5 reasons for concern with Chaney

The real key is the offensive line, if it isn't any better than it was last year, it's not going to matter much. I think we'll get slow but steady improvement, that's what Chaney did here before and most everywhere else he's been.

lol same stuff, new coach. Some never learn that sometimes the best views are not from within, but from the outside, unbiased viewers.
LOL so please quote some of the outside unbiased viewers that back up any of your dumbsh_t assertions about how mediocre Chaney is. Please.

Dude, you're so full of crap with some of this stuff. Do you just pull this crap outta thin air? The "we" in your sentence should be "I believe", though you'd still be wrong. Please, please give us one example of anyone of consequence ever stating that "He'd only succeed with talent." Or some kind of proof to back up any of these absurd assertions that you come up with. Your overt bashing of the guy is getting old.

Then I guess "we" is me and the writer and most other objective eyes. Look at history and be honest with yourself. If not, that's on you for ignoring the evidence.

Recent history:
Less-medium talent - Vols 2009-11, Ark 13-14, Pitt = ZERO offenses of 30+ ppg

High talent - 2012 Vols, UGA 2014-2016 = 3 great offenses, 1 bad (2014 UGA, but this gets a pass due to FR QB and most other skill guys, elite RBs though).

So what recent offense was great without a crazy amount of talent?

Then I guess "we" is me and the writer and most other objective eyes. Look at history and be honest with yourself. If not, that's on you for ignoring the evidence.

Recent history:
Less-medium talent - Vols 2009-11, Ark 13-14, Pitt = ZERO offenses of 30+ ppg

High talent - 2012 Vols, UGA 2014-2016 = 3 great offenses, 1 bad (2014 UGA, but this gets a pass due to FR QB and most other skill guys, elite RBs though).

So what recent offense was great without a crazy amount of talent?
Dude give it up. You and maybe two or three other nimrods are like-minded when it comes to Chaney. But hey, your some anonymous poster on a forum that is the uber expert and all the professional pundits are simply wrong. Again who are these other objective eyes of consequence that you speak of?

Dude give it up. You and maybe two or three other nimrods are like-minded when it comes to Chaney. But hey, your some anonymous poster on a forum that is the uber expert and all the professional pundits are simply wrong. Again who are these other objective eyes of consequence that you speak of?

Why so butthurt someone thinks Chaney is just alright? Does it shatter your belief reinforcement bubble? You think he's great, I think he's fine, why care so much? Calling me a nimrod? How scary your belief-defense is that it must call others by name if your dogma is attacked in any way. Yikes, let's be respectful adults.

Will it matter if media disagrees with you? You'd dismiss any view unlike yours. You think you know better, so you block out all criticism. It's basic confirmation bias. You just read 5 critiques and literally deny all of them.

But if you just need something, anything, I remember Rivals Mike tweeted some things out about Chaney being alright, not great, and questioning how he'd do without UGA's talent. Few other media said similar when it broke.

Here's an article I did read going over past stop of Chaney's, covering their media's thoughts on him. Rucker was positive, but Pitt and Arky had concerns. Neither seemed to fight hard to keep him.
Opposing views: What Georgia is getting in Chaney

Enjoy brother

But, also, you didn't answer my question, you sidestepped. Where is his recent great offense with less than great talent? This is my point. I've shown evidence for this belief and you have no evidence of yours, just feelings. That's fine fwiw.

But, also, you didn't answer my question, you sidestepped. Where is his recent great offense with less than great talent? This is my point. I've shown evidence for this belief and you have no evidence of yours, just feelings. That's fine fwiw.
You haven't shown crap dude. Not a single credible thing. The few quotes or summations that you have provided equals to less than 1% of everything out there. I don't have to prove anything because anyone with an unbiased agenda can look at his body of work and come to the same conclusion that 95% of the members here and the media has in that he is a home run hire for this program. No matter how hard you try to change that narrative its still the same.

