Jalen Hurd will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL

Dobbs 4 Heisman

I finally got around to watching Hurd's Baylor tape from this past season. I was impressed with him the few times I saw him on TV but all I gotta say after doing a more through review is WOW!!! Jalen Hurd looked so good this year at WR that its almost unbelievable to think he used to be a RB. This guy is so insanely talented. Losing that extra weight really improved his explosiveness. He was always quick for his size, now he's insanely quick even for a receiver. I can't wait to see what he does at the senior bowl and combine. I have a feelings he puts on a show. Jalen Hurd is a freak athlete and should test extremely well.

Just wanted to say this before the hype train starts on him in the lead-up to the 2019 NFL Draft.

Conner isn’t a superstar

He was on pace to shatter all of Le'Veon Bell's career highs this season before that ankle injury against the Chargers late in the season.

If you considered Le'Veon Bell a superstar at any point in his career then James Conner is as well.

I actually do think Jalen Hurd will do well in the NFL. He really can be a multi-faceted weapon. My questions would be more about certain influences around him based on some of the stuff that was coming out around the time he left. Could have just been sour grapes though, who knows.

Reactions: LittleVol
I actually do think Jalen Hurd will do well in the NFL. He really can be a multi-faceted weapon. My questions would be more about certain influences around him based on some of the stuff that was coming out around the time he left. Could have just been sour grapes though, who knows.
My post doesn’t mean I don’t think Jalen Hurd could be a pretty good player in the NFL.

Alvin Kamara and James Conner would beg to say otherwise. I don't really say many players will be a SUPERSTARS. The few I do give that designation to become exactly what I said they would be.
You predicted Alvin would get 1000 yards rushing and receiving this year .. that didn't happen and in fact, he only got one 100 yard rushing game and two 100 yard receiving games. Kid is a helluva player but few will live up to your lofty predictions.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Dobbs is a QB. He has a 20 year career ahead of him. Have some patience. Unlike other positions true greatness at QB takes time.
By this time in 2001, Tom Brady was starting for New England right? It was his second year. 1992, Brett Favre was starting for Green Bay, in his second year. Philip Rivers was starting every game by year 3 (don't see Dobbs starting the 2019 season as the Steelers starting QB). Drew Brees was starting by year two. Luck, Manning and Stafford all started from day ONE. If Dobbs ends up having a Jeff Garcia type career you should be happy with it.

He was on pace to shatter all of Le'Veon Bell's career highs this season before that ankle injury against the Chargers late in the season.

If you considered Le'Veon Bell a superstar at any point in his career then James Conner is as well.

You serious dude? After one season as a starter and a rookie season as a backup you are already touting his "pace" for breaking records? Land of make believe you live in.

You predicted Alvin would get 1000 yards rushing and receiving this year .. that didn't happen and in fact, he only got one 100 yard rushing game and two 100 yard receiving games. Kid is a helluva player but few will live up to your lofty predictions.

You do know that a 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season has only happened TWICE in NFL history. Roger Craig did it in the 1985 and Marshall Faulk in 1999. I said Alvin would do it at one point in his career. I didn't say it would happen every year.

Alvin is still the only player in NFL history with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving in his first 20 career games. He's also scored 32 TDs in his first 2 NFL seasons. So while he's yet to reach my lofty expectations, he's still doing some LEGENDARY stuff.

By this time in 2001, Tom Brady was starting for New England right? It was his second year. 1992, Brett Favre was starting for Green Bay, in his second year. Philip Rivers was starting every game by year 3 (don't see Dobbs starting the 2019 season as the Steelers starting QB). Drew Brees was starting by year two. Luck, Manning and Stafford all started from day ONE. If Dobbs ends up having a Jeff Garcia type career you should be happy with it.

You seem to be forgetting arguably the best QB of all-time. Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Hall of Famer Brett Favre. Most QBs don't start of their career playing behind a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB like Big Ben. Also remember that I compared Dobbs to Randall Cunningham before the draft and he sat for 2 years before becoming a starter.

Dobbs time is coming. I have patience. Maybe you should as well.

You serious dude? After one season as a starter and a rookie season as a backup you are already touting his "pace" for breaking records? Land of make believe you live in.

James Conner was outplaying all of Le'Veon's season highs for most of the season. Were you not paying attention? ESPN kept showing the stats all the time. Its how Conner ended up being the starting RB for the AFC in the Pro Bowl.

You might need to start following the NFL if you're gonna talk about it. James Conner was destroying all of Le'Veon's production until that ankle injury in Week 13. If James had stayed healthy over the final month of the season, he would have had a better season than Le'Veon Bell ever did in Pittsburgh.

I do think Hurd can be very successful in the NFL. I don't see "Superstar" though.

You seem to be forgetting arguably the best QB of all-time. Aaron Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Hall of Famer Brett Favre. Most QBs don't start of their career playing behind a 2-time Super Bowl winning QB like Big Ben. Also remember that I compared Dobbs to Randall Cunningham before the draft and he sat for 2 years before becoming a starter.

Dobbs time is coming. I have patience. Maybe you should as well.

