'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

His Hudl film is incredibly pedestrian. Especially considering his competition is atrocious.

He was a plan C type prospect for Tennessee.

No loss at all with him not coming here. Better to take no one and save the spot than waste it on him.
Just as easy for me to say better for him to go where he's wanted by fans who feel their team needs him than to go somewhere where the fans feel like they don't. Hmmmm, I feel common ground here.

Just as easy for me to say better for him to go where he's wanted by fans who feel their team needs him than to go somewhere where the fans feel like they don't. Hmmmm, I feel common ground here.
Now we were and would have been excited if he were a Vol. We're just not going to be upset if he's not, and the reasons are obvious.

Now we were and would have been excited if he were a Vol. We're just not going to be upset if he's not, and the reasons are obvious.
If you were gonna be excited you'd be excited either way. Choosing to run a kid down because he chose not to come, or saying he should be grateful because of his star rating is absurd. Like saying Tennessee deserves 5 star players because they've been so good over the past decade. C'mon man!

Last edited:
If you were gonna be excited you'd be excited either way. Choosing to run a kid down because he chose not to come, or saying he should be grateful because of his star rating is absurd. Like saying Tennessee deserves 5 star players because they've been so good over the past decade. C'mon man!
Check my stats.

I’ve been consistent with my take on Russell since Day One. Not a loss.

Not sure if I was clear. We WERE excited when we thought he was going to be a Vol. We WOULD be excited if he were to become a Vol. But there is absolutely no way we are going to be excited about him going somewhere else. The people who know him may be. I have not noticed but a couple running him down. We are not upset because he probably would not help us next year, and we believe there will be better prospects in next year's class.

Not sure if I was clear. We WERE excited when we thought he was going to be a Vol. We WOULD be excited if he were to become a Vol. But there is absolutely no way we are going to be excited about him going somewhere else. The people who know him may be. I have not noticed but a coue running him down. We are not upset because he probably would not help us next year, and we believe there will be better prospects in next year's class.
Understood 👌

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Jeremy Banks is better than both 👍
Ha-ha. How the hell can u know that ? If u said he is a better RB than so and so, I may agree with u. But, come on, has he even played a snap at LB in college ? I think Banks could be a damn good RB if he fixes his fumbling problem, if he doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if Banks doesn't do sh!t at LB. He might make a couple of special teams tackles. Imo, he is a RB and I hope they move him back to that position and make him carry a football to every class and every time he walks by a teammate they try to knock the ball out of his hands. Put Banks on the Tiki Barber plan and teach him how to carry the football, properly. The skies the limit at RB and a switch to LB, imo, puts him on the Dillon Bates kinda career at UT.

Like I said, better for him to go somewhere where the fans feel like they need him than to go somewhere where the fans feel like they don't.
I hope this isn’t the crap that the people close to the kid are telling him. He needs to go where he has the best relationship with the coaches and where he has the best opportunity on the football field. End of story.

Ha-ha. How the hell can u know that ? If u said he is a better RB than so and so, I may agree with u. But, come on, has he even played a snap at LB in college ? I think Banks could be a damn good RB if he fixes his fumbling problem, if he doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised if Banks doesn't do sh!t at LB. He might make a couple of special teams tackles. Imo, he is a RB and I hope they move him back to that position and make him carry a football to every class and every time he walks by a teammate they try to knock the ball out of his hands. Put Banks on the Tiki Barber plan and teach him how to carry the football, properly. The skies the limit at RB and a switch to LB, imo, puts him on the Dillon Bates kinda career at UT.

You've never played ball to say something like that.

Pruitt himself said Banks can play LB.
AND he was in front of Bates after the switch...
After one week of practicing at LB he easily surpassed him.

Banks just needs reps and added size/strength. Perfect ILB for our defense

Bwaa-ha-ha. No, I've never played college football. U don't think Banks could be a great RB in college ? His natural position. He could end up a great LB, I don't see it, but I hope he will be, if they keep him there. Lbs, especially MLB have to be able to read the offense and get the defense in the right alignment. I'm not sure Banks can do that, too emotional. But, I'm absolutely positive he can hit the hole at full speed and punish guys that try to tackle him. I saw it last year on the college level. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Bwaa-ha-ha. No, I've never played college football. U don't think Banks could be a great RB in college ? His natural position. He could end up a great LB, I don't see it, but I hope he will be, if they keep him there. Lbs, especially MLB have to be able to read the offense and get the defense in the right alignment. I'm not sure Banks can do that, too emotional. But, I'm absolutely positive he can hit the hole at full speed and punish guys that try to tackle him. I saw it last year on the college level. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

We can do that.

Just remember: Al Wilson, Eddie Moore, Eric Westmorland, Dominique Stevenson were all high school RBs that moved to LB. Banks wouldn't exactly be blazing trails if he's successful. And I doubt he's more emotional than Al Wilson...he turned out okay

After one week of practicing at LB he easily surpassed him.

Banks just needs reps and added size/strength. Perfect ILB for our defense
You getting them to believe that is like me getting them to believe that Tn still wanted Russell to come on the OV even after he said no. The truth doesn't resonate with some of them.

You getting them to believe that is like me getting them to believe that Tn still wanted Russell to come on the OV even after he said no. The truth doesn't resonate with some of them.
Who reallys knows anything these days.

But I do think Russell has the chance to be the best LB to ever come out of Tennessee.

If he played at IMG he would be a top 100 guy easy....

Reactions: Critters
Who reallys knows anything these days.

But I do think Russell has the chance to be the best LB to ever come out of Tennessee.

If he played at IMG he would be a top 100 guy easy....

Is that a real take or sarcasm? Honest question...

Is just kinda hard to imagine this particular defensive staff not offering potentially the best LB prospect ever when said prospect camped for them. Who knows?

Last edited:
No we are not wrong. UT was going down with Fulmer. Just because UT screwed up 3 times in a row with hiring his replacements doesn’t mean he should of been kept around so we could of stayed second tier to Bama and Georgia.
It means they screwed up terribly with the hires. If they would of gotten it right the first time you living in the past wouldn’t be saying nothing

Reactions: Critters

VN Store

Back