'19 CA LB Henry To'oto'o (Tennessee Signee)

Start with the cadence you would use to say:
"DeSoto"

Okay, now add a stressed long O sound to the end, i.e.

DeSoto-Oh

Now replace the DeS with the number 2.

2-oto-Oh

Does that make sense?

Edit: it might be "toe" instead of "2," but I'm pretty sure I stressed the right syllables.

tenor.gif

Seriously, I think that's a great explanation. Not that anyone is ever going to say it right, but it won't be your fault :)

Start with the cadence you would use to say:
"DeSoto"

Okay, now add a stressed long O sound to the end, i.e.

DeSoto-Oh

Now replace the DeS with the number 2.

2-oto-Oh

Does that make sense?

Edit: it might be "toe" instead of "2," but I'm pretty sure I stressed the right syllables.
Half of VN trying to understand this....
9187bad8-ef3f-4b08-a2da-994974f7f60d.gif

Yes, and thanks for the reply.

So you're saying (no pun intended):
two oh' two Oh'
or
two Oh' two oh'

OR, per your edit:
toe oh' toe Oh'
or
toe Oh' toe oh'

I think you're pointing to the first one.
It sounds like two stressed syllables with the desoto+long o reference.

Disclaimer: this is how a friend of mine who's mom is Hawaiian pronounced it. So I'm just passing it along. I don't want to act like I'm an expert or anything.

Anyways, I think it's 2 stressed syllables, being the 2nd and 4th o. But, the 4th o should have the most emphasis.

2-Oh'toe(together, like "moto")-OH'

Disclaimer: this is how a friend of mine who's mom is Hawaiian pronounced it. So I'm just passing it along. I don't want to act like I'm an expert or anything.

Anyways, I think it's 2 stressed syllables, being the 2nd and 4th o. But, the 4th o should have the most emphasis.

2-Oh'toe(together, like "moto")-OH'

two-oh'-toe-Oh'

kinda like 2ohtoeoh i think?

I have seen two taped interviews with HT from the same guy, who seems to know him very well (not sure what the interviewers name is); but, he pronounced Henry's last name Toe-uh-toe-uh. Both interviews were on DLS campus during the season, right after practice.

Reactions: mrmax86

VN Store

Back