Tennessee has reached out to Missouri Seniors

I mean who in college football would have a winning record on last years team bro with such a horrible line that couldnt stop my skinny self from getting to the QB. The fact he threw 2 Ints all year with that line unbelievable.

replace JG with Drew Lock or Jalen Hurts and we are an 8 win team

Good QB's know how to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks even with pressure. (Hot Route, Audible, Scramble)

replace JG with Drew Lock or Jalen Hurts and we are an 8 win team

Good QB's know how to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks even with pressure. (Hot Route, Audible, Scramble)
Yeah, you're probably right, no way we have a chance to win 8 with JG. We'll be lucky to win 4 I guess. You folks amaze me with this simple minded thought that the QB and the QB only is going to be responsible for every win and loss. Maybe just maybe we've improved at every other position and we somehow win 8+. Why in hades would you be a fan of the Vols knowing that JG is going to play next season and according to you no chance at winning 8 games?

Reactions: k-town_king
Yeah, you're probably right, no way we have a chance to win 8 with JG. We'll be lucky to win 4 I guess. You folks amaze me with this simple minded thought that the QB and the QB only is going to be responsible for every win and loss. Maybe just maybe we've improved at every other position and we somehow win 8+. Why in hades would you be a fan of the Vols knowing that JG is going to play next season and according to you no chance at winning 8 games?

Because quarterback is not the most important position on the team. Ever heard of a game managing quarterback? We need to improve our defense to win games.

You’re wrong. Qb is far and away the most important position in football. And as much as you might like jg...he’s not very good. He has the worst pocket awareness I think Ive ever seen from a qb. Qb is all about field awareness. Knowing where the pressure is coming from and where you’r reads are. He never takes shots down the field even when the defense allows for it. And never unloads the ball quickly when being blitzed. He’s just bad. If we had stellar qb play next year it could absolutely swing the balance our way in 4 or 5 games. And we’ve seen enough to know that we’re just not going to get strellar play out of jg.

Because quarterback is not the most important position on the team. Ever heard of a game managing quarterback? We need to improve our defense to win games.
Sounds like you think JG sucks. I wonder if you'd say that to him or Coach Pruitt, any of the OL or even his WRs? Probably not as you'd likely get punched in the nose. The reason players and fans despise the QB sucks talk all of the time is because it's a simple minded thought. It's easy to blame the QB when the reality is that everyone on the staff and all players are in it together. Lots of factors play into a losing season.

Reactions: KBVol
Sounds like you think JG sucks. I wonder if you'd say that to him or Coach Pruitt, any of the OL or even his WRs? Probably not as you'd likely get punched in the nose. The reason players and fans despise the QB sucks talk all of the time is because it's a simple minded thought. It's easy to blame the QB when the reality is that everyone on the staff and all players are in it together. Lots of factors play into a losing season.

When did i say JG sucks? All i have said is that Jalen Hurts and Drew Lock are better quarterbacks, which they absolutely are.

JG definitely is not good. Good quarterbacks put points on the scoreboard.

Punched in the nose? Lol calm down old man.

You’re wrong. Qb is far and away the most important position in football. And as much as you might like jg...he’s not very good. He has the worst pocket awareness I think Ive ever seen from a qb. Qb is all about field awareness. Knowing where the pressure is coming from and where you’r reads are. He never takes shots down the field even when the defense allows for it. And never unloads the ball quickly when being blitzed. He’s just bad. If we had stellar qb play next year it could absolutely swing the balance our way in 4 or 5 games. And we’ve seen enough to know that we’re just not going to get strellar play out of jg.
You should move on then because there is no way he's not the guy next season. You all sound like cable news hitting the same points over and over based on angled impressions. You never point out his improvement from year 1 to year 2, you never mention the victory at Auburn, calling it a fluke because it doesn't fit your narrative. You never mention that his 1st 2 games ever were vs Al and Ga when he should have started 6 games earlier his 1st season and you always fail to mention that he's earned the respect of his teammates, fans and coaches through sheer toughness, which last time I checked was a decent trait to have for a football player. I've been critical of several of our QBs in the past, usually the weak armed ones, and JG certainly has his faults, but if you don't see talent there then nothing really else to say or argue. You must be smarter than the coaches and nearly every analyst I've seen that think JG has a bright future. My opinion but anybody that wanted Dormandy, McBride or Chryst over JG is not very good at evaluating or identifying talent nor do they know what it takes to play QB at the SEC level.

