'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Love the comment about Wright.

I really like how this class send like a bunch of guys that really want to play together.

With the early enrollees we'll have, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out when we have visitors this month.
I think that comrade is what makes a great team. I think we're seeing it in our basketball program. Band of brothers.

Gray was a prospect who made a lot of headlines as a senior and there are big expectations for him this week in the All-American Bowl. Our first impression of him, though, is that he was noticeably smaller than the other backs on his team without a commensurate increase in speed or quickness to compensate. Fellow East running backs Trey Sanders and Chez Mellusi were bigger and just as, if not more, explosive as Gray on the first day of team practices.
-Rivals

People thought Alvin Kamara was undersized too.... if you got the muscle to back it up and the leg drive it doesn’t really matter.
TBF though, Kamara has always been considered super explosive.

Saying Gray is smaller and not more explosive than some 5 star backs isn’t a huge knock and there’s a lot more to playing RB than being big and explosive.

TBF though, Kamara has always been considered super explosive.

Saying Gray is smaller and not more explosive than some 5 star backs isn’t a huge knock and there’s a lot more to playing RB than being big and explosive.

Definitely agree. Things also change when it’s gameday as well. So we will see but the real test will be what he does in the spring game.

VN Store

Back