Tee Martin job title

It's not a narrative it's just plain facts. He was leaving SC and everybody knew that well before the season was over and you had openings all over the country including here and that wasnt happening.

If he was that respected as an OC he would be an OC

His only legit offer at OC was Vandy or a lower tier. He decided not to take it. If he wants to be an OC he ll have to restart somewhere like that.
But he is an OC apparently. Co-OC. Lmao.

Also he turned down a SEC OC job. The other offers never finalized positions. He had a good shot at a couple more.

No way to spin it like he had no options.

Why are you going so hard to say our CO-OC wasn't wanted? Is that a good thing to you or something? Seems like we should be happy we got someone that others wanted. 😕

Reactions: lexkyvol
But he is an OC apparently. Co-OC. Lmao.

Also he turned down a SEC OC job. The other offers never finalized positions. He had a good shot at a couple more.

No way to spin it like he had no options.

Why are you going so hard to say our CO-OC wasn't wanted? Is that a good thing to you or something? Seems like we should be happy we got someone that others wanted. 😕

He wasnt hired here to be an OC. No need to spin a title. They spent 1.6 on Chaney for a reason.

Yes. He turned down Vandy. That's a far cry from SC. The rest of the interest was in him as a position coach and recruiter which is why hes here. If he had legit OC interest at better jobs he d be wherever that was coming from.

I'm glad hes here, never said otherwise. Hes a great addition to recruiting and coaching players. He is in exactly the role I hoped he would be in.

Not all buyouts are structured the same way. As I recall, when muschamp was DC at Auburn, Florida still had to pay him his full buyout compensation..
Well with any luck we will be filling more seats and winning more bowl games by the time he stops getting money from USC. That will balance the check book rather nicely. Again, assuming that Tee is a good fit and has the offense fired up with Chaney. That is still a big IF.

So Tee is gonna be co-oc and assistant head coach and WR's coach???

Tennessee Vols: Tee Martin's job responsibilities at UT revealed
Lol, that is hillarious. You guys “stole” (your word not ours) our offensive coordinator by making him the highest paid OC. And before he has even called a play he gets demoted to Co-offensive coordinator. Well played guys. I am not aware of what your paying Tee, but I am sure he wasn’t cheap. Y’all better be lights out good on offense with as much as y’all have invested in the OC position. Good luck.

Lol, that is hillarious. You guys “stole” (your word not ours) our offensive coordinator by making him the highest paid OC. And before he has even called a play he gets demoted to Co-offensive coordinator. Well played guys. I am not aware of what your paying Tee, but I am sure he wasn’t cheap. Y’all better be lights out good on offense with as much as y’all have invested in the OC position. Good luck.
We paid him position coach money and USC kicked in the same amount. Fortuitous yet brilliant. Then we give him these titles without actually cutting into Chaney’s control of the offense. Take notes for Kirby...this is how you don’t flub your coaching staff. If Coley actually coordinates worth a shizz, how long before he gets disgruntled making that much less than the OL coach? 😏

Co-OC means Pruitt could see Chaney leaving for a HC job somewhere in the near future and would then likely move Tee up to OC keeping familiarity on staff and having an experienced OC. Smart man if this is so!

All of that for $450,000 a year? That's a steal! Plus, recruiter of the year up his sleeve doesn't hurt. I'm not sure how much USC's buyout comes into play, though.

i said this weeks ago and many disagreed. i knew we could get Tee for cheap because usc still had to pay him. but folks with agendas and narratives.........

Co-OC means Pruitt could see Chaney leaving for a HC job somewhere in the near future and would then likely move Tee up to OC keeping familiarity on staff and having an experienced OC. Smart man if this is so!
Least likely HC candidate ever. Dude’s like Chavis...and maybe Clemson’s Venables at this point. Don’t know how much “experience” Tee gets in this role, but he can learn from a proven OC. The Co-OC and Associate HC are honorary titles. They do advance his resume for future jobs. I could see him as UT’s future HC before him being the future OC.

We paid him position coach money and USC kicked in the same amount. Fortuitous yet brilliant. Then we give him these titles without actually cutting into Chaney’s control of the offense. Take notes for Kirby...this is how you don’t flub your coaching staff. If Coley actually coordinates worth a shizz, how long before he gets disgruntled making that much less than the OL coach? 😏
Lol, yep Pruitt is an innovator. How long before you guys realize, If Kirby had wanted him to stay all we had to do was match. Chaney played the. “They are offering this much, will you match it”? To which Kirby said, “no thanks. It’s been real”. It was far from a flub. Had we wanted to keep him he would still be here. I am willing to bet even Chaney would admit that. But we didn’t and then got you guys to pay his buyout for us. INNOVATIVE.
The reason for Tee is you got stuck with an OC that y’all have already fired once, and who doesn’t recruit AT ALL. Unless it phone calls from his desk. And when Pittman didn’t come with him you went and hired someone to help with the recruiting side of the OC position. So yeah you are paying two guys to do one job. INNOVATIVE.
And the O-line coach you speak of, is who you all really wanted to start with. So the plan was to hire Chaney, and steal Pittman out from under us. The main reason you guys hired Chaney (again) was in hopes that he would bring Pittman with him. And don’t even try and deny that. And I don’t blame you for wanting him. But pruitts plan backfired and you guys ended up with just the boobie prize (Chaney).
Then you had to act like you stole one from us that we were dying to keep. Do a little research. The fan base wanted hi: gone last year. But spin it however makes you feel better. INNOVATIVE, PLEASE.

