. McBride and Akporoghene are gonna be good but need more development.

Wright, Smith/Carvin, Kennedy, J Johnson, Morris
Tatum, Carvin/Calbert, R Johnson, Locklear, Niehaus

im basing that off Pruitt’s recent open-ended statements about Trey and the lack of any other indication that he will not play. I have no idea if he will or won’t.

LT- Tatum, Morris
C- Kennedy, Ry. Johnson
RG- Carvin, Lampley
RT- Neihaus , Wright

While I think several of the freshmen will see some playing time, i don’t think they are day 1 starters. Morris could take RT if he shows out but with Wright not being an EE and not appearing to be in as good of shape as Morris coming in I see him getting in 4 games and redshirting. Lampley comes from a high school with a strong support program so I expect him to be more game ready even though he is a summer enrollee. McBride and Akporoghene are gonna be good but need more development.

I think Wright maybe needs to play LT.

Reactions: ScooterVol1
I imagine most everyone agrees with Johnson LG, Kennedy C, and Carvin RG. Who plays tackle all depends on when Wright and Morris are ready. I expect they will start at tackle most if not all of the season. Don't know why but I feel like Wright will be LT. Like to see Lampley and Akporoghene work their way into back ups at C and G by mid-season.

I hope these boys put on some "smart" weight and a mean attitude. The OL has to be the baddest dudes on the field.......its a law somewhere. I would hate to be the center on controversy, OL needs some redemption, they need a mantra "This is our turf!" or "We are the WALL" or "We just M E A N" or "Excuse me, is that my cleat in your FACE!" or "Let me have you lunch money"

I'm done..........I think you'all get the drift.

I imagine most everyone agrees with Johnson LG, Kennedy C, and Carvin RG. Who plays tackle all depends on when Wright and Morris are ready. I expect they will start at tackle most if not all of the season. Don't know why but I feel like Wright will be LT. Like to see Lampley and Akporoghene work their way into back ups at C and G by mid-season.
Yeah I think if Morris starts since is EE. It’s clear LY line won’t cut it. Wright in shape, there’s a good chance he’s in the rotation if not starting, and would expect starting by the time UF rolls around. Also really think Akporoghne size can’t be ignored and think probable that he and all the OL signees are in the 2 deep rotation. We better, cause if not, we’ve got problems. Having Kennedy healthy for spring would be a huge plus

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
LT- Tatum, Morris
C- Ry. Johnson, Kennedy
RG- Kennedy, Carvin, Lampley
RT- Wright, Neihaus

I think Wright or Morris will start but not both so probably Wright. Could be at either tackle. Morris could play inside to start his career.

I think they'll keep Ryan Johnson at C. He got progressively better and was probably the best OL at the end of the season. I hope Tatum gains some power and weight and locks down one of the OT spots.

I would shake this line up....

OT - Jahmir Johnson/ Wayne Morris
OG - Trey Smith/ Carvin/ Calbert
C - Kennedy/ Ryan Johnson
OG - Carvin/ Locklear
OT - Darnell Wright/ Tatum

I think this nailed it right here...it’s a dang travesty that Smith is likely done though...I also think Lane could get in there at guard

Has it occurred to anyone that most of our projections have a starting 5 devoid of butch jones recruits?

Reactions: Ratvol
I’m telling you...I expect a massive improvement in this group this year...between adding mass/strength, being properly coached and the influx of talent...I’m expecting nothing less than average SEC level play and potentially better than that

Reactions: jlawso21
We're not going to recognize the OL/DL going into this Fall based on the improvement in strength and conditioning that's being discussed. We can only hope that translates into victories in the trenches and on the scoreboard!

Reactions: Ratvol and TJVol95
LT- Tatum, Morris
C- Ry. Johnson, Kennedy
RG- Kennedy, Carvin, Lampley
RT- Wright, Neihaus

I think Wright or Morris will start but not both so probably Wright. Could be at either tackle. Morris could play inside to start his career.

I think they'll keep Ryan Johnson at C. He got progressively better and was probably the best OL at the end of the season. I hope Tatum gains some power and weight and locks down one of the OT spots.
I don’t agree about Johnson but I assume he will get bigger and stronger by August.

img_2928.jpg

VN Store

Back