Chaney falls
Cheney has stroke
Cheney has heart attack
Cheney leaves no food for the players/coaches
Cheney eats our best players

I think this anti-Cheney article is a little over-stated. He wasn't the best OC out there, but I think his past record is not nearly as bad as this article states. I think he will be respectable, given a little time to get his system in place. GBO.

I’m excited about the hire. About as good as you can find as far as previous success and experience, plus he’s already done well at Tennessee.

I reckon I got a little redneck in me cause I substituted was, for were. Is at aight? Forgive me, SIR, but you've got to get over yourself cause, ( Yes, I say cause instead of because) a majority of your posts are of you just trying to insult others. So get off your high horse, you narcissistic pompous terd
So English isn't your primary language, right?

This article is stupid.
If Chaney was micromanaged everywhere, then that’s exactly 1 reason why he came on board. Yeah some OC don’t mind being micromanaged I guess.
Also, if this was true about where he went then you can’t say crap about the playcalling. ... cause you know, maybe it wasn’t his call

I'm more concerned about someone posting this stuff. I can't believe how many on here depend so much on what some writer has to say.

I am more of a 5 reasons for optimism kinda guy. I guess bad news sells though.

This.

Plus, at least Fulmer is opening the checkbook to give Pruitt a chance. Getting our coordinators salaries to a competitive level is long over due.

To beat the best, you have to pay like the rest.

UGA's offense is what Pruitt wants, eventually. Balanced between power and finesse. Chaney drove the UGA vehicle very well. Alabama's defense, from 2 years ago, is what JP wants. JP drove that vehicle very well. Both are great recruiters and talent developers. Coach Fulmer loves UT, and understands what it takes to win, and maintain success. I think we are "Golden". I'd still love to see more UT Alumni in the staff. But, I am excited for the future of The Tennessee Volunteer Football!! Go Vols!!

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
So English isn't your primary language, right?
I'm a properly educated Ga boy, but
I speak Southern. And I choose to text the way I takk. I dunno about you, but aint nobody around here that says isn't. We say yall, fixin to, aint. But I wouldn't expect no man with a lap dog in his avi, who worries about how southern people talk on a message board to understand that

-Anyone who isn't a Tennessee fan (objectivity): "This article makes some pretty good points".

-Tennessee fans (subjectivity): "Garbage article".

It's always easy to be sensitive and defensive. But it's not that hard to be honest with oneself if one simply makes an attempt. Critique can be a great thing towards self-improvement. Or, it can make evident one's most insecure attributes.

Regardless of the article, I'm happy with the Chaney hire. Article does make some decent points, but not enough to alarm me or turn me against the hire.
So you didn’t read the article, or you haven’t been able to do actual research about Chaney huh?

UGA's offense is what Pruitt wants, eventually. Balanced between power and finesse. Chaney drove the UGA vehicle very well. Alabama's defense, from 2 years ago, is what JP wants. JP drove that vehicle very well. Both are great recruiters and talent developers. Coach Fulmer loves UT, and understands what it takes to win, and maintain success. I think we are "Golden". I'd still love to see more UT Alumni in the staff. But, I am excited for the future of The Tennessee Volunteer Football!! Go Vols!!
With you on the talent development...Chaney’s never been a noted recruiter.

Reactions: Devo182
I'm a properly educated Ga boy, but
I speak Southern. And I choose to text the way I takk. I dunno about you, but aint nobody around here that says isn't. We say yall, fixin to, aint. But I wouldn't expect no man with a lap dog in his avi, who worries about how southern people talk on a message board to understand that
That ain't no dog there Jethro. That's my 6th grade skool pickcher. Try again Jethro

So, the article basically concludes that if you ignore all of his positive career accomplishments and, instead, attribute them to someone else, then there is reason to be concerned about the Jim Chaney hire. :eek:
I know, right? imagine that...Chaney is wildly successful, but has to have other people help him along the way. I'd say alot of successful folks in and out of sports are like that...

VN Store

Back