Bracketmatrix

on bracketville, we'd play the Cuse in Rnd 2 and have Michigan, Nevada, and North Carolina in our bracket.

Oh, my bad misread. That is a horrible draw for the #1 overall seed
I don’t think they follow the natural region principle that closely. After the top 4 seeds are bracketed they check for a disparity in strength. They add up the seed order and none of the regions can vary by more than 5. (Ie Vols #1 overall + Michigan #5 + UNC #9 + Syracuse #13 = 28. Then compare to the other regions.

Reactions: The Dog
I don’t think they follow the natural region principle that closely. After the top 4 seeds are bracketed they check for a disparity in strength. They add up the seed order and none of the regions can vary by more than 5. (Ie Vols #1 overall + Michigan #5 + UNC #9 + Syracuse #13 = 28. Then compare to the other regions.
Brutal, tho. What do they call it in soccer, the "Group of Death" or something similar ? That would be the "Region of Death"

Using the current bracketmatrix, I constructed a bracket trying to adhere to the NCAA's bracketing guidlines
Capture.PNG

I can see your bracket working. Tennessee v Texas and Duke v UK are the kind of match ups that “just seem to happen” come tournament time.

Vols #2 in the committee’s first ranking. In the Louisville region. That would be great

Bracket matrix got the top 3 seed lines right, but not the order

Last edited:
Tennessee and Duke w the toughest regions based on overall seed. Gonzaga the easiest. I feel like they could have evened them out better and still maintained their guidelines

VN Store

Back