Should we give a nickname to the Vandy/Tennessee game?

Seems like some are afraid to admit that’s it a rivalry.

A battle for some kind of anchor would be cool since, you know, Vol Navy vs Commodores

Reactions: Titan05
I like this thread, it's a good read on a frigid January morning. But the only three things we have in common with VD (my name for Vanderbilt) are: both are in Tennessee, both have US Highway 70 run through their campuses, and both are in the SEC. Otherwise, VD folks have just about Zero in common with us. They in no way identify, in fact they deplore, with our Southern culture. Their assumed air of superiority is both individually and collectively nothing but effete snobbery. And since most of their students come to Nashville from out of state and then don't stay here after graduation, it gives them no real competitive base here to support a rivalry. If you happen to go to a VD football game you'll see that their demographics are primarily a few hundred students and then a bunch of old fuds (my age or better) and not much else.
Recently, we've been down and they've been lucky. We must Never dignify their hubris by acknowledging any rivalry. As far a I'm concerned, we ain't brothers, pals or friends. The only thing we need to do is to return to being our historical selves and render them athletically insignificance. They are on the wrong side of history in this series and they know it. This is a series, not a rivalry. There is no rivalry here, they don't deserve the recognition.

Reactions: TNnative
I really hate saying that but its a sad fact.

You and a bunch others don't hate saying it too much, or you wouldn't! You don't have to say anything, you choose too! I think you enjoy it.

You guys are hilarious. Lol. Gave it its on damn thread. Smdh.

Seems like some are afraid to admit that’s it a rivalry.

A battle for some kind of anchor would be cool since, you know, Vol Navy vs Commodores

Wallow in it. Its guys or girls like you that make it a big deal.

Its laughable that you say those that don't want to admit are "afraid". Make a big fuggin deal about it then tell me I'm afraid to admit it and that's proof its a rivalry?

Lol. Gtfo.

Wallow in it. Its guys or girls like you that make it a big deal.

Its laughable that you say those that don't want to admit are "afraid". Make a big fuggin deal about it then tell me I'm afraid to admit it and that's proof its a rivalry?

Lol. Gtfo.
Laugh and cry all you'd like. It won't change the fact that they've beat us 5 of the past 7 years, which obviously upsets you. To me, a rivalry is a matchup that stirs the emotions of a team and it's fans and you'd have a tough time convincing me that a loss to Alabama or Florida upsets our players and fans more than a loss to Vanderbilt. How would you define "rivalry"?

Reactions: Titan05
The trophies for big rivalry games are always some sort of container: a bowl, a cup, a barrel, whatever. So how about we make this one the Piss Bucket?

Laugh and cry all you'd like. It won't change the fact that they've beat us 5 of the past 7 years, which obviously upsets you. To me, a rivalry is a matchup that stirs the emotions of a team and it's fans and you'd have a tough time convincing me that a loss to Alabama or Florida upsets our players and fans more than a loss to Vanderbilt. How would you define "rivalry"?

I never said it wasn't a rivalry.

Lets not give it a name but rather raise the stakes a little... winner of the UT VANDY game gets ownership rights to the other's stadium for the next year until they play again. The only provision is that the winning team is not aloud to actually destroy the other team's stadium.

Or winner gets the choose the uniform (currently used or otherwise) that the losing team must wear in every game until the next meeting.

Takers??

VN Store

Back