GOP pushes for 'phase two' of tax cuts

I just checked......I got a $4k reduction in taxes withheld. We'll see how that translates to the return.

Didn't make enough to have that much reduction in withholdings. All three jobs 10K less than what I was making 2 years ago before layoff.

I am not really a day trader per se, but I am a high volume options trader. I don't day trade because I don't have access to the high speed internet you really need to be effective at it, and with my schedule I am gone for long stretches of time so I can't monitor things like I would need. I made about 1/4 of my W2 income last year on trading, which would have been much better had it not been for the Q4 bloodbath. Up thru September, the market was fantastic. October and on was apocalyptic.

Gee, I wonder why?

Hey, tell her everyone gets to be equal.....let her do her taxes and you do yours.....split the deductions based on % earned.......oh wait, that won't work will it.....damn dude, your are f'd.

I'll pass on that one. You try it.

I'll pass on that one. You try it.
Mine is a bigger conservative than I am. She used to watch the news religiously, CNN and Fox. She won't turn it on now. If you ever see GoVolGal posting on here, stay away, stay far away.

Reactions: GVF
The only reason that s**t exists (student loans for $100k degrees in lesbian dance theory) is because the whole racket is backstopped by the federal government.

If you want to spend your own money, or mommy and daddy's money, to study something that impractical that's one thing. If you borrow money to do it, well then that's next level stupid. And there's an entire edifice (school administrators, teachers, parents, banks, etc.) encouraging people to do this. Someone like Elizabeth Warren likes to rail on the banks for "suckering" people into this debt, wants to ban them from college campuses, but the only reason they are even there is because they whole charade is backed by the feds, which she says precisely nothing about. That's because to her banks are evil, and the government is good and can solve all problems (at least that's the trope she's pushing). The reality is that she wants the scam to continue, or believes that it isn't a scam, and can take shots at big bad evil banks in the process to score political points.
We can preach that until the cows return to Capistrano and the leftists won't get it. Kamla is running on the free college thing. I can't wait to see the garbage degrees that get created in her second year.

It's sad the contempt that is displayed by a few members of means for those who have less.
Nobody here has any contempt for people who try, but are dealt a sh!tty hand. I think the only contempt is for lazy, able bodied people that could do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaybird_1981
Maybe I could climb back up and not need to ask for help if I wasn't teetering on the edge of bankruptcy from gottdammed medical debt I roll up just so I can stay alive and feed my family.

I'm currently fighting through my third staph infection in two years in my leg. I don't qualify for disability. I owe over seven thousand dollars after discount and insurance. I'm not eligible to have my second leg amputated. This is leftover from winning my battle with septic shock in 2013. And because of something I can't control and limits y ability to function and save away at a 60 hour a week job, I take it on the chin for being a societal leech.

Glad I'm a ****ing worthless human being.
Nobody is saying any of that about you.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Income up by about 25%.

Lost a bunch of deductions. Refied house and pay way less interest. Local tax payments down due to tax plan. Deductions for unreimbursed business expenses. Deductions for school donations. These are just a few that I can recall.
So why don't you run the numbers using last year's tax laws for a comparison. It shouldn't take H&R Block long. :cool:

Millions got to keep more each week, but may be stuck owing.
And that doesn't necessarily mean they are paying more in taxes. A smaller refund doesn't mean you paid more in taxes. C'mon man, you are better than this kind of lame ass argument.

Nobody is saying any of that about you.

I'm in a good headspace right now, so please take this as me speaking kindly.

It might not be about me, but I'm in the group some are complaining about. When we speak generally about groups we often and up accidentally lumping others we don't mean to include in the group.

I wish I weren't on my phone right now so I could go back and copy/ paste some comments (From Septic, I believe; apologies if I am wrong) but the generalization was made that anyone receiving government money was leeching off of his taxes uninvited. My kids were on Medicaid for a year and are on free/reduced lunch now. My shame that they had to receive those benefits because of choices I made makes me a little sensitive to the conversation.

And to be honest, I have also generalized in the past about "those leeches". I wonder if my current situation is cosmic payback. Thankfully, I graduate this spring with my PhD in late 1520s Polish Army Transexual Officer Poetry History and will be on the path to bigger and better things.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

It might not be about me, but I'm in the group some are complaining about. When we speak generally about groups we often and up accidentally lumping others we don't mean to include in the group.

I wish I weren't on my phone right now so I could go back and copy/ paste some comments (From Septic, I believe; apologies if I am wrong) but the generalization was made that anyone receiving government money was leeching off of his taxes uninvited. My kids were on Medicaid for a year and are on free/reduced lunch now. My shame that they had to receive those benefits because of choices I made makes me a little sensitive to the conversation.

And to be honest, I have also generalized in the past about "those leeches". I wonder if my current situation is cosmic payback. Thankfully, I graduate this spring with my PhD in late 1520s Polish Army Transexual Officer Poetry History and will be on the path to bigger and better things.
You should have no problem finding a job in your field with Dems in control.

That would be an incorrect assumption. I have no problem giving people a leg up. Especially people that find themselves in a situation like yours that you did not ask for nor invite into your life. I do have a problem with people that make that leg up a way of life. If they are smoking 4-$10/packs of Marlboros a day, talking on an iPhone 10, and filling their arms with tatts, yeah I have a problem with that. I know you were joking, but I really DO have a problem with 'earning' worthless liberal degrees and then complaining that you can't pay your debts on that minimum wage Starbucks barista job because that is all you can get in the best job market in years.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AshG
That would be an incorrect assumption. I have no problem giving people a leg up. Especially people that find themselves in a situation like yours that you did not ask for nor invite into your life. I do have a problem with people that make that leg up a way of life. If they are smoking 4-$10/packs of Marlboros a day, talking on an iPhone 10, and filling their arms with tatts, yeah I have a problem with that. I know you were joking, but I really DO have a problem with 'earning' worthless liberal degrees and then complaining that you can't pay your debts on that minimum wage Starbucks barista job because that is all you can get in the best job market in years.

We're on the same page in many aspects. When I was a middle school band director, it made my blood boil when a kid would tell me they didn't have money for a reed for the saxophone I was loaning them (because they qualified for fee waiver), only to see them later whip out a phone two generations newer than mine and talk about how much they just dropped on new music.

My wife used to be a Habitat for Humanity Home Interviewer. After she resigned when our oldest was born, she told me how many visits she did for house candidates who had HDTVs in each room and new Suburbans in the driveway of their single wide trailer.

I'm not saying that those receiving assistance have to live a pauper's life, but how they can afford all those things and still qualify for HfH when my wife and I both have full time jobs and drive 10 year old junkers is beyind me.

We're on the same page in many aspects. When I was a middle school band director, it made my blood boil when a kid would tell me they didn't have money for a reed for the saxophone I was loaning them (because they qualified for fee waiver), only to see them later whip out a phone two generations newer than mine and talk about how much they just dropped on new music.

My wife used to be a Habitat for Humanity Home Interviewer. After she resigned when our oldest was born, she told me how many visits she did for house candidates who had HDTVs in each room and new Suburbans in the driveway of their single wide trailer.

I'm not saying that those receiving assistance have to live a pauper's life, but how they can afford all those things and still qualify for HfH when my wife and I both have full time jobs and drive 10 year old junkers is beyind me.
It's because the system is perverted. You are a victim of that perversion. Of all of us, you should be the most incensed about it.

VN Store

Back