Reactions: peddi631
You should move on then because there is no way he's not the guy next season. You all sound like cable news hitting the same points over and over based on angled impressions. You never point out his improvement from year 1 to year 2, you never mention the victory at Auburn, calling it a fluke because it doesn't fit your narrative. You never mention that his 1st 2 games ever were vs Al and Ga when he should have started 6 games earlier his 1st season and you always fail to mention that he's earned the respect of his teammates, fans and coaches through sheer toughness, which last time I checked was a decent trait to have for a football player. I've been critical of several of our QBs in the past, usually the weak armed ones, and JG certainly has his faults, but if you don't see talent there then nothing really else to say or argue. You must be smarter than the coaches and nearly every analyst I've seen that think JG has a bright future. My opinion but anybody that wanted Dormandy, McBride or Chryst over JG is not very good at evaluating or identifying talent nor do they know what it takes to play QB at the SEC level.

You think JG is good because you have watched bad football for so long that you have forgotten what good players look like.

JG was rated as the #1 dual threat QB of his class (above Jalen Hurts). You can't deny that JG is a bust.

I liked your post because I thought the same thing. We vilified Hurd for wanting a better situation and labeled him a quitter but welcome Mizzou players who have been in their program for 4-5 years. Not sure playing in a bowl game is as much of a treat for a Senior as it used to be. Even w/o probation they will not be in a major bowl next year, they know that, but UT will probably not be either. The only guys that would transfer would be non-contributors looking for possible playing time elsewhere. JMO
If it's true Pruitt is reaching out to seniors, he's not opening the door for non-contributors..he's reaching out to senior who can play ball. JMO

Last edited:
For what Mizzou is being punished for isn't good but I hardly think it deserves such a response from the NCAA. I hope we aren't really pursuing these players but merely just saying that if you want to leave we need players.

I'm really confused. Seems like you are contradicting yourself by saying put in DL or JH and we're an 8 win team. But then turn right around and say it isn't the most important position. If that is your thinking, then I don't understand why you think changing one position (the one you claim isn't the most important) would yield an additional 3 wins.

Football is obviously a team sport and requires everyone to contribute to have a successful team - however, I don't think there is a more important position than QB. It's the only one on the field where there is only 1 player at that position - of course there is usually one TE and one RB for many formations, but those positions are rotated. If you have a dud at QB, there is no chance you win games.

I tell you folks, we finally got us a real to life evil genius for a coach. I love the way he explores any angle or scheme to compete on and off the field. The man is relentless

Reactions: FïreBall
I'm really confused. Seems like you are contradicting yourself by saying put in DL or JH and we're an 8 win team. But then turn right around and say it isn't the most important position. If that is your thinking, then I don't understand why you think changing one position (the one you claim isn't the most important) would yield an additional 3 wins.

Football is obviously a team sport and requires everyone to contribute to have a successful team - however, I don't think there is a more important position than QB. It's the only one on the field where there is only 1 player at that position - of course there is usually one TE and one RB for many formations, but those positions are rotated. If you have a dud at QB, there is no chance you win games.

Yes we would be an 8 win team with either Lock or Hurts because they are elite quarterbacks. JG is very far from elite.

QB isn't the most important position. Look at the past superbowls. Peyton was a game manager and still won with a great defense, Brady was terrible this year and won with a great defense, Foles is mediocre and won a superbowl with the eagles smothering defensive line.

When you have a good defense, a player like JG can just become the game manager and win by not making mistakes. JG doesn't throw many INT and would be a perfect game manager.

On a side note, it is impressive that Missouri is as good as they are... They don't recruit worth crap.

I liked your post because I thought the same thing. We vilified Hurd for wanting a better situation and labeled him a quitter but welcome Mizzou players who have been in their program for 4-5 years. Not sure playing in a bowl game is as much of a treat for a Senior as it used to be. Even w/o probation they will not be in a major bowl next year, they know that, but UT will probably not be either. The only guys that would transfer would be non-contributors looking for possible playing time elsewhere. JMO
You should give halftime speeches in UT locker room

I don't want to bring up Hurd again but.... there is a difference between quitting a team in the middle of a season and the spring.

A good QB beats SC and/or Vandy and they go bowling.
Vandy was a total team beat down. We were whipped on both lines of scrimmage. When you lose by 4 touchdowns, 1 player ain't your problem. Our defense collapsed late at Sakerlina.

Reactions: FBtime
Any time someone uses the “You wouldn’t say it to their face” rebuttal on a fan forum, they automatically lose the argument by disqualification. Do better next time.

When did i say JG sucks? All i have said is that Jalen Hurts and Drew Lock are better quarterbacks, which they absolutely are.

JG definitely is not good. Good quarterbacks put points on the scoreboard.

Punched in the nose? Lol calm down old man.

Drew Lock would not have survived the season behind our line last year... Many of them solid VOLS with injuries that limited their abilities.... See how many have taken medicals over the last few months... Hurts limped off the field at Bama several times.... yet you think he excels here? I guess with luck anything is possible, but putting your position out there as even a probability is a stretch of reason.... Even on some of JG's better throws he was having to shorten up a three step drop to a 2 1/2 step drop and still got stuck by defenders....

VN Store

Back