'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Not even close. Those 2010 and 2014 classes were great. Some players just couldn't stay healthy or didn't live up to expectations. There's no guarantee any of the guys in this class do either though. Outside of the offensive line this class really isn't that great either. There's no elite pass rushers, corners, receivers, or tailbacks or linebackers. There are some guys with potential. Like Crouch, Gray, Keyton, Harrison, Tank, Harris, and Fields, but saying adding Wright will give us a better class than the 2010 or 2014 class is crazy
How in the hell do you figure crouch isn’t elite? For like 6-8 months he was the #1 recruit in the nation. How isn’t that elite? For that matter why isn’t gray and Keyton?

Not even close. Those 2010 and 2014 classes were great. Some players just couldn't stay healthy or didn't live up to expectations. There's no guarantee any of the guys in this class do either though. Outside of the offensive line this class really isn't that great either. There's no elite pass rushers, corners, receivers, or tailbacks or linebackers. There are some guys with potential. Like Crouch, Gray, Keyton, Harrison, Tank, Harris, and Fields, but saying adding Wright will give us a better class than the 2010 or 2014 class is crazy
We disagree. Nothing about you screams that your opinions determine my sanity level. Didn’t have this level OL class in either of those seasons and Crouch is a generational talent. Embrace the concept of being wrong before the proof smacks you in the face.

Last edited:
Aubrey Solomon, #1 DT and top 5 national player. Savion Williams #1 Juco DT. Gibbs 5* WR/DB. Crouch, 5 months ago was tied for the highest ranking recruit in UT history; he "has potential," but not an "elite tailback or linebacker." I must be crazy to think this class is in the ballpark of 2014. 🤥

Aubrey Solomon, #1 DT and top 5 national player. Savion Williams #1 Juco DT. Gibbs 5* WR/DB. Crouch, 5 months ago was tied for the highest ranking recruit in UT history; he "has potential," but not an "elite tailback or linebacker." I must be crazy to think this class is in the ballpark of 2014. 🤥
I totally forgot about those guys when I posted as well. This class rating is higher than 2014 as well. Only Argument for the 2014 class being better is 32 commits Over 21. But that doesn’t matter since 15 of the 32 left before graduating or going to the nfl

Gibbs cant play until 2020 so he's not really a part of this class. Also he didn't do anything at Georgia if I recall correctly. Also being the #1 JUCO DT doesn't mean he will be successful in college. Solomon totaled 19 tackles in his first 2 seasons at Michigan and Crouch is projected to play LB and has never really played the position before so there's no guarantee he will live up to expectations. There were a lot of flops in the 2014 class don't get me wrong, but Malone, Hurd, Berry, Gaulden, Pearson, McDowell, and Weatherd all made big time contributions and Wharton ended up being solid at Cal, and there won't likely ever be another player that makes the defensive impact Barnett made at Tennessee

Reactions: UTSuave’
Gibbs cant play until 2020 so he's not really a part of this class. Also he didn't do anything at Georgia if I recall correctly. Also being the #1 JUCO DT doesn't mean he will be successful in college. Solomon totaled 19 tackles in his first 2 seasons at Michigan and Crouch is projected to play LB and has never really played the position before so there's no guarantee he will live up to expectations. There were a lot of flops in the 2014 class don't get me wrong, but Malone, Hurd, Berry, Gaulden, Pearson, McDowell, and Weatherd all made big time contributions and Wharton ended up being solid at Cal, and there won't likely ever be another player that makes the defensive impact Barnett made at Tennessee
We won’t know the kind of impact they will have until they’ve been here and played. But based solely off of ratings and potential this class is right there with both 2010 and 2014.
Plus that class was mostly busts. Maybe 10-15 solid players. Barnett of course was truly great.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
That's the weakest s*** I've ever heard. If the only thing stopping a recruit from coming to Tennessee is money we should start paying elite athletes too. It's not though. People don't want to play at Tennessee because we haven't been relevant in nearly 20 years
Not true! Some analysts picked us to win the national championship a couple years ago in Dobbs,Sutton, Reeves Maybin, Kamara, Barnett, senior years! Injuries and bad coaching derailed that! Prior to that we weren’t winning much but it goes to show that a winning season can always be around the corner if you have the right team chemistry and good coaching! They weren’t labeled 5 star caliber players outside of Kamara, but weren’t overachievers either. They were great competitive, character guys without a legitimate SEC coach! Now we have a coach so sit back and stop judging and comparing our situation off of the other teams in our conference. Everybody’s situation is different. Every recruit has his own personal reasons for the school that he chooses. These are CHILDREN whose heads you are trying to get into and figure out what motivates thier decisions! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ROLLER COASTER RIDE!!😂

