'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Pickens and To'oto'o ain't coming. This is a decent class, and could end up being the best we've had in a long time, but saying it's better than that 2010 or 2014 class before any of them ever play a down is ridiculous. Those classes had some of the greatest players in school history, and this one is highlighted by 2 linemen and a guy with a history of injuries that will be playing a position he's basically never played before
Greatest PLAYERS? The only player that would be considered one of the greatest for UT was Derek Barnett PERIOD. Some of the others were pretty good but nowhere near the upper echelon of players to wear PMS 151 Orange, you can take that to the bank, and you're also comparing knowns with unknowns all that is being said is that this class is shaping up to be better based on rankings out of HS, no one can tell the future so no one knows if this class will develop and be better than those previous classes were in college, however considering we have a real coach now and not a used car salesman I'd assert that there is a much better chance this class turns out to be better in the long run

Pickens and To'oto'o ain't coming. This is a decent class, and could end up being the best we've had in a long time, but saying it's better than that 2010 or 2014 class before any of them ever play a down is ridiculous. Those classes had some of the greatest players in school history, and this one is highlighted by 2 linemen and a guy with a history of injuries that will be playing a position he's basically never played before
The best player in the 2014 class was ranked in the 200's. Those classes did not have the best players in school history. They didnt win many games, and very few were drafted. 3 of 32 players in 2014. 2010 was a good class but nothing amazing came out of it.

Last edited:
The best player in the 2014 class was ranked in the 200's. Thos classes did not have the best players in school history. They didnt win many games, and very few were drafted. 3 of 32 players in 2014. 2010 was a good class but nothing amazing came out of it.
Don't discredit Barnett he is one of the best DE's in program history BUT that is the only one to come out of either class

You've been a ray of sunshine here lately. What gives? I'm not convinced here lately that this staff is living up to their recruiting credentials, but I am not down in the mouth about it either.
He's just saying better West than Bammer, because those are the 2 more likely places it seems

Reactions: SmokinBob

You aren’t very old, are you?
I’m guessing about 20

He's just saying better West than Bammer, because those are the 2 more likely places it seems

No, it's a trend with him on every recruit as of late. Pruitt has not closed well on the 2nd signing day as of yet.

No, it's a trend with him on every recruit as of late. Pruitt has not closed well on the 2nd signing day as of yet.
I'll take the closing well and keeping them for ESD for the majority of the class then swinging for the fences for the few remaining great players you're not favored to get. Maybe we get 1 each year to add to the class that signed early. If not move on the next year. The players that sign on NSD are not any more important than the ones that sign on ESD. They are just something for recruiting services and fans to get excited about.

I'll take the closing well and keeping them for ESD for the majority of the class then swinging for the fences for the few remaining great players you're not favored to get. Maybe we get 1 each year to add to the class that signed early. If not move on the next year. The players that sign on NSD are not any more important than the ones that sign on ESD. They are just something for recruiting services and fans to get excited about.

I don't disagree with any of that. We just get back in to things quicker, when we win battles for these guys at the end. I like Pruitt, but I am not blind to the things that didn't go right this year. I'm more concerned with how the team played the last 2 games, than I am recruiting. I also think Helton is a dumb@$$.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I don't disagree with any of that. We just get back in to things quicker, when we win battles for these guys at the end. I like Pruitt, but I am not blind to the things that didn't go right this year. I'm more concerned with how the team played the last 2 games, than I am recruiting. I also think Helton is a dumb@$$.
To be fair, Helton was extremely limited on his options because the offensive line could only be trusted to hold up for 1.2 seconds and couldn't run block worth a damn... I don't think he's a bad OC at all... at the same time I'm not heartbroken to see him go

Oh, the more we get the better we get sooner for sure. I just don't think we should judge CPs recruiting only by the late ones that are long shots. I love Pruitt, but I don't consider myself blind to his faults, everyone has some. I don't consider myself blind to our situation either.....administration was in turmoil, couldn't buy a mediocre coach, condition of players, etc. I think we have a really good, hard working coach, and I expect us to continuously get better. Some will complain that it is not soon enough, but that's life.

Hubbs thought that as well during his 104.5 segment last week
Washington isn't trending, the family is trending. The closer it gets to NSD the more most kids show their hands. The family is pulling him to stay out west. I'd be surprised if he ended up in the SEC.

Reactions: BucVol98
Washington isn't trending, the family is trending. The closer it gets to NSD the more most kids show their hands. The family is pulling him to stay out west. I'd be surprised if he ended up in the SEC.
Where do you see that? There are interviews stating that the family wants him off the west coast. Maybe that has changed, but I've not seen it yet.

To be fair, Helton was extremely limited on his options because the offensive line could only be trusted to hold up for 1.2 seconds and couldn't run block worth a damn... I don't think he's a bad OC at all... at the same time I'm not heartbroken to see him go

To be fair Helton had the creativity of a 6 year old Chinese math wiz.

Reactions: tnvols72

Oh no, this take may get you killed.

I'm a massive fan of Dobbs, Kamara, Barnett, Bray, Malone, CP, Hunter, and even Hurd.

But our '98 national title team had, I believe, 31 NFL players on it. Our history is so so deep it's ridiculous. And while the aforementioned players are awesome guys in their own right, it's not really even scratching the surface in terms of our all-time greats. This will be our highest avg. recruit class since around 2007. I think.

Oh, the more we get the better we get sooner for sure. I just don't think we should judge CPs recruiting only by the late ones that are long shots. I love Pruitt, but I don't consider myself blind to his faults, everyone has some. I don't consider myself blind to our situation either.....administration was in turmoil, couldn't buy a mediocre coach, condition of players, etc. I think we have a really good, hard working coach, and I expect us to continuously get better. Some will complain that it is not soon enough, but that's life.

I am judging Pruitt by the big fish. He had that kinda rep coming in here. So far he is about 50/50 and didn't close well last Feb. We will see about this one. At some point all the background noise and excuses have to go away. We are far enough away from it and headed in the right direction.

Go back and watch the Vandy game. We come out second half first play run a toss power with Chandler for 80 yards and a TD. Puts us right back in the game. Next offensive series, runs same play with Jordan for 20+ yards. Vandy couldn't defend it. We could actually block it. The play was never called again. That guy is an idiot.

I am judging Pruitt by the big fish. He had that kinda rep coming in here. So far he is about 50/50 and didn't close well last Feb. We will see about this one. At some point all the background noise and excuses have to go away. We are far enough away from it and headed in the right direction.
Pruitt has never had to be the closer until now. That takes a little time to figure out exactly what to say when your time as a head coach is limited with recruits. Winning a couple more games this coming season will help out tremendously when closing time comes back around.

Pruitt has never had to be the closer until now. That takes a little time to figure out exactly what to say when your time as a head coach is limited with recruits. Winning a couple more games this coming season will help out tremendously when closing time comes back around.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Pruitt was National Recruiter of the Year at FSU. Closing shouldn't be an issue at this point.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Pruitt was National Recruiter of the Year at FSU. Closing shouldn't be an issue at this point.
Who traditionally closes, regardless of ranking?

Edit: He use to get all the time he needed to build relationships as a staff member and would get credit for guys he recruited. As a HC he doesn't get that luxury. His staff has to build those relationships now.

VN Store

Back