'20 NC OT Mitchell Mayes

Tate Ratledge grew up a vol fan
Tucker and Cooper at Catholic
Chris Morris and Marcus Henderson instate
Jake Wray is teammates with Bailey

Mayes is the only one who doesn’t have a Tennessee tie, but we’ve been recruiting him for a year and he’s visited multiple times.

I want all of these guys on O line. We lose a lot on the o line the next couple years, need to reload with the best
I believe Marcus Henderson is going to be a DT.

Justin Rogers, the OL/DL from Michigan. he's the one that is likely gonna be a DL.
That’s Omari Rodgers i think. Henderson and Tucker were both just at that Future thing that was on the same site/weekend as Army All American bowl
Thought that Henderson played both. Just on a hunch thought he would be better at DT.

Reactions: swchandler1988
Thought that Henderson played both. Just on a hunch thought he would be better at DT.
You're right, I think it's Henderson, It's one of the Memphis kids. Earlier in his recruitment he said UT is recruiting him for DT.

Reactions: T Dog
I personally have no qualms about taking 7-8 OL in one class, especially after Dooley took none his last year.

Reactions: StoVol
Ok got it got it. Henderson could play both ways but is being recruited as OL (as of 1/20/19). Omari Thomas is a highly ranked instate OT from Memphis too but his offer is on the d line
5E11EEAA-841E-496D-A21F-307DCE1B89B6.png

Reactions: T Dog
Correct. Glad to know we are winning head to heads against Bama and Clemson. UGA is pushing hard for this guy, as well as Ratlege and Mitchell on the OL. We are gonna need some wins this season. I like our chances.

(They were late to the party for Wright so I don't consider that a head to head.)

The ‘20 o-line class has the potential be just as good as the ‘19 class. Any guesses on how many we take next class 4-5?
Pruitt said he’d like to have 18 scholarship O linemen at all times. Last year we had 11 I think. We added 5, but lost 2 to medical, Trey for at least this season, and Richmond to the portal. So we’ll still only have 12 this year plus walk ons. I imagine 2020 will be another beefy class, glad we’re in on so much trench talent early.

Please just do one thing for me and keep saying Mullen can’t recruit
Pruitt said he’d like to have 18 scholarship O linemen at all times. Last year we had 11 I think. We added 5, but lost 2 to medical, Trey for at least this season, and Richmond to the portal. So we’ll still only have 12 this year plus walk ons. I imagine 2020 will be another beefy class, glad we’re in on so much trench talent early.

Make that 3 lost to medical with the Chance Hall announcement.

Reactions: StoVol
If we are in on this many OLs, I sure hope we push for a stud 5* RB to go along with.

A lot easier to convince them when you have an OC with back to back seasons of two 1,000yd backs. A lot easier with a guy like Yac that has a past in coaching RBs than a QB. A lot easier when you can pitch them the OL class you just signed and will sign in 2020 as well

Reactions: jakez4ut and T Dog
From ESPN300

Mitchell Mayes was a big mover among the OTs, trending up into the top 20. He not only has a big body and very good strength, but he also possesses good feet and balance and can be a nasty finisher. His rise up the rankings may not be done.

We wont be a factor for Wray. Dont forget Omari Thomas. He is probably the best of the bunch in Memphis. OL haul in '20 has a chance to be another special one .
Why not a factor for Wray, if we want him?

Last edited:
From ESPN300

Mitchell Mayes was a big mover among the OTs, trending up into the top 20. He not only has a big body and very good strength, but he also possesses good feet and balance and can be a nasty finisher. His rise up the rankings may not be done.

He is a monster on film. He has a lot of qualities that Darnell has. I believe he is also up to #23 nationally on 247. With all those visits to campus you have to think we are in that one big-time.

From ESPN300

Could be who metal was referring to. He Said he was NASTY.

Reactions: ionaVOL
We wont be a factor for Wray. Dont forget Omari Thomas. He is probably the best of the bunch in Memphis. OL haul in '20 has a chance to be another special one .
I commented just the other day that I’m excited about Omari Thomas. Kid is BIG.

VN Store

Back