Lol, yep Pruitt is an innovator. How long before you guys realize, If Kirby had wanted him to stay all we had to do was match. Chaney played the. “They are offering this much, will you match it”? To which Kirby said, “no thanks. It’s been real”. It was far from a flub. Had we wanted to keep him he would still be here. I am willing to bet even Chaney would admit that. But we didn’t and then got you guys to pay his buyout for us. INNOVATIVE.
The reason for Tee is you got stuck with an OC that y’all have already fired once, and who doesn’t recruit AT ALL. Unless it phone calls from his desk. And when Pittman didn’t come with him you went and hired someone to help with the recruiting side of the OC position. So yeah you are paying two guys to do one job. INNOVATIVE.
And the O-line coach you speak of, is who you all really wanted to start with. So the plan was to hire Chaney, and steal Pittman out from under us. The main reason you guys hired Chaney (again) was in hopes that he would bring Pittman with him. And don’t even try and deny that. And I don’t blame you for wanting him. But pruitts plan backfired and you guys ended up with just the boobie prize (Chaney).
Then you had to act like you stole one from us that we were dying to keep. Do a little research. The fan base wanted hi: gone last year. But spin it however makes you feel better. INNOVATIVE, PLEASE.
You trolls and your “research”. 🤣 We got the best candidate out there and your HC tried to match. It’s out there. We didn’t have an OL coaching position available. Keep telling yourself that. You’re having to overpay Pittman because you’re paranoid over the defections. Almost $2 mil for an OL coach! You ******* are pathetic! I don’t consider hiring Chaney as “stealing” from you. He was ours to take. 😎

There's nothing pointing to that being true. Chaney has been an OC for the better part of 2 decades and has had a solid track record for years. If he wanted to be a HC that probably would have already happened by now. Unless Pruitt fails and is fired it wouldnt surprise me if Chaney retires a Vol.

The Co in this case was a shiny title to lure a very good position coach and recruiter.

Reactions: butchna and Behr
He will run the offense. He hasn't been demoted to anything.

It's obvious your not "aware". I'd have left it at that.

Reactions: butchna and Behr

I really appreciate fans from other fan bases keeping Vols straight on a Vol site. Thanks, that is special.

Reactions: butchna
Tee is here to help Chaney with the o period.

He is Co-OC not just a position coach. He will be involved in the gameplanni ng and playcalling.

He has a couple of years when his offense matched Chaney' s best. He has much to add. Chaney and Pruitt gave him titles and responsibilityfor a reason.

The Tee haters are really being exposed in this thread. Pretty sad that some keep trying to downplay him for some reason.

Lol, what in the world. Go make me a sammich, Holly.

Tee is here to help Chaney with the o period.

He is Co-OC not just a position coach. He will be involved in the gameplanni ng and playcalling.

He has a couple of years when his offense matched Chaney' s best. He has much to add. Chaney and Pruitt gave him titles and responsibilityfor a reason.

The Tee haters are really being exposed in this thread. Pretty sad that some keep trying to downplay him for some reason.
If he had " much" to add he would be the OC and not Chaney for the tag he come with. You could have hired Tee for substantially less and had a better recruiting OC. That didnt happen because Chaney is a better OC with a ton of experience that Tee doesnt have.

The moping about "Tee haters" is silly. Nobody hates him. I'm glad we have him. Just the same as I'm glad Chaney is running the offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
If he had "as much" to add he would be the OC and not Chaney for the tag he come with. You could have hired Tee for substantially less and had a better recruiting OC. That didnt happen because Chaney is a better OC with a ton of experience that Tee doesnt have.

The moping about "Tee haters" is silly. Nobody hates him. I'm glad we have him. Just the same as I'm glad Chaney is running the offense.
Everyone agrees Chaney is more experienced and is the better choice for OC.

Stop acting like Tee will be a position coach with the same input as Johnson or Weinke.

I'm also glad Chaney is running the offense and Tee is helping him.

Everyone agrees Chaney is more experienced and is the better choice for OC.

Stop acting like Tee will be a position coach with the same input as Johnson or Weinke.

I'm also glad Chaney is running the offense and Tee is helping him.

The first statement is a fact we can agree on.

The second is not nearly the worry or nearly as relevant as it could have been given the first statement. They hired a guy to coordinate that was well qualified.

The idea that Tee was holding out for the best OC offer didn't pan out.

If Tee embraces the opportunity to learn he could position himself well to replace Chaney if the time comes.

Last edited:
Its entertaing how certain people around here act like everyone has to think "he" (coach or player) has to be the greatest thing since sliced bread just like they do, and in many cases if you don't, you hate that coach or player.

I know its nothing new, but its really noticeable when its slow and there is a coach and a player getting the same type of attention.

VN Store

Back