Tennessee has reached out to Missouri Seniors

Cale Garrett and Johnathon Johnson could be an immediate help besides the obvious in Kelly Bryant. However the article does point out Bryant is expected to remain at Mizzou

Kelly Bryant wants to showcase his talent and throwing ability and Tennessee is unfortunately not the place to do that next year. He wants to raise his draft stock, and as much as it pains me to admit it Tennessee would not help that. He would be moving backwards if he transferred. Bryant doesn't care about going to a bowl game at Mizzou (he would most likely sit that out anyway). He wants to throw the ball, and Mizzou has an O-line that will protect him better than ours would.

Reactions: VolinMC and cgrish
Kelly Bryant wants to showcase his talent and throwing ability and Tennessee is unfortunately not the place to do that next year. He wants to raise his draft stock, and as much as it pains me to admit it Tennessee would not help that. He would be moving backwards if he transferred. Bryant doesn't care about going to a bowl game at Mizzou (he would most likely sit that out anyway). He wants to throw the ball, and Mizzou has an O-line that will protect him better than ours would.
Which is why we need to make their good Olinemen our Olinemen.

Which is why we need to make their good Olinemen our Olinemen.
Fair enough! Having just a few of them come on over to Rocky Top would change a lot in terms of offensive production and the number of W's that I predict would go up a little too. Not that a roster change would solve all of our ills, but it would go a long way toward making 2019 a 9 win season. That is a bit of a pipe dream though TBH.

Fair enough! Having just a few of them come on over to Rocky Top would change a lot in terms of offensive production and the number of W's that I predict would go up a little too. Not that a roster change would solve all of our ills, but it would go a long way toward making 2019 a 9 win season. That is a bit of a pipe dream though TBH.
One or two Oline probably changes the complexion of our team more than anything else. We have some talent coming in but it would be nice to have some time to develop through S&C and not have to plug people in unprepared physically.

One or two Oline probably changes the complexion of our team more than anything else. We have some talent coming in but it would be nice to have some time to develop through S&C and not have to plug people in unprepared physically.
Agreed! I love immediate gratification as much as the next guy, but plugging freshmen into the line in SEC play is asking for injuries and mistakes. I realize that some of the guys coming in were studs in high school and could contribute in limited roles, but a full season on the line is a big ask for even our more experienced players, let alone freshmen. I can wait if we don't get transfers and that waiting translates to the big uglies playing up to their potential in 2020 for the entire season.

Reactions: volroadwarrior
I could be wrong but I don't think either one of the 2 OL with experience from last year would be a good fit here. They run the spread which is full of zone blocking schemes and Tennessee runs a pro style full of power blocking schemes. I just feel it would be more of the same that we saw last year with the hold overs.

Tennessee needs a QB with legs until the OL can get fixed..and not like Michael Vick but just basic peewee league scrambling ability.
No we do not. Our current QB just needs to learn to read defenses pre-snap. Chaney will definitely fix that.

VN Store

Back