Tennessee has reached out to Missouri Seniors

I could be wrong but I don't think either one of the 2 OL with experience from last year would be a good fit here. They run the spread which is full of zone blocking schemes and Tennessee runs a pro style full of power blocking schemes. I just feel it would be more of the same that we saw last year with the hold overs.
Possibly. I still wouldn't mind adding some depth at the position. IDK for sure but you have to think even in a different scheme those linemen are more ready for conference play than almost all freshmen would be.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Last I heard none of their 20 seniors is leaving so nice to reach out but looks like none are going anywhere.

Personally, I'm not sure I would want any of them. If they are willing to abandon their team as a Senior and go to a rival school, that says a lot about their character. The only thing we can offer them is a potential bowl game. They would obviously only be about themselves and wouldn't be a team player. That's just my humble opinion.

Kelly Bryant wants to showcase his talent and throwing ability and Tennessee is unfortunately not the place to do that next year. He wants to raise his draft stock, and as much as it pains me to admit it Tennessee would not help that. He would be moving backwards if he transferred. Bryant doesn't care about going to a bowl game at Mizzou (he would most likely sit that out anyway). He wants to throw the ball, and Mizzou has an O-line that will protect him better than ours would.

I agree, if they keep the o line

Reactions: GBOVFL88
Personally, I'm not sure I would want any of them. If they are willing to abandon their team as a Senior and go to a rival school, that says a lot about their character. The only thing we can offer them is a potential bowl game. They would obviously only be about themselves and wouldn't be a team player. That's just my humble opinion.
I liked your post because I thought the same thing. We vilified Hurd for wanting a better situation and labeled him a quitter but welcome Mizzou players who have been in their program for 4-5 years. Not sure playing in a bowl game is as much of a treat for a Senior as it used to be. Even w/o probation they will not be in a major bowl next year, they know that, but UT will probably not be either. The only guys that would transfer would be non-contributors looking for possible playing time elsewhere. JMO

Kirby is a punk of the enth degree.He just took Wolfe from us on the portal and says he wont poach Missouri?? He is also captalizing on some of the better players in Tennessee. Norton and others.I wish Pruitt would go down there and open a can of whoop$$$ on Butt sniffing Kirby in person.Maybe we can begin to stop some of these guys leaving the state!!!

Kirby is a punk of the enth degree.He just took Wolfe from us on the portal and says he wont poach Missouri?? He is also captalizing on some of the better players in Tennessee. Norton and others.I wish Pruitt would go down there and open a can of whoop$$$ on Butt sniffing Kirby in person.Maybe we can begin to stop some of these guys leaving the state!!!
No real big loss, its not like the QB threw to the TE's ever anyways.

You need your running backs to start running downhill. Chaney will play to that with constant play action, starting with spring ball.
Yeah I expect to see a lot of PA out of JG this year. Thats the easiest way to salvage a terrible QB into a not so terrible QB while you find his replacement.

9-16 as a starter. 0.6 TD's a game. But I mean scoring TD's and winning games isn't really what playing football or being a QB is about so I could be wrong..
I mean who in college football would have a winning record on last years team bro with such a horrible line that couldnt stop my skinny self from getting to the QB. The fact he threw 2 Ints all year with that line unbelievable.

I mean who in college football would have a winning record on last years team bro with such a horrible line that couldnt stop my skinny self from getting to the QB. The fact he threw 2 Ints all year with that line unbelievable.
A good QB beats SC and/or Vandy and they go bowling.

I think is what I’m starting to do now that I’m getting older....GO OVER THE SAME ISSUE OVER AND OVER AND OVER and it’s always the same conversation!,,

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back