Could it be Chaney?

He has a lifetime 29.2 ppg scoring average - which would be 64th in the country this year.
Which is more than enough points with the defense CJP is more than capable of putting together. How many points per game do you think are necessary?

Reactions: dduncan4163
images

Which is more than enough points with the defense CJP is more than capable of putting together. How many points per game do you think are necessary?

Lol 29 ppg is hardly enough, unless our goal is just a bowl game.

Necessary to do what? Make the playoffs?

I did extensive research on playoff teams' scoring margins and found out nearly all have had 15+ PPG margins and most have 20+, to be even somewhat successful in the playoffs (ie, Michigan St and Washington were lower and got embarrassed).

So if we score 29 ppg, that would mean we're going to hold modern offenses to 9 ppg? Only 2011 Bama has done that in the past decade, and that was prior to the big offensive shift. 13 ppg was tops this year.

Only 2 of the last 12 playoff team have averaged below 33 ppg and both got blown out (2018 ND and 2015 Mich St).

I'd say 35 ppg is a safe estimation as to what would be needed, along with an elite D. Fwiw the championship teams this year averaged 48 and 44 ppg. Those are the kinds of offenses we need to get close to. We can't shoot for par.

Reactions: trent4394
Dawgs are very upset at Chaney, Fields leaving, and other players declaring early. Would be a nice get for us to take advantage of their chaos. Not sure if he fits the fast paced style Pruitt is considering but Chaney knows how to call plays.

Dawgs are very upset at Chaney, Fields leaving, and other players declaring early. Would be a nice get for us to take advantage of their chaos. Not sure if he fits the fast paced style Pruitt is considering but Chaney knows how to call plays.

True. People have said they blame Chaney for the loss to TX. But Chaney didnt allow Ellhinger to go all Tebow on the defense.

Ive thought all along that it's a Clemson or bama offensive coach. Makes sense with no hire and no official news from Pruitt. But what the heck do I know. May very well be Chaney.

VN Store

Back