'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

I don't remember the first person who posted in here that HT's recruitment felt like Crouch's, but whoever it was deserves a lot of e-cred.

Props, whoever you were!

I had mentioned it but don't know about first. It was more an observation/guess based on how some other things have played out recently. I just felt like this staff was starting to like playing the game like the snake in the weeds that nobody sees right now.

Example Clemson was more focused on Michigan instead of negatively recruiting TN record until it was too late. So I felt like something was off about us suddenly being "out" after Bama official. It had all the same players as the Crouch recruitment on our end so connected dots that perhaps this staff preferred Bama and Washington to think they were each other's only competition until it was too late. Once a team tries last minute to negative recruit it comes off as a desperate attempt instead of realistic view.

We saw similar with Solomon and Gibbs who VQ were suprised ended up here. just can't take what these sites say as gospel anymore unless they have a real close tie to the recruit like price did with Wright. They didn't have this tie in with Tootoo so it didn't seem like was real info

Once we are winning at high level again we won't have to do that so much but for now it's a great way to play it

Drama queens? I don't follow these kids' tweets and stuff real close, but that poster is full of doodie, right?
Henry To'oto'o is definitely no drama queen. It was stated in one story I read yesterday that he kept his thoughts about his recruitment to himself not telling the media much at all. Henry seems to be very high character. It was stated he ruled out Alabama after his visit with them. That says he was being decisive with no drama at all. This kid seems to be the type when he makes a decision, then he goes all in and doesn't look back... Glad he became a Vol. GBO

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I’m still of the belief that Henry and Quavo are our future ILBs at Mike and Will.

Harrison should be a permanent fixture, but we need to get some impact guys at the EDGE position in the 20 class. We have Davis onboard but will need 2-3 more. Not sold on Allen as I believe he would have gotten on the field more last year after Kongbos injury.
Rumph said yesterday that Crouch would be OLB IIRC

i haven’t been on volnation long but today was awesome! some of you veterans of volnation where does today rank for you fellas/ladies
It was a good day, a hell of a lot better than last year. I honestly can't remember the last time signing day felt this good, I guess the signing day that Richmond flipped to us. That was really exciting.

I don't believe HT will be a bust either, so this day will be remembered fondly for a long time.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that this recruiting win is the crack in the dam for Alabama's stranglehold and in return the birth of the resurgence in The Big Orange. Make and win a mid major bowl this year and watch the return of the ORANGE SWARM! Thanks to P. Funeral, CJP and his all-star staff for breathing life into our our program when it was on life support. GBO!!!
Bamas class average is 4.5*...that isht ain't cracked bro..I just cant understand why more kids don't see that other teams can win too, and you might actually get to play if you go somewhere else...plus it is getting to the place that Bama fans don't know or remember many players careers unless it is for something bad. You are just another log on the pile to them, when you would be a legend to most other fanbases.

Rumph said yesterday that Crouch would be OLB IIRC

Yeah I saw that, however I think they will move him around some before locking him in. He’s going to be a little raw and have to learn both positions in the scheme.

Time will tell but he has the look of a sideline to sideline ILB. Also feel he would be great blitizing up the A gap.

Starting to sink in that we landed To'oto'o. Really REALLY impressive job by our staff to land this kid. Such a huge need and beating out Bama for him on NSD makes it soooo sweeeeeet. Closing out ESD with Morris, Keyton, Crouch and adding Wright and HT on NSD with transfers like Solomon and Gibbs make this about as good as we could have imagined. Eboigbe would have made it an A+ class all things considered.

Really excited to see the difference of talent at LB and OL on the field with this class. Those are two areas UT hasn't recruited very well in awhile. That is changing and it's exciting.
I feel the same way man...I'm still shocked...
I believe HT is a cornerstone player.

Reactions: tbones0711
I watched an interview with him and, although this probably isnt a secret, he said if Tush Lopoi hadnt left it was 100% going to be Bama. Henry said after Tosh left it was down to us & Washington and ultimately he picked the good guys. Go Vols.

Bamas class average is 4.5*...that isht ain't cracked bro..I just cant understand why more kids don't see that other teams can win too, and you might actually get to play if you go somewhere else...plus it is getting to the place that Bama fans don't know or remember many players careers unless it is for something bad. You are just another log on the pile to them, when you would be a legend to most other fanbases.

Attachments

• bama.jpg
    bama.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 91
You sir are in denial
LOL!!!!! Break out your thick skin, maybe next time when someone merely points out a possibility you will think before you spout off. I didn't even predict nothing for sure, merely said we had a chance. Well looks like you were WRONG!!!!!! GBO!!!!!!! You could have said I don't agree, or I don't think so but you had to say something STUPID! GBO!!!!!!! Welcome Henry T!!!!! Great job Coach Pruitt and Staff.

Not the first few games, but it'll happen at some point if he comes in and works to catch up.

EDIT: Then again, he might not start. But I think he'll see significant playing time.

I agree. A sign of success is when you don't have to start too many freshmen, particularly early in the season. The best kids should play, but the ones 2-4 years into a college S&C program shouldn't be getting beat by freshmen when it's rolling like it should be. High school to college is a big jump.

Reactions: Brillovol
Not the first few games, but it'll happen at some point if he comes in and works to catch up.

EDIT: Then again, he might not start. But I think he'll see significant playing time.
This! If he comes in and takes care of business like I believe he will, his time will come to start. May be 2019, maybe 2020.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
No. JJ Peterson will be ahead of him and we still have DK and bituli. But he’ll play a lot.
not sure how much of a factor DK really is as a starter.

a lot depends on how Crouch and HT do in the off season obviously. i think Crouch has a leg up both because he's already here, and playing outside to start is an easier path to the field. Inside, you have two guys that could/should be pretty good on the front line in JJP and Bituli. JJP, Bituli, Crouch and Taylor......not to shabby.

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
Yeah I saw that, however I think they will move him around some before locking him in. He’s going to be a little raw and have to learn both positions in the scheme.

Time will tell but he has the look of a sideline to sideline ILB. Also feel he would be great blitizing up the A gap.
Pruitt has repeatedly said that he likes to have linebackers that can play All 4 positions

Honestly, you thinks wrong..... but I like the enthusiasm

With a big smile on my face I extend to you the peace cornbread without the blatantly obvious I TOLD YOU SO attached to it, I see no need for that and am a bigger person than to tell someone I TOLD THEM SO, when I in fact did TELL THEM SO!

Now the only question left is:

cornbread gif.gif

VN Store

Back