'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

If you were gonna be excited you'd be excited either way. Choosing to run a kid down because he chose not to come, or saying he should be grateful because of his star rating is absurd. Like saying Tennessee deserves 5 star players because they've been so good over the past decade. C'mon man!
Nobody in here was running the kid down until all the insiders went nuts. I wish the kid well. But the stories have been crazy...pissed off at coaches for talking about Chavis? Of all the coaches to pretend we were badmouthing, I wouldnt have tried saying it was him. Not one person who is a Vols fan wants someone here that does not want to be. Therefore, people are not upset that he picked aTm. Chris has only been on our radar for a month and a half so it isnt like everyone was all in on him. We didn't have time to be. Pappoe has been coming here to visit for over 5 years. Sometimes it isn't about stars. We have heard his name for a long time and really wanted this kid because we had anticipated him possibly being a Vol since before he picked up all the stars. Again, I wish the kid well.

Reactions: SugarCC
Who reallys knows anything these days.

But I do think Russell has the chance to be the best LB to ever come out of Tennessee.

If he played at IMG he would be a top 100 guy easy....

Lol you think this guy will be better than Willis or Hightower? Did you just watch the SB?

Reactions: k-town_king
Like I said, better for him to go somewhere where the fans feel like they need him than to go somewhere where the fans feel like they don't.

If you're going to a school because of a fan-base you're going to that school for the wrong reasons. Just as much as a fan will praise you, they'll shew you up for lack of consistancy and bad play. You go where you feel is a place whre you can contribute and feel like the coaches have your best interest at heart. That their message to you is genuine and not some coach speak to get you on campus. Because that speak will change as soon as you get on the yard.

Keep showing your ignorance. Again, when are you going to attend a game in Knoxville for the first ti.e ever? Hell, I will even buy you a ticket.
What in the world are you talking about? What point are you trying to make? I’ve been to games. This doesn’t make sense at all. Anyway, enjoy those Butch Jones players in your signing class

its pretty obvious none of us have a clue.

kid obviously has some talent if Chavis and Pruitt like him.

do i think he's TN's first second third or even fourth choice? not even close.
There's a ocean of difference between a kid having some talent and being the best LB to come out of the state. I've given LV **** before with takes like this going back to his claim that TaDarryl Marshall was the best athlete in the state of Alabama back when he was being recruited. Not really a shot at him, just disagree with his assessment of some players.

If you're going to a school because of a fan-base you're going to that school for the wrong reasons. Just as much as a fan will praise you, they'll shew you up for lack of consistancy and bad play. You go where you feel is a place whre you can contribute and feel like the coaches have your best interest at heart. That their message to you is genuine and not some coach speak to get you on campus. Because that speak will change as soon as you get on the yard.
I don't think that is true. Fans can be and often are the rotten egg in a University's basket. It is most oblivious when fans rebel against coaches( Martin and Fulmer) but also attack players as in this recruit.

Reactions: Critters
What in the world are you talking about? What point are you trying to make? I’ve been to games. This doesn’t make sense at all. Anyway, enjoy those Butch Jones players in your signing class
Shhhh....

I’m not sure what you said, but you’ve conned him out of a ticket. Just play along

VN Store

Back