Lady Vols vs. Kentucky Game Thread

27% from the floor, 0% from three, 55% from the free throw line. 10-37 from the field for the first half. The only thing keeping Tennessee in sniffing distance is their having outrebounded Kentucky 33 to 17, but a lot of that also comes from the 19 offensive rebounds generated by missing so many shots within 4 feet of the bucket. I wish I could write something here that would make this seem better than it does.

Reactions: Sportslady
First off if your gonna play man to man you don't have Collins guarding a point guard on the perimeter. She can't guard her not Collins fault she does not have the speed a total mismatch in kentucky's favor. Not guard Morris early was a killer. They started using MeMe and Jasmine on her and she couldn't get the shots. Want matter unless we start shooting the ball will have to shoot 45 percent or close to it in this game to win. That means we need to shoot over 50 in this next two quarters.

I think were finding out you must have a half court offense in the SEC. It is fine to push it down the court against the weaker teams, but when you get into the SEC you have to be able to shoot from the perimeter and work the defense for an open shot that you have to make.

Reactions: Sportslady
Free throws, passes, shooting, spacing on the floor, movement on offense, standing around on defensive rebounds, lay-ups - what have I missed that looks like a jr varsity team? What would they look like with Rick Barnes as coach for one week?

You missed where they roll around on the floor as the ball squirts amongst em. But that's more like Upperward Basketball down at the church gym. Please let lightening have struck, a Damascus Road moment to have occurred in that locker room at halftime

VN Store

Back