Could it be Chaney?

Which is more than enough points with the defense CJP is more than capable of putting together. How many points per game do you think are necessary?

Under Chaney the last 5 seasons:

2014 Ark avg 31.9 pts/game
2015 Pitt avg 28.2 pts/game
2016 GA avg 24.5 pts/game
2017 GA avg 35.4 pts/game
2018 GA avg 37.9 pts/game

Very good improvement at GA.

i-want-him-5llx1q.jpg

Just MO, but im kinda thinking its a possibility. His buyout is 500k,Georgia fans wants him gone, he likes
E. Tenn... hmmmm
His contract runs out at the end of the academic year. There will be no buyout.

Best thing about Cheney is he isn't married to a system. When he had Tyler Bray and a bunch of good receivers he aired it out. Then when he had a massive OL at Arkansas he smashed it between the tackles. I think he'd do a good job of figuring out how the best way to maximize what we've got while Pruitt rebuilds the talent.

After his first season with UT I thought he managed players and the gameplan pretty well. There was not much to be done that first year. They never developed a stud running back. but not sure that was his fault now.

Lots of Chaney Rumors in Georgia Twitter saying he is leaving and most think for Tennessee.
Be careful what you wish for

Kirby has done well for himself so far having to hire 2 new coordinators go for it will make me confident about a W in Jax

And Fromm except for the bowl game

Their just still butthurt about their savior fields

If it is Chaney, it would be interesting that Pruitt would be choosing the guy that he completely shut down in the second half of the NC game last year.

So would most be on board withChaney? If not why? Curious to see what kind of negatives people have about him.

Mediocre resume, so not that excited, but we could do a lot worse. Just hate hes married to pro style QBs and lack of tempo. 0 innovation. Good enough to get us relevant but not over the hump

Reactions: 08Vol and Woke
Best thing about Cheney is he isn't married to a system. When he had Tyler Bray and a bunch of good receivers he aired it out. Then when he had a massive OL at Arkansas he smashed it between the tackles. I think he'd do a good job of figuring out how the best way to maximize what we've got while Pruitt rebuilds the talent.

53 pass/47 run not exactly airing it out

Under Chaney the last 5 seasons:

2014 Ark avg 31.9 pts/game
2015 Pitt avg 28.2 pts/game
2016 GA avg 24.5 pts/game
2017 GA avg 35.4 pts/game
2018 GA avg 37.9 pts/game

Very good improvement at GA.

Yeah, with #1, #2 recruiting classes... Are we getting some of those too? Look what he did with regular talent.

53 pass/47 run not exactly airing it out

Tyler Bray has four of the top seven games in Tennessee history for passing yards. Cheney threw way downfield repeatedly in a way I haven't seen since because that's what he had the personnel for.

If you want to bring in an Air Raid guy who will throw it 75 percent of the time that's cool but be prepared for the offense to be absolute ass for a couple years while we recruit the players for it and install the system.

Yeah they were good and effective until the all around bomb of 2017 when we again lacked a DT QB. Need both. 2 straight 35+ ppg seasons, when else have we ever done that?
Yeah, Bama and Clemson don’t have DT QBs and they seem just fine.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

VN Store

Back