The Golf Thread

I jarred one straight in the hole a couple years ago from about 90 yards and had eagled the par 5 right before with about a 5 foot putt. Definitely the best 2 hole stretch ever for me.
My longest hole out was from 197 on our #1 handicap hole, a long, uphill par 4. I believe I have had 3 from over 125 in my life. All were on uphill holes, and I didn't see any of them go in. Maybe somebody was hiding nearby and put them in the hole. They were all really well hit shots though. No scrapes.

Reactions: Rishvol and C-south
Odd thing about my hole outs from over 100 yards... 2 of them have been low hooking recovery shots from the trees.
That's even better than from the fairway!!!!!

I posted a while back, but my longest hole out was from 240 ish.......................................................................for a Par on a par 5!:eek:

Reactions: Guest
That's even better than from the fairway!!!!!

I posted a while back, but my longest hole out was from 240 ish.......................................................................for a Par on a par 5!:eek:
About 50+ years ago, my brother and I used to kid each other when we missed a short putt for par on a par 4 hole. My brother had heard one of the old guys compliment another on making 5, by saying "nice 5, Sandel", and he meant it. The man's last name was Sandel with the accent on the last syllable, like San Delle. My brother would always say that in a sarcastic voice, so ..................….nice 5, Sandel.

Reactions: peaygolf
About 50+ years ago, my brother and I used to kid each other when we missed a short putt for par on a par 4 hole. My brother had heard one of the old guys compliment another on making 5, by saying "nice 5, Sandel", and he meant it. The man's last name was Sandel with the accent on the last syllable, like San Delle. My brother would always say that in a sarcastic voice, so ..................….nice 5, Sandel.
Always love getting random sayings through something like that

Always love getting random sayings through something like that
When I was in college, we were in a playoff vs Lipscomb for a team title. 4/5 of their guys snapped their tee shots and hit trees which kicked their balls out into the fairway (they went on to win) We and some others started yelling "Lipscomb" whenever we hit one into the trees. Still do.
Years later, I'm playing in a mini-tour event in Fla. Guy I'm playing with blocks one into the trees and yells,"Lipscomb." I asked where he was from. He said "New York"
Weird game we play.o_O

Reactions: Rishvol
Also....Real fat dude that lived in our dorm at The Peay was named Toby. I laid sod over a shot pitch in practice one day and said, "Fatter than Toby's a$$"

All of us still say it.......

Reactions: 1972 Grad
When I was in college, we were in a playoff vs Lipscomb for a team title. 4/5 of their guys snapped their tee shots and hit trees which kicked their balls out into the fairway (they went on to win) We and some others started yelling "Lipscomb" whenever we hit one into the trees. Still do.
Years later, I'm playing in a mini-tour event in Fla. Guy I'm playing with blocks one into the trees and yells,"Lipscomb." I asked where he was from. He said "New York"
Weird game we play.o_O
When I was in college, we played a tournament somewhere in NC and I'll never forget my playing partner from Lipscomb. He looked about 40, had a receding hairline and was named Frank. It was really foggy that day and the joke that day was that Frank was going to trick one of us into following him into the woods and expose himself.

From then on, whenever one of us saw a creepy looking guy, he was immediately referred to as Frank Lipscomb.

What are everybody's thoughts on "nice guy" Matt Kuchar paying a poor Mexican caddie only $3,000 after winning $1.296 million in a tournament in Mexico. The guy substituted for Kuchar's regular caddie, and instead of the customary 10% ($129,600), Kuchar gave him 3 grand. Kuchar had the chance to change the man's life, and chose to pocket the money. Like he needs it with over $45 million in career earnings, plus endorsements.

What are everybody's thoughts on "nice guy" Matt Kuchar paying a poor Mexican caddie only $3,000 after winning $1.296 million in a tournament in Mexico. The guy substituted for Kuchar's regular caddie, and instead of the customary 10% ($129,600), Kuchar gave him 3 grand. Kuchar had the chance to change the man's life, and chose to pocket the money. Like he needs it with over $45 million in career earnings, plus endorsements.
Hasn't Kuch refuted that story? I personally find it hard to believe.

That was what I heard today from a man that owns a golf shop here. Some Senior Tour player was the first to mention it. I can't remember his name. Gillis???
I know Tom Gillis called out Ben Crane for an unpaid debt once......

Kip tweeted that he wondered who would be the first man to identify as a woman in order to play in the Augusta Ladies Invitational. LOL!

VN Store

Back