'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

Then the Duke 247 mod doesn't know because he is who said Duke was no longer interested. Jc shuburtt retweeted it

I said Cutcliffe is interested. Not that Kendall is. Obviously he’s looking at other options. And BOT, you told me I was wrong on Crouch as well.

Does the BIG12 have different Grad Transfer rules than the SEC??
I read through the twitter thread and apparently they do. The NCAA allows you to block players for one year. The Big 12 follows the NCAA. The SEC has their own rule where you can be eligible immediately even against conference opponents. I dont think they can block him coming here because we dont play for two years.

Bad PR move for OU. Not a good look. I would think some media will have a field day with this. Will probably be pressured to let him play.
You would think so considering they are taking a grad transfer that is not forced to sit out a year.

And if JG gets hurt, we're left with zero experience at the QB position. I'd take AK in a heartbeat. I bet he would give JG a very good run for his money and may even Dethrone him. He's also studied in the same QB room with two different Heisman winners for the past 2 years.
Had a vastly experienced Grad transfer last year....what’d that do for us? Did he do even one thing that made a difference in terms of being competitive or winning a game last year that McBride couldn’t have done? Answer is no. We could’ve rolled McBride out there vs Florida, Bama and Missouri and lost just the same, like we did with Chryst.

No, save the scholarship for a true position of need rather than wasting one again. Let Chaney coach up Sophomore Shrout and 4 star freshman Maurer and let’s go.

Reactions: Sleegro
So, what would have happened when JG got knocked out those 2 games? Chryst was a capable backup.
He was? Define “capable”. What did he do in either of those games that McBride couldn’t have done. Pretty sure that if we’d have run McBride out there, he could’ve played just as well in those 37 and 33 point blowout losses.

Reactions: Sleegro
I kind of get where you're coming from, but they are two different players and we need an experienced backup QB. AK played behind two Heisman winners, while we have a RS Frosh in Shrout and a 3* True Freshman in Maurer. I'd like to have another experienced QB behind JG, just in case. JMO
Had a vastly experienced Grad transfer last year....what’d that do for us? Did he do even one thing that made a difference in terms of being competitive or winning a game last year that McBride couldn’t have done? Answer is no. We could’ve rolled McBride out there vs Florida, Bama and Missouri and lost just the same, like we did with Chryst.

No, save the scholarship for a true position of need rather than wasting one again. Let Chaney coach up Sophomore Shrout and 4 star freshman Maurer and let’s go.

I kind of get where you're coming from, but they are two different players and we need an experienced backup QB. AK played behind two Heisman winners, while we have a RS Frosh in Shrout and a 3* True Freshman in Maurer. I'd like to have another experienced QB behind JG, just in case. JMO
Doesn't matter. Thankfully, he gone.

Yeah who would want a great QB prospect. When he lights it up at WVU and our QB is doing the same ole same ole get back to me

I think Kendall is a great prospect is all and is ready to explode. And under Chaney he would been perfect. His ability to read defenses, accuracy, arm strength and mobility would have made us a threat next season.
So did we not go after him, or did he not want to come here?

VN Store

Back