Early line: Kentucky favored by four over the Vols in Lexingon

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Thoughts? The game is still nine days away, but interesting to look ahead.

Reactions: feathersax
Sounds about right. At their place, they are playing well. They are good inside, and have experience there. If we bring our "A" game we can certainly win. After last year Grant and Co understand what it takes. Still a tall order. If we win there we cement ourselves as a legitimate NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER. Let that sink in for a minute........

Vegas is always trying to outsmart the bettors, so that line will definitely change.

It probably wouldn't hurt for us a lose a time or two prior to the tourney so we can regain some focus and intensity. The past few games we have seemed to coast.

A loss to a top 10 or maybe top 5 team on the road would be the best time/place to do it. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather win every game, but if we were going to lose a game, this game would be way better than in the SECT or NCAAT, and maybe provide some motivation come tourney time.

Sounds about right. At their place, they are playing well. They are good inside, and have experience there. If we bring our "A" game we can certainly win. After last year Grant and Co understand what it takes. Still a tall order. If we win there we cement ourselves as a legitimate NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER. Let that sink in for a minute........

Vols are already cemented as a legitimate NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER even if they lose at Lexington and even a couple more games this season. A win in Lexington will be HUGE for late season confidence headed into the tourney season. A loss could have even a greater effect on motivation.

This is a huge game but not a must win (outside of my personal desires) in the grand scheme of things. The Vols have nothing to prove and I think the pressure is on UK. Vols have been #1 for many weeks now and a veteran team. Vols have beaten Gonzaga and SHOULD have beaten Kansas when they were a much better team than when UK beat them.

Reactions: Vol49er
I would’ve guessed 3.5 so that’s not surprising...could see that line moving up to 5 or 6 as it gets closer.

That’s been the case for awhile

Reactions: Freak and Vol49er
Vegas is always trying to outsmart the bettors, so that line will definitely change.

It probably wouldn't hurt for us a lose a time or two prior to the tourney so we can regain some focus and intensity. The past few games we have seemed to coast.

A loss to a top 10 or maybe top 5 team on the road would be the best time/place to do it. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather win every game, but if we were going to lose a game, this game would be way better than in the SECT or NCAAT, and maybe provide some motivation come tourney time.

Someone has to prove they can beat us. No one has done so since early in the season so let's not start surrendering before we get there.

Usually give 3 pts to the home team. I’d have guessed it was closer to 2 to 2.5.

Someone has to prove they can beat us. No one has done so since early in the season so let's not start surrendering before we get there.
who said anything about surrendering? In fact, I clearly said I want to win them all. But looking at our remaining games, the fact its a Rupp, and the approach of our team the past few games, it would not surprise me if we lost. It also wouldn't hurt us.

Tennessee will beat Kentucky. It does not matter where they play. Tennessee, Kentucky or on the moon
Tennessee is the better team.

Reactions: coachmilo13
We can and should beat Kentucky if the officials call an unbiased, reasonably fair game... though history at Rupp says don't count on it

Bad officiating could ruin Tennessee’s offensive & defensive rhythm.

Rupp will be loud and they’re going to want to see an upset.

Tennessee has the best 8 in the SEC including UK. If experience becomes a factor we know how that will tilt. I know our guys want to win this game and will be ready. I will watch in awe! No sense in saber rattling, this game is big enough on its own. Big TV audience, great for recruiting.

They’ll probably get us a rupp , but Tennessee should beat them by 5-10 points in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back