In the past that was easier with the over signing, and attrition. Wasn't as much as usual and limits in place. Plus comparing Tennessee to other schools involves many other factors; recruiting base, recent history, big splashy hire, team needs, head coaching vision about how to rebuild, past coaches system vs new. Typical recruiting classes that have big ratings lean towards "skill" positions pushing the star rating higher. Pruitt has focused in other areas which has reduced overall rating a bit. If improvement is achieved this upcoming season, ranking will/should improve quite a bit.

Great point on heavy skill vs heavy line classes. Good part here is with Wright Andy Morris, getting some very high rated linemen.

BonyImmediateAkitainu-small.gif

If McDowell and Weatherd were considered big time contributors in a class then it wasn’t that good. 2014 was great on paper but too many guys transferred out for it to be considered good

LMAO.....I hope I never embarrass myself this badly.

Per Average Player rating on 247 this class is better than '10 or '14 without Wright, just FYI btw Gaulden and Berry were good contributors but they were 3 stars so it wasn't like they were huge recruiting wins at the time

Crouch and Harrison are both insane athletes that will be pass rushers. One's ranking was lowered by injuries and one just didnt camp and played out of position in highschool. Burrel was one of the highest CBs on Pruitts board and I'll take his evaluation on DBs over any recruiting service. Fields was a recruiting win over Clemson. Gray is the most decorated high school rusher in tennessee footbal history. WR, DL, and ILB recruiting could have been better but Pickens and Henry T could still sign with us.

You have a couple good points but you bury them in doom and gloom whiney garbage.

We won’t know the kind of impact they will have until they’ve been here and played. But based solely off of ratings and potential this class is right there with both 2010 and 2014.
Plus that class was mostly busts. Maybe 10-15 solid players. Barnett of course was truly great.
I just think that saying this is the greatest class we've had in 10-15 years is a stretch considering none of them have even seen the field. Those 2010 and 2014 classes had a lot of talent though and that 2010 group of offensive linemen and WRs is as good as there has ever been. Plus I think you have to compare our class to our competitions in regards to how good it actually is and 2 of our 3 biggest rivals have top 3 classes and Florida will likely finish above us too

Last edited:
Per Average Player rating on 247 this class is better than '10 or '14 without Wright, just FYI btw Gaulden and Berry were good contributors but they were 3 stars so it wasn't like they were huge recruiting wins at the time
They were both 4 stars on Rivals though

Crouch and Harrison are both insane athletes that will be pass rushers. One's ranking was lowered by injuries and one just didnt camp and played out of position in highschool. Burrel was one of the highest CBs on Pruitts board and I'll take his evaluation on DBs over any recruiting service. Fields was a recruiting win over Clemson. Gray is the most decorated high school rusher in tennessee footbal history. WR, DL, and ILB recruiting could have been better but Pickens and Henry T could still sign with us.

You have a couple good points but you bury them in doom and gloom whiney garbage.
Pickens and To'oto'o ain't coming. This is a decent class, and could end up being the best we've had in a long time, but saying it's better than that 2010 or 2014 class before any of them ever play a down is ridiculous. Those classes had some of the greatest players in school history, and this one is highlighted by 2 linemen and a guy with a history of injuries that will be playing a position he's basically never played before

Four-star linebacker Henry To'oto'o of De La Salle High School in Concord, Calif., named the Vols as one of his three finalists over the weekend, along with Alabama and Washington, as he prepares to announce his decision on Wednesday.

Most sources close to To'oto'o have continued to indicate that Alabama and Washington are believed to be the most likely destinations for To'oto'o, a top-50 prospect nationally. But Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt made an in-home visit Thursday with To'oto'o and his family, and the Vols have remained just enough of a factor that some close to To'oto'o aren't willing to rule them out as contenders.

Tennessee probably should be viewed as an underdog in the three-team race for To'oto'o. But there's still no clear consensus on which school he will choose, and sources close to him believe no final decision has been made at this point.

He and his family will spend the next 24 to 48 hours weighing his options leading up to his announcement. The Vols have continued to battle for him and are likely to stay in contact with him over the next couple of days, and it's still at least a situation worth monitoring down the stretch.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back