'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

DL is by far our biggest question mark coming into 2019. We are going have to rely heavily on JUCO's that won't be here until the summer. Gooden is our only proven commodity, behind that it is all question marks. Players like Mincey, Savion Williams, Middleton, and others will have to step up. Getting Solomon eligible and healthy would be huge.
If Solomon is eligible that improves our front 7 tremendously. He’s better than anyone we had last year imo.

If he’s eligible, we are set with he and Gooden starting. Have to get one more position ready be it Williams or Mincey. But agree, lot of question marks, but also a lot of guys coming back with experience bc they got to play some last year.

I’m anxious to see how Emerson looks.

If Solomon is eligible that improves our front 7 tremendously. He’s better than anyone we had last year imo.

If he’s eligible, we are set with he and Gooden starting. Have to get one more position ready be it Williams or Mincey. But agree, lot of question marks, but also a lot of guys coming back with experience bc they got to play some last year.

I’m excited to see how Emerson looks.
Fixed

Its not at all unreasonable to expect around 8 wins next year.

The out of conference schedule is easier.

We have a Fitzgeraldless MSU coming to Neyland.

We're playing Mizzou without Lock and Vandy without Shurmur, and have USCe at home. UK is still UK.

UF is in the swamp, would be tough but is not unwinnable.

UGA is not unwinnable but likely a loss.

We're not beating Bama next year.

My prediction right now, and it may change again but 8-4 with losses to Bama, UGA, UF and one of USCe or Mizzou.

Its not at all unreasonable to expect around 8 wins next year.

The out of conference schedule is easier.

We have a Fitzgeraldless MSU coming to Neyland.

We're playing Mizzou without Lock and Vandy without Shurmur, and have USCe at home. UK is still UK.

UF is in the swamp, would be tough but is not unwinnable.

UGA is not unwinnable but likely a loss.

We're not beating Bama next year.

My prediction right now, and it may change again but 8-4 with losses to Bama, UGA, UF and one of USCe or Mizzou.
more important for the MSU game than Fitz being gone is the bulk of that defensive line being gone.

but i agree with you. i think you can expect to see year 2 improvement. a lot like last year, a large chunk of our success will depend on the offensive line. and unfortunately, while it will get an infusion of talent, it will be young, and i'm not counting on Smith being able to play. so the O line is a ? mark for sure. so if they get better and can just at least figure out who to block and eliminate the game altering offensive backfield disaster plays....i think 8-4 is definitely doable.

more important for the MSU game than Fitz being gone is the bulk of that defensive line being gone.

but i agree with you. i think you can expect to see year 2 improvement. a lot like last year, a large chunk of our success will depend on the offensive line. and unfortunately, while it will get an infusion of talent, it will be young, and i'm not counting on Smith being able to play. so the O line is a ? mark for sure. so if they get better and can just at least figure out who to block and eliminate the game altering offensive backfield disaster plays....i think 8-4 is definitely doable.
If we can surprise a little with both DL (being we replace everyone) and on the OL (returning pretty much everyone) we could do even better than 8.

We are in good hands at the skill postions on Offense. If the OL improves, that alone will make JG better than last year. On defense, we will be good in the secondary and decent at LB, we are not losing much at those postions and adding some young talent as well.

To keep this thread in topic....OL recruiting for next year looks very promising with guys like Ratledge, Thomas, Henderson, Mayes, Rogers, Tucker, etc. So the OL does need to show some good improvement this year to keep that momentum moving.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
To keep this thread in topic....OL recruiting for next year looks very promising with guys like Ratledge, Thomas, Henderson, Mayes, Rogers, Tucker, etc. So the OL does need to show some good improvement this year to keep that momentum moving.
Agreed.

really hoping we get a few to go ahead and commit relatively early. would like to see this class get some momentum going with some early commits.

Just realized played for Dean Ratledge in high school. He made a brief stop at Ooltewah when I was there and was D coordinator under Dan Williams. He was an intense individual . If his son is half as intense we want him for sure .

VN Store

Back