James Conner was outplaying all of Le'Veon's season highs for most of the season. Were you not paying attention? ESPN kept showing the stats all the time. Its how Conner ended up being the starting RB for the AFC in the Pro Bowl.

You might need to start following the NFL if you're gonna talk about it. James Conner was destroying all of Le'Veon's production until that ankle injury in Week 13. If James had stayed healthy over the final month of the season, he would have had a better season than Le'Veon Bell ever did in Pittsburgh.

Maybe you should stop telling me what I should do and start learning how to evaluate QBs .. it isn't your thing by any stretch. Maybe you should start looking at history a little more before trying to predict the future. Also not your thing. You mention two QBs as your comparison yet one, Cunningham, was already starting games by his second season (google much?) taking over for an Eagle legend in Ron Jaworski.
Randall Cunningham Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

And yes, you did predict AK to go 1k rushing and receiving this year and went wild about how we were going to see him become a bell cow RB with Ingram out the first four games. I pay attention to the NFL, just not ESPN's (sorry, BSPN) wild analysis. Further analysis showed that Conner (who I love his running style BTW) had six games, all prior to the Chargers game which you are where he had less than 65 yards rushing. Then you keep touting the injury but he still had 15 carries that game and 14 the game after, the final two games of the year. To finish this, Bell had 860 yards rushing his first season and over 1,300 his second which Conner was on pace for neither. Add in the fact that Bell's second season he went over 2,200 yards from scrimmage and we are back to not in Conner's league yet. Maybe you should do your own research and quit letting BSPN do it for you.

Reactions: KBVol
I do think Hurd can be very successful in the NFL. I don't see "Superstar" though.
I don't know .. he could be that superstar WR and garner a top round pick with a strong combine. Has a Mike Evans body type but the laser 40 times will be the thing people are watching. A 6'4+ kid with a sub 4.5 time would thrust him into the first round most likely too.

I don't know .. he could be that superstar WR and garner a top round pick with a strong combine. Has a Mike Evans body type but the laser 40 times will be the thing people are watching. A 6'4+ kid with a sub 4.5 time would thrust him into the first round most likely too.

He's not running a sub 4.5 40 at the combine, IMO.

That being said, I think with the right team, he could be one of these special utility players, like Aaron Hernandez or Taysom Hill. He should be at least as useful as Cordarelle Patterson. I am a little skeptical of him making a big splash as just a WR, but maybe.

And yes, you did predict AK to go 1k rushing and receiving this year and went wild about how we were going to see him become a bell cow RB with Ingram out the first four games.
My apologies D4H, you predicted AK to go for 1k rushing and receiving next year, not this one but did predict him to for 1750 this year which, well, he barely surpassed last years production. Here are a handful of other D4H doozies to go along with it .. my favorite is when you said "Guice and the UGA backs won't be that good" along with stating AK would be the best RB in the league the next few years. LOL

I don't think Guice or the UGA guys are that good.

Rashaad Penny is ELITE. He's just a step below Saquon Barkley but far ahead of everyone else. He's the clear cut #2 RB in this class and a top 10 overall talent.

He reminds me of Curtis Martin. He's an elite talent IMO.
The Georgia guys and Guice will be solid. I have them rated as 2nd round picks. And according to my rating system, a 2nd round grade on a prospect means I expect them to be a solid starter in the NFL with the potential to make 1-2 pro bowls. Think of Mark Ingram as the protypical 2nd round graded RB according to my scale. He's had a solid NFL career but no one would say he's been a SUPERSTAR.

Guice, Chubb, and Michel will be solid but they won't be SUPERSTARS.

However, John Kelly will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL. I compare him to Priest Holmes. I would draft John Kelly in the first round and take him as the third overall RB in the draft after Saquon Barkley and Rashaad Penny.
You'll look stupid for doubting Alvin. Just like you and everyone else who thought there was a better RB prospect in the 2017 NFL Draft has looked stupid thus far when it comes to doubting Alvin.

Alvin will have 1,750 scrimmage yards and 15 TDs in 2018. Then in 2019, he will explode for 2000+ scrimmage yards and 20 TDs.

Alvin Kamara will be the best RB in the NFL over the next 3 years.
My wins/losses were inbalanced after looking at the overall wins and losses across the whole league. I changed some of my predictions in that division. You'll see I now have the Saints winning 6 games.
My Tampa Bay pick looking genius right now.

I told ya'll they would win the division and New Orleans was in for a down season.
Lotta season left to go. I anticipated a slow start once they named Peterman the starter. Same way I expect the Steelers to have a slow start until Big Ben goes down and Dobbs takes over.

Once Josh Allen is the starter and the schedule lightens up, the Bills will win games. Maybe 9-7 is a little too high. 7-9 is probably more likely. But they're not gonna be an awful team like most think. I doubt they win less than 7 games.

He's not running a sub 4.5 40 at the combine, IMO.

That being said, I think with the right team, he could be one of these special utility players, like Aaron Hernandez or Taysom Hill. He should be at least as useful as Cordarelle Patterson. I am a little skeptical of him making a big splash as just a WR, but maybe.
You may be correct, we shall see .. that said, Evans didn't run a sub 4.5 either if memory serves me correctly

VN Store

Back