GOP pushes for 'phase two' of tax cuts

It’s almost like Cuomo is saying it’s not good that a small amount of rich folks are responsible for paying half of the taxes.

It’s almost like Cuomo is saying it’s not good that a small amount of rich folks are responsible for paying half of the taxes.
SALT actually negatively impacted me also. I lost $6k in deductions due to SALT. I’m still net positive for effective tax rate by a few thousand though. Just filed my taxes yesterday.

But I live in TX, not a state with a whacked out taxation level that prior to 2018 got a 100% pass on that ridiculous taxation.

TX now has a budget surplus (its projected to bring in an extra $2.9B I believe). A big reason why? Property tax revenue. NOTE property tax levels are not changed, but valuations are totally out of whack due to an influx of tax refugees driving valuations up. It’s freaking comical. These idiots are literally screwing things up by moving here and using their skewed property valuations history forcing the locals to pay more taxes. And the state is seeing a windfall without lifting a finger! 😂

Last edited:
Are taxes the only variable that affects business spending?

Maybe a strong economy should increase business spending or maybe even a shrinking pool of unemployed would lead to paying more for top talent. Surely some of those nationalistic policies contributed. I mean if a farmer can't sell his grains to a foreign country, that might make that farmer not invest in a new tractor. Surely some uneasiness about the lack of trade deals is a factor.

What would you like to focus on?

So back on that tax cut thingie. Our compensation package for the year came out. My variable pay for last year was the largest dollar amount and percentage it’s ever been. By a big margin. The rumor mill has it tied to our company tax break along with the engineer market in general. So if we’re doing it I’m sure everybody in the def contracting segment is doing it. These companies don’t go lone wolf on compensation.

So yes thank you very much Mr President. The tax breaks are working just fine.

So back on that tax cut thingie. Our compensation package for the year came out. My variable pay for last year was the largest dollar amount and percentage it’s ever been. By a big margin. The rumor mill has it tied to our tax break along with the engineer market in general. So if we’re doing it I’m sure everybody in the def contracting segment is doing it. These companies don’t go lone wolf on compensation.

So yes thank you very much Mr President. The tax breaks are working just fine.
But..was your tax refund smaller? Because obviously if it was it means Trump and the rich bazillionaires got the tax breaks and not you!

But..was your tax refund smaller? Because obviously if it was it means Trump and the rich bazillionaires got the tax breaks and not you!
Lol I was gonna type a sarcastic reply poking at this idiot “my refund is smaller!” logic but instead I’ll just give a few 🤣🤣🤣

VN Store

Back