Lady Vols vs. Kentucky Game Thread

Our team is too soft. They make a mistake, there are no repercussions, no discipline so the same mistakes will be made until Holly can put her big pants on and get this team in check. I really wish she would. Can’t change her personality she is.

What a coach does in moderation their players will do in excess.
If I don't grow in "gamesmanship" my players won't grow in gamesmanship.

Many times in my coaching span, I have let my assistants call full games.
I know this is taboo in college,,,but why?
Sometimes you can learn in watching,
what you can't in doing.

Gordon, Anosike, Lockwood....I'd love to see em call a game.
Coach J....
I can be there tomorrow

Reactions: ksl415
What a coach does in moderation their players will do in excess.
If I don't grow in "gamesmanship" my players won't grow in gamesmanship.

Many times in my coaching span, I have let my assistants call full games.
I know this is taboo in college,,,but why?
Sometimes you can learn in watching,
what you can't in doing.

Gordon, Anosike, Lockwood....I'd love to see em call a game.
Coach J....
I can be there tomorrow

I’d love to see Gordon call a game!

No Westbrook should start but i would like her to clean up her game. Right now she is forcing the action and it`s not working. I remember when CP was pressing the action not sure who it was against. But anyway and at time out Pat let her have it and told her to sit down and CP responded after that. I think getting Rae more mins would help this team. This team is not built like ND, UConn where they can play only 5-6 players.

That’s right. She def has potential. But man too many forced shots, I feel like she felt she needed to step up and try and score. A lot of her passes are ill advised. I’m shocked a lot of players are not use to her passes. C Green fumbled a pass made into the post while she was driving. What I love about E is she is not afraid to mix it up. I wish Rennia was that way. She loses the ball so easy!

My one complaint against the coaching staff is that this team does not play with intelligence when handling the ball. 35 percent and 39 percent field goal shooting in the last two games mainly because we take quick and terrible shots. A lot of off balance shots and fail to find the open player way to often. The lack of intelligence also seems to extend to the defensive side of the ball as we fail to keep pressure on the one or two players, three point shooters that can actually hurt you in a game. We'll see how they defend against Connally the best and almost only three point threat on the Georgia team. Letting her get open shots will be a great way for us to get our third defeat in a row. On offense we'll see if were gonna make intelligent decisions with the ball or continue poor high risk passing and terrible off balance wild shooting.

Reactions: jonson
No matter who starts and no matter the youth or age of this team, how in the world do you come out of the gate this thoroughly mentally unprepared and unfocused after what just happened in the previous game? I never really see lack of effort with this team (unlike several recent LV teams) just wildly unfocused, unorganized effort

Every game is like the first time they've ever stepped on the court. Nothing learned in games or practices, experience apparently never an ongoing factor, development over time of veteran players non-existent (sorry looking at you MeMe). All of this screams bad coaching to me.

Yeah. I always think about Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates. By the fourth quarter they've figured things out a bit, after the game they all recognize and discuss what they did wrong. Then they seem to forget it all when the ball tips for the next game.

Reactions: glv98
I get what you're saying. We know that coaches like Geno, Muffet, Vic, Jeff, etc... have high standards. I remember a NCAA tournament game a few years back where Louisville was playing, and Shook had a bad turnover with a careless pass. Jeff called a time out, and when Kylie walked over to him he said (with a very calm demeanor, arms crossed over chest), "What the f*** was that?". Then he repeated it. Point taken.

The thing is we don't know about Holly. You don't see her light into players when they make mistakes, so what feedback does Evina or Meme get? Is Holly's viewpoint that they're gonna push pace and sometimes it will be sloppy with turnovers, and that's ok? If so, you can't fault Evina/Meme if they do just that. I'd rather see her teach the experienced players how to value possessions as opposed to expecting less talented players to instinctively know what they think the coach wants, even if she never communicated it.

I get your point my point is those coaches aren’t afraid to sit their stars down if they aren’t performing well (doing what is asked of them) , Holly will only sit them if hey have 2 quick fouls, no player should be above being benched

I get your point my point is those coaches aren’t afraid to sit their stars down if they aren’t performing well (doing what is asked of them) , Holly will only sit them if hey have 2 quick fouls, no player should be above being benched

Thank You ! and that`s a big problem

She did that to Diamond, Ariel, Meighan and Te'a a lot, so she's shown she's willing to pull the trigger. But maybe only to players she wasn't pals with, because there were many, many times that she should have been sending Jordan, Andraya, Cierra or Evina to the pine yet she keeps them in the game...

VN Store

Back