Should we give a nickname to the Vandy/Tennessee game?

HooahVol

More off season pablum but possibly a fun conversation piece I ask a simple question: Should the UT/Vandy game get it's own name and if so what would you name it?

Before you think I am crazy lets remember this is one of the oldest games in the nation. It is one year older than the Iron bowl with the first match up in 1892 and other than a few years for a little thing called World War II has been played 112 times. Granted most of those 112 times was our beloved Vols beating the snot out of the nerds with a record of 75–33–5 but the last few years have been a little different and I find myself actually wanting to curb stomp those smug little Commodores.

So we have an Iron bowl, an egg bowl, the Red River shootout, the Holy War, The Worlds largest outdoor cocktail party, Backyard brawl, Bedlam, etc. What do we call our game with our brothers out in the Music City?

BTW, I forgot to add my suggestion. I say we call "The Apprentice" bowl because most Tennessee coaches who lose this one hear:

dcc7c9cbf9974fd5b7faae1d84051ac0.jpg

More off season pablum but possibly a fun conversation piece I ask a simple question: Should the UT/Vandy game get it's own name and if so what would you name it?

Before you think I am crazy lets remember this is one of the oldest games in the nation. It is one year older than the Iron bowl with the first match up in 1892 and other than a few years for a little thing called World War II has been played 112 times. Granted most of those 112 times was our beloved Vols beating the snot out of the nerds with a record of 75–33–5 but the last few years have been a little different and I find myself actually wanting to curb stomp those smug little Commodores.

So we have an Iron bowl, an egg bowl, the Red River shootout, the Holy War, The Worlds largest outdoor cocktail party, Backyard brawl, Bedlam, etc. What do we call our game with our brothers out in the Music City?

If this is truly a rivalry again then UT really fricked up this football thing.

The Battle of the Brothers.

Brothers Hell. As far as I am concerned, the area that makes up the Vanderbilt campus is a third world country, and I am awaiting legislature declaring it not a part of the state of Tennessee.

And somebody needs to call Adam Sparks and Joe Rexrode at the Tennessean and clue them in that spotting Vanderbilt fans in East Tennessee is a greater shot in the dark than going out in the woods trying to site a Sasquatch. So, quit trying to act like we should care; WE DON'T!

The only thing giving this legs is the Vols have endured a state of......suckage for the last 13 to 14 years. Just because Vanderbilt has chosen to rise slightly above their usual level of suckage during that time is no reason to make more of it than it is. It ain't worth naming. And this conversation was less fun than my last root canal. Next time you get this bored, go find the medic bus and donate blood. I don't think you are crazy; you just erased all doubt.

Edit: And when you donate blood? ALL OF IT!

Last edited:
You guys are cracking me up. I really did not expect to hit a nerve on this one. I think it is fare to honor such an old game (I did not say rivalry).

I will say there is a lot of talent coming out of Nashville these days. Pruitt needs to get in there and shore that up or Vandy will continue to be more than a road bump.

Reactions: RollerVol
Our Bowl (for TN fans; Vandy actually goes to real bowls occasionally) 420 Bowl (have to be smoking something to want to attend) in a similar vein, Stems & Seeds Bowl (speaks to quality of participants) Meet Your Future Cardiologist Bowl

Brothers Hell. As far as I am concerned, the area that makes up the Vanderbilt campus is a third world country, and I am awaiting legislature declaring it not a part of the state of Tennessee.

And somebody needs to call Adam Sparks and Joe Rexrode at the Tennessean and clue them in that spotting Vanderbilt fans in East Tennessee is a greater shot in the dark than going out in the woods trying to site a Sasquatch. So, quit trying to act like we should care; WE DON'T!

The only thing giving this legs is the Vols have endured a state of......suckage for the last 13 to 14 years. Just because Vanderbilt has chosen to rise slightly above their usual level of suckage during that time is no reason to make more of it than it is. It ain't worth naming. And this conversation was less fun than my last root canal. Next time you get this bored, go find the medic bus and donate blood. I don't think you are crazy; you just erased all doubt.
Maybe call it Candy Crush

You can call it all you want. Just keep the damn number to yourself. Vuck Fanderbilt.
I'm in your court, I freaking despise Vandy more than any other school in the SEC. They rank up there with tOSU, ND, and any Pac 12 wuss ass team.

VN Store

Back