Will the SEC be shocked soon about the Vols?

OD I love the optimisim. I really hope everything you oredict comes true. But if you really just sit back and pay attention to the bowl games and playoffs, you can clearly see how far we are from being even a competitive lower tier bowl team. Its going to take years just to even get to the point of making a decent bowl game.

We arent winning an East title in at least the next 4-5 years. Until Saban retires there will be no SEC tile. I am by no means one who has given up. I just feel that we have fallen so far back and other teams have moved forward that to climb out of this hole will take a long time. I believe this TN team is easily on a 5-6 year rebuild right now. Nobody in the SEC even remotely fears us. As a matter of fact its just the opposite. Vandy, Missouri and South Carolina can now do with us what we do with UF, UGA and Bama. Us TN fans can count UF, UGA and Bama as automatic losses before every season starts. Now Vandy Mizzou and SC can count us as automatic wins.
Predicting that we won't win a east title in 4 or 5 years is stretching. Not saying we will but it can be done quicker. Other than uga there isn't anybody in the east that says dominance and don't give me florida either, they have had struggles. All I am saying is things change and to say it will be 5 years or longer has no merit one way or the other. Many variables and intangibles that go into winning, things sometime take a while to change and then wham they change quickly. And counting wins and losses before the year starts never works in this league, you got to grind and work and not cry and think woe is me like a lot of fans. Feeling sorry for ourselves isn't getting us back. Recruiting and working out and getting coached up will, if you want success you have to work for it. This coach is getting the coaches and players that are willing to do just that. GBO!

Absolutely, and here is why. There appears that some vol fans have given up, and it is proof on this website. Other sec fans from other teams are kind of paying attention to us, but really not, because they think we aren’t going to be any good for a long time, no matter what we do, and they just brush us off. Well, I’m here to tell you and those other fans a little different story, as I see it getting better and the climb out of the doldrums are unfolding slowly in front of our eyes, even though most people doesn’t see it that way. Fans from Florida, Georgia, and anywhere else in the sec better start taking notice, because Pruitt and company isn’t going to lay down without a fight in 2019. They didn’t come here to lay down either, and that is what is going to be a shock to other teams this year. If Kirby Smart is going to win a national championship, it better be soon, because we are coming and we will block him from doing so, along with Mullen. I think we are going to put teams on notice in 2019, and beyond, and Pruitt is just now beginning. We are coming, and no one can stop us.

Its happening! We are now on our way to another strong 8-4, 9-3, 10-2 type offseason!

Reactions: Titan05 and Devo182
If the Pruitt hire washes out I doubt Coach Fulmer will have much to say about the next one.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure @ that. It wasn't like Phil was handed keys to a Bugatti when he chose this hire. More like a rusted out 77' Camaro. He may get some grace if Jeremy doesn't pan out.

The Bugatti keys were handed to the new women's BB coach.

Absolutely, and here is why. There appears that some vol fans have given up, and it is proof on this website. Other sec fans from other teams are kind of paying attention to us, but really not, because they think we aren’t going to be any good for a long time, no matter what we do, and they just brush us off. Well, I’m here to tell you and those other fans a little different story, as I see it getting better and the climb out of the doldrums are unfolding slowly in front of our eyes, even though most people doesn’t see it that way. Fans from Florida, Georgia, and anywhere else in the sec better start taking notice, because Pruitt and company isn’t going to lay down without a fight in 2019. They didn’t come here to lay down either, and that is what is going to be a shock to other teams this year. If Kirby Smart is going to win a national championship, it better be soon, because we are coming and we will block him from doing so, along with Mullen. I think we are going to put teams on notice in 2019, and beyond, and Pruitt is just now beginning. We are coming, and no one can stop us.

We will be better, but I think we will be no better than 3rd in the East. MAYBE we best Georgia with them playing here and losing so many players to transfer and NFL. Maybe they do worse than Chaney with their next OC. But Mullen (who while I like Pruitt and root for him, Tennessee should have quickly hired) has Florida ROLLING and our line was the worst line in CFB last year. I think Florida returns a lot of players. We also lost three DL. The trenches are the most important part of the game. I don’t see us overcoming that in one year.

Reactions: Devo182
So what exactly has happened since the end of last season that gives anyone the idea that people will be shocked anytime soon about the Vols? Oh maybe it’s the 7 th best recruiting class in the SEC?

Because TN is a football school. The basketball team traditionally isnt very good.

Not anymore! TBA is a very intimidating place to play now--far more intimidating than Neyland for opposing teams! As long as Barnes is the HC, Vols basketball will be highly relevant!

Shocked that the Vols will win 2 SEC games next year, which is equal to the number the Vols won this year and brings their 3 year total to 5 wins TOTAL. Yeah, that'll shock some people

images
A great movie and I seriously doubt another movie has ever been made that had that many “A” list actors in it.

Wow.

Reactions: Devo182
He said all that to say this...We’re coming for you Vandy!
SAT) TBA
VS
GEORGIA STATE
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
Brigham Young University Logo
SEP 7 (SAT) TBA
VS
BYU
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Logo
SEP 14 (SAT) TBA
VS
CHATTANOOGA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Florida Logo
SEP 21 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
FLORIDA
GAINESVILLE, FLA.
University of Georgia Logo
OCT 5 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
GEORGIA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
Mississippi State University Logo
OCT 12 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Alabama Logo
OCT 19 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
ALABAMA
TUSCALOOSA, ALA.
University of South Carolina Logo
OCT 26 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
SOUTH CAROLINA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Alabama at Birmingham Logo
NOV 2 (SAT) TBA
VS
UAB
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Kentucky Logo
NOV 9 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KY.
University of Missouri Logo
NOV 23 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
MISSOURI
COLUMBIA, MO.
Vanderbilt University Logo
NOV 30 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
VANDERBILT
KNOXVILLE, TENN.

Here is the list that we’re coming after. I thought I might let you know.

It’s not unreasonable to believe we can’t win at least 7 games, maybe even 8. Their should be significant improvement this year. The only time I was real impressed with the Helton playcalling was against Auburn. Chayney is on another level! This is year 2 with a lot of the same players who are going to be more developed. Who knows, maybe their will be a couple surprises! Like with Quavaris Crouch!, he used to be number 1 athlete in the country. Should also be at least an improved offensive line, even if we have injuries and turnover.(which is to be expected) Guarantano will improve with Chayney. Their are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about next year and beyond. My number one reason is my confidence in Pruitt. We really did land the best possible coach. Look how bad Bama looked without him. Now he can focus even more on Defense! Can’t wait till football season! Go Vols!

You said so little with so many words. "Absolutely. Here's why" because...fans aren't paying attention to us? But they better be...?

Wth does any of this have to do with actual on field performance? Lol

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back