Jalen Hurd will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL

FWIW, I don't think I've ever heard a teammate or coach say anything negative about Ricky. I think the only legitimate problem was he didn't follow questionable rules. Dolphins rode his d*** into the dirt. How could the guys around him not love and appreciate him. Most carries over 2 seasons ever and that record will likely stand a long time.
He was ridden hard in college too. Well over 1,000 carries over 4 years.

Ricky is a different guy, although not all of it was purely personality conflicts. He had some well-documented issues with anxiety as well.

He did have that stretch in his career where he seemed less interested in football than experimenting with the medical benefits of marijuana, doing yoga, and learning about acupuncture and world religions - which is fine, but that won't exactly ingratiate you with teammates and coaches. He and Ditka were always going to be like oil and water.

D4h everything is so extreme with you man. You love you some adjectives. Lol. Not talking bad. It’s kinda refreshing. These days most vol fans are much more pessimistic. But to your point I definitely disagree that he’s going to be that great. He’s a very stiff/muscular dude. The guys that excel the most in the nfl seem to be a little bit thinner and agile. Guys mike Michael Thomas, Odb, deandre Hopkins, aj green...they are all build a little more sligh and much quicker/shiftier than Hurd. His best chance at being a great nfl layer would’ve been to bulk up a bit and play te imo

Reactions: Zues1
Thanks, it makes perfect sense that Adrian Peterson’s decline is what allowed Bell to play at a 2,512-yard (NFL record) pace. I had forgotten that other RBs play defense and “make” him get 150 yards a game.

Conner is a good power back, a slightly better Jordan Howard. That’s it. Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey and (especially) David Johnson are all much better than Conner ever will be. Comparing him to Bell is like comparing Derrick Henry to prime Adrian Peterson. It’s not a good look for you.

D4H had so many horrible takes that I had forgotten him saying James Conner was better than Bell and McCaffrey, but I’m glad I reacted appropriately

Except Dobbs right?

He's literally proclaimed that every UT player between '14-17 was "elite." My favorite part is he never admits that he is wrong and just points out the very few times he was correct. He knows that he is wrong but he gets off on the attention which is why he envies Lavar Ball and I'm sure, Trump (not getting political but he says some wild things and never admits wrongdoing).

He's literally proclaimed that every UT player between '14-17 was "elite." My favorite part is he never admits that he is wrong and just points out the very few times he was correct. He knows that he is wrong but he gets off on the attention which is why he envies Lavar Ball and I'm sure, Trump (not getting political but he says some wild things and never admits wrongdoing).

It's probably why he's not here anymore. The sheer weight of wrongness accumulated over time, and his all in take on Dobbs literally becoming the greatest QB (if not player) ever in particular, makes the "I'm a genius talent assessor, everyone else is a fool." shtick untenable.

It's probably why he's not here anymore. The sheer weight of wrongness accumulated over time, and his all in take on Dobbs literally becoming the greatest QB (if not player) ever in particular, makes the "I'm a genius talent assessor, everyone else is a fool." shtick untenable.

Somewhere he is weeping in a corner on what happened with Dobbs. Dobbs' loses his #2 spot to Rudolph, then gets traded to the Jags. Which if he were still here he'd proclaim the Jags now would win mulitple Super Bowls and that's where Dobbs would have his HOF career.....except he's #2 right now behind Uncle Rico who has become a folk hero. And he'll be #3 once Foles is back if they even keep him around.

Meanwhile in Pitt, Big Ben goes down for the season, Rudolph comes in and does well enough, and then the #3 Hodges comes in and is a good enough game manager to lead the team to their second win; and Hodges also has more real game NFL experience than Dobbs has in 3 seasons.

Actually, he downplayed Barnett and he was totally right about him.

Actually, he downplayed Barnett and he was totally right about him.

Eh, Barnett isn't tearing it up in sacks but is top 25 in both combined tackles and and tackles for loss and is actually top 10 in QB hits.

The bigger issue is citing something he was clearly right about is, on balance with the many, many, many predictions he'd made (with great conviction mind you) an absolute outlier. (personally I think his Matt Breida prediction was his best) He'd never be able to come close to balancing his failures against his wins, particularly the one in which he was most invested. (Dobbs)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toujours Pret
Eh, Barnett isn't tearing it up in sacks but is top 25 in both combined tackles and and tackles for loss and is actually top 10 in QB hits.

The bigger issue is citing something he was clearly right about is, on balance with the many, many, many predictions he'd made (with great conviction mind you) an absolute outlier. (personally I think his Matt Breida prediction was his best) He'd never be able to come close to balancing his failures against his wins, particularly the one in which he was most invested. (Dobbs)

That would pretty much make him exactly right about Barnett. He said Barnett had potential to be Michael Bennett, but not an elite game-changing pass rusher.

That would pretty much make him exactly right about Barnett. He said Barnett had potential to be Michael Bennett, but not an elite game-changing pass rusher.

You realize that addressing the first part of my post is .000000000000000000001% as germane to the topic as the 2nd part, right?

You realize that addressing the first part of my post is .000000000000000000001% as germane to the topic as the 2nd part, right?

Who cares? My only point was he got Barnett right. No need to be a broken record about the other stuff.

Who cares? My only point was he got Barnett right. No need to be a broken record about the other stuff.

So you follow up "Who cares?" with making a point of caring enough to point out one of the outliers one could argue he was right about? Interesting approach.

What is happening in your mind right now?

Actually was wondering the same about you. You replied to dcm3w's post with some "Well, there was Barnett." outlier. OK, fine. That example doesn't lessen the gist of his post being accurate which is what brought about my reply to him. And you don't think given your post saying "Who cares?" isn't funny?

If you want to take your victory lap over dcm3w on D4H's behalf by citing Barnett have at it. Maybe his post doesn't score 100% but it still gets an A for overall accuracy.

Actually was wondering the same about you. You replied to dcm3w's post with some "Well, there was Barnett." outlier. OK, fine. That example doesn't lessen the gist of his post being accurate which is what brought about my reply to him. And you don't think given your post saying "Who cares?" isn't funny?

If you want to take your victory lap over dcm3w on D4H's behalf by citing Barnett have at it. Maybe his post doesn't score 100% but it still gets an A for overall accuracy.

I was not trying to argue the gist of the post. For God's sake, it's just a funny observation. That was a weird take for D4H to have, and he got it right. This doesn't mean the greater point is diminished. It's just a thing that was said about a thing that was said on a message board where people talk about things.

D4H's problem wasn't his predictions. I mean he would make a ton of them, and out of 10 he might get 1.5 right or right enough.

His problem is he wouldn't own when he was wrong. He'd either double down on them or act like there was "no way" he could have known (even though he claimed to know football and usually had people telling him beforehand why he'd be wrong). If he had merely just owned up when he was wrong, I doubt many would have a problem with him. But he would act like he was the smartest guy in the room while at the same time hardly getting anything right.

Reactions: VFLBerg
D4H's problem wasn't his predictions. I mean he would make a ton of them, and out of 10 he might get 1.5 right or right enough.

His problem is he wouldn't own when he was wrong. He'd either double down on them or act like there was "no way" he could have known (even though he claimed to know football and usually had people telling him beforehand why he'd be wrong). If he had merely just owned up when he was wrong, I doubt many would have a problem with him. But he would act like he was the smartest guy in the room while at the same time hardly getting anything right.

This x1000. He wasn't anymore wrong than the average poster (which, we're all pretty much batting well below .500 with scouting predictions) he just had a lot of hot takes, was so sure of himself, and was relentlessly in denial.

This x1000. He wasn't anymore wrong than the average poster (which, we're all pretty much batting well below .500 with scouting predictions) he just had a lot of hot takes, was so sure of himself, and was relentlessly in denial.
I'm at around .632 actually, thanks

Like when he predicted UGA would beat Bama going away but still claimed being right because Bama changed quarterbacks?

Like when he predicted UGA would beat Bama going away but still claimed being right because Bama changed quarterbacks?

Yep. And that was after predicting Tennessee would win the National Championship and before the Georgia game he doubled down that UT would destroy Georgia (Georgia won 41-0). And the day after is when he claimed Georgia would win the NC, and then said it was his ACTUAL pick all along. And then when they lost to Alabama, yes he claimed he was actually right because "how could I know Alabama would change QBs?"

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back