'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

We dropped him for a reason.

They went head to head at a ton of camps and JG was known to have the better arm and be the better prospect.

Everyone was happy when he decomitted and we were getting JG.

Why would anyone think Kendall is better? His 30 something passes?
Butch thought JG was better. We know how bad his evaluation is.

Dropped him because JG was better. JG is still better.

The worse guy, with a weaker arm, who has thrown 30 passes in three years is not the answer. Lmao

Every Starting QB in the SEC or Big 12 the past 2 years are better than JG on gameday.

Kendall dropped us. And then proceeded to sit behind 2 Heisman winners at OU

Whatever. As I've said many times...You don't have to play "Lights Out" to beat Jarret Gaurantano...

He is one of the worst QBs ever to start for UT, based off wins and losses.

They went head to head at a ton of camps and JG was known to have the better arm and be the better prospect.

You will be shown this fall

Reactions: FLVOL_79
He will probably throw more touchdown passes this year than JG has thrown in his whole career here. That’s usually how it works.

Because he will probably have a much better OL. I mean we didnt even have an OL that could beat out Drew Richmond for a starting spot. We didnt have an OL good enough for LT so our AA guard had to play out of position.

Reactions: igotworms
Every Starting QB in the SEC or Big 12 the past 2 years are better than JG on gameday.

Whatever. As I've said many times...You don't have to play "Lights Out" to beat Jarret Gaurantano...

"based on wins and losses" lol

Like saying Bray sucked in 2012 because we went 5-7.

Check the qbr kid!

He will probably throw more touchdown passes this year than JG has thrown in his whole career here. That’s usually how it works.

More evidence of mental incapacity - td/attempts would be a reasonable ratio - but raw TDs is silly. We barely threw last year...119th nationally last year in attempts with 5 teams below us being triple option teams.

Kids, this is your brain on dumb.

I hope the coaching staff, at the very least, kicks the tires with Kendall.

I think he would be a good addition to the team and he would be immediately eligible. If he beats out Guarantano, it is because he’s better and our team improves. If he doesn’t, he takes up a scholarship and gives UT a quality backup.

The criticisms of him not starting at OU is just dumb. There is quite simply no shame in getting beat out by Baker Mayfield, a Heisman winner and who is lighting it up in the NFL now, or Murray, the Heisman winner and a player who had one of the statistically great seasons in college history. Maybe he’s better than Guarantano and maybe he’s not but the only way to see is bring him and let him compete.

I also think the Guarantano hate is also pretty dumb. He played pretty well with a porous OL. He improved a lot. I do think he didn’t do his OL any favors with his reads but he was better than the year before for sure.

All in all, adding Kendall is unlikely to hurt us and very likely would help us. Of course, this seems totally hypothetical as there is no evidence there’s any interest by any party right now let alone mutual interest. I would like to see it though.

Check the qbr kid!
You’ve gotta take into account who you’re replying to. This is the guy who spent last offseason talking about all the 3 RB sets we’d see and how Jordan Allen was 6’6 255 and would be murdering SEC QBs in the fall. Once tried to insinuate that he was Leonard Little so people would take his ridiculous opinions seriously. Not a very bright dude.

Reactions: Lt. Nordberg

Check the qbr kid!

I mean how in the hell can you even mention JG in the same breath at Bray? Dear Lord some of you JG pumpers are incredibly blinded by bias.

I mean how in the hell can you even mention JG in the same breath at Bray? Dear Lord some of you JG pumpers are incredibly blinded by bias.
I think he’s just pointing out that judging a starting QB purely by wins can be misleading.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, after all. And he wasn’t great at all.

I hope the coaching staff, at the very least, kicks the tires with Kendall.

I think he would be a good addition to the team and he would be immediately eligible. If he beats out Guarantano, it is because he’s better and our team improves. If he doesn’t, he takes up a scholarship and gives UT a quality backup.

The criticisms of him not starting at OU is just dumb. There is quite simply no shame in getting beat out by Baker Mayfield, a Heisman winner and who is lighting it up in the NFL now, or Murray, the Heisman winner and a player who had one of the statistically great seasons in college history. Maybe he’s better than Guarantano and maybe he’s not but the only way to see is bring him and let him compete.

I also think the Guarantano hate is also pretty dumb. He played pretty well with a porous OL. He improved a lot. I do think he didn’t do his OL any favors with his reads but he was better than the year before for sure.

All in all, adding Kendall is unlikely to hurt us and very likely would help us. Of course, this seems totally hypothetical as there is no evidence there’s any interest by any party right now let alone mutual interest. I would like to see it though.
His lack of experience is a fact...qualified or not. It’s not a slight to consider him unproven in any capacity.

Yeah... he was so bad that his "backup plan" was OU rather than playing for Butch Jones?

Your consistent. Consistently delusional... consistently making things up... but consistent.

Now I suppose you have PROOF JG outperformed in all these head on head camps?

VN